You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
Ensign_Cthulhu

Weekend Spree, Oct 30-Nov 1 2020.

11 comments in this topic

[ARGSY]
Members
21,721 posts
15,757 battles

Did not achieve much in normal ships this weekend - lots of IRL interruptions, and when that was over, I was beat.

Pushed my Key Battles points to about 65,000; Tier 8 camo should easily be achievable, and we shall see about Tier 9 after that. There were a few in-game divs that seemed determined to do nothing but grief human players, even when they had nothing much worth taking. I know the mode is all about treachery, but this seemed to take it a step further; viz. I got chased down the full length of the map by a bunch of people who could have used their time much more effectively killing monsters and grabbing keys.

In retrospect I think I know what their strategy was (to leave as few players alive as possible if one or more of them missed out on keys), but it doesn't say much about their confidence in themselves to win the Octagon battle.

OTOH I think I am finally getting the hang of Kansas' guns.

[-TKS-]
Members
1,253 posts
9,590 battles

Decent weekend. I played scenario battles for the majority of the time. Almost got myself Shokaku and plan on adding her to my port sometime this week. Played a match in Guepard and realized how hilarious French DDs can be when they bully enemy DDs with MBR booster. Other than that played Clan battles and breached into Storm II. I’ve earned more steel in less than a month than in three years of playing this game. Soon I’ll have to choose what steel ship I want! :Smile_ohmy:

[USMC-]
Members
319 posts
8,696 battles

I discovered the “War Canoe” aka the Okhotnik, played 13 games in it so far with a 77% wr, 28 boats sunk, and 60k avg damage. Best game was 7 kills and 170k of damage. What a fun boat. This boat may displace my beloved Kamikaze as my favorite salt miner.

[RBMK2]
[RBMK2]
Members
586 posts
12,266 battles

Fairly quiet boats w/e. 

Did enough to get 3 crates each day.

Had a 100K 2K base XP match in the Nuremberg. It was pretty nice, especially after the prior match where I caught 2 cits early and died in the first 4 minutes.

[TDR]
[TDR]
Members
952 posts
10,736 battles

Busy weekend but I’m getting close to having fletcher, ~10k xp, and looking forward to it. Also about 150k xp from my first regrind for mino. Neptune and I play well together and the whole line is pretty fun.

ran most of the naval battles and a few clan battles, the new time is awful to get people on, even east coast times

[PVE]
Members
4,678 posts
20,617 battles
1 hour ago, Ensign_Cthulhu said:

Did not achieve much in normal ships this weekend - lots of IRL interruptions, and when that was over, I was beat.

Pushed my Key Battles points to about 65,000; Tier 8 camo should easily be achievable, and we shall see about Tier 9 after that. There were a few in-game divs that seemed determined to do nothing but grief human players, even when they had nothing much worth taking. I know the mode is all about treachery, but this seemed to take it a step further; viz. I got chased down the full length of the map by a bunch of people who could have used their time much more effectively killing monsters and grabbing keys.

In retrospect I think I know what their strategy was (to leave as few players alive as possible if one or more of them missed out on keys), but it doesn't say much about their confidence in themselves to win the Octagon battle.

OTOH I think I am finally getting the hang of Kansas' guns.

Let's see:  won't play Key battles because they are a waste of time.  The BB first phase was done well before the weekend.  Have the Kansas and see no need to ever, ever play her outside of snowflakes.

Play the daily for the ECXP and the minor free stuff and log off.   Nothing interesting going on; the community is fading; and, there is little point in investing time in this game anymore.    We will see what Christmas is like and it may be time to call this game a day......  One of a small handful of games I keep installed and play once a month.   There seriously isn't something to look forward to and status quo isn't even fun............

[ARGSY]
Members
21,721 posts
15,757 battles
1 hour ago, Burnsy said:

shot-20.11.01_23.50.29-0259.jpg

You didn't even care enough to take a Zero XP screenshot fresh out of the box with that new carrier smell still on it? :fish_palm:  Shame on you. :Smile_veryhappy:

(All jokes aside, congratulations on the ship. That thing costs more steel to buy than I would ever be able to drive myself to grind.)

[A-D-F]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
8,036 posts
24 minutes ago, Ensign_Cthulhu said:

You didn't even care enough to take a Zero XP screenshot fresh out of the box with that new carrier smell still on it? :fish_palm:  Shame on you. :Smile_veryhappy:

(All jokes aside, congratulations on the ship. That thing costs more steel to buy than I would ever be able to drive myself to grind.)

I was so excited to try it that I forgot. :Smile_teethhappy:  Thanks!

[WOLFG]
Members
10,711 posts
9,918 battles

Friday - Not much.  Had real life stuff.  Managed 1 Naval battle point before the required points went too high for PVE.

Saturday and Sunday - played the 6 dailies, building up the coal pile and ECXP.