Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
db4100

Kaga Torpedo Plane Question

5 comments in this topic

[LWA]
Members
1,186 posts

I just had a game with a Kaga (2 CVs per side).  I saw multiple times where the Kaga's torpedo planes would drop all 12 of the squadron's torpedoes at once.   How is that possible?  I can only do 4 at a time, and that is what the description of the planes says.  12 total planes and four of them in an attack flight.  I have the replay......

Update:  I just reviewed the game.  The torpedo squadron in question was not the Kaga.  It was that new ship the Tone.  Ah, well.  I thought I caught my first hacker.....

Screen shot of the incident.....That Tone dropped 8 torpedoes at once....just saying.
Tone.thumb.jpg.ef8458e41d3aa9356d7c4b445540374f.jpg

Edited by db4100

Members
3,455 posts
41,016 battles
10 minutes ago, db4100 said:

I just had a game with a Kaga (2 CVs per side).  I saw multiple times where the Kaga's torpedo planes would drop all 12 of the squadron's torpedoes at once.   How is that possible?  I can only do 4 at a time, and that is what the description of the planes says.  12 total planes and four of them in an attack flight.  I have the replay......

Update:  I just reviewed the game.  The torpedo squadron in question was not the Kaga.  It was that new ship the Tone.  Ah, well.  I thought I caught my first hacker.....

Screen shot of the incident.....That Tone dropped 8 torpedoes at once....just saying.
Tone.thumb.jpg.ef8458e41d3aa9356d7c4b445540374f.jpg

Ouch, now that's a drop. Let's see a Wooster turn that one out. LOL 🤣

Members
3,455 posts
41,016 battles

By any chance you are advertising the Tone?

It is early in testing by the way. Doubtful it stays that way.

If it did, I might get one in Black.

🤔🔪🔪🔪🐓

Edited by SteelRain_Rifleman

[WOLFC]
Members
2,008 posts
10,437 battles

The hybrid ships’ aircraft handling characteristics are different than those on a CV. Tone, for example, has 4 planes per flight/squadron and each drop 2 torpedoes. Planes don’t return to the deck, and regeneration time is 120s for the entire flight (not on a per plane basis). I would expect the small squadron size makes trying to strike hardened targets or groups of ships very difficult, so the actual striking power would be highly variable.

https://blog.worldofwarships.com/blog/84

Edited by Nevermore135

[HARU]
Beta Testers
117 posts
6,445 battles

The Tones aircraft drop two torps? The only aircraft the Japanese had that could drop two torps were the flying boats(h6K Mavis and H8K Emily). The gimmicks never end. Too funny WG.

Sign in to follow this