Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
John_Crace

WG "auto" lead breaks aim

10 comments in this topic

[B-Z]
Members
198 posts
22,940 battles

I have noticed a lot that WG adds auto lead to "help".

It's especially noticeable when you fire at a ship about to hit an island. The shells will hit the island which is in front of the ship, ahead of where I was aiming.

Anyone else notice this? Because it totally breaks a players ability to actually aim if WG are going to fire somewhere else.

Edited by John_Crace

[HINON]
Alpha Tester
24,710 posts
19,894 battles

This has long been the case, at the moment lock is broken the guns forget what elevation they were at and aim at what the reticle is pointed at, in this case the rock that caused lock to break.

[SBS]
Members
6,105 posts

The built-in aim assist has changed and I find it annoying at times.  In the past it seemed to be much less noticeable, now its blatantly obvious that WG is guiding your shots.  Try locking onto one ship and fire at another one behind it, or vice versa, and you'll see what I mean.

• Cool 1

[EQRN]
Members
2,130 posts
18,633 battles

I don’t like it either, if I’m pointing at a ship in E5 and the target goes dark, my guns shouldn’t automatically swing to E6, or wherever.

[FOXY]
Members
1,197 posts
5,458 battles
21 minutes ago, FrodoFraggin said:

I don’t like it either, if I’m pointing at a ship in E5 and the target goes dark, my guns shouldn’t automatically swing to E6, or wherever.

I hate this too, but i really hate when the target flickers out of visibility the moment you fire and because the guidance vanished all your shells go over the target even though your aim never changed.

[-TRM-]
[-TRM-]
Members
1,381 posts
4,923 battles

That would be something to consider over coffee.

[-TKS-]
Members
269 posts
8,869 battles

this also effects people border riding, the best advice for shooting at people riding a border is to generally hit "X and unlock from that ship

[-BCO-]
Members
848 posts
1,740 battles

Hi. I noticed that too. It is very annoying. Not only that but somehow the short range disp(~ 6km and under) got VERY wonky. People in ops confirmed too. On EU I play cruiser main so naturally I hunt dd's and......it is VERY frustrating.

[A-D-F]
Members
1,275 posts
11,567 battles
50 minutes ago, Bandi73 said:

Hi. I noticed that too. It is very annoying. Not only that but somehow the short range disp(~ 6km and under) got VERY wonky. People in ops confirmed too. On EU I play cruiser main so naturally I hunt dd's and......it is VERY frustrating.

This 'short range bug' has been going on for long enough I believe it officially qualifies as a 'feature'. Complaining about new beneficent feature from our  benevolent WeeG overlords will only resort in being sent to gulag. /s 

2 hours ago, Princess_Daystar said:

I hate this too, but i really hate when the target flickers out of visibility the moment you fire and because the guidance vanished all your shells go over the target even though your aim never changed.

Good, good, your hatred will make your journey to the Dark Side a swift one. -I'm sure WeeG is very concerned about this. /s

• Cool 1

[-BCO-]
Members
848 posts
1,740 battles
38 minutes ago, Curly__san said:

This 'short range bug' has been going on for long enough I believe it officially qualifies as a 'feature'. Complaining about new beneficent feature from our  benevolent WeeG overlords will only resort in being sent to gulag. /s 

Hm...Interesting.I can say that it wasn't present on EU. And here on Na noticed AFTER the "update". Made me to start a thread about it.

And da comrade I know about the blessings of RNGesus bestowed upon those who don't dissent :) but....... I don't really care. Maybe I will win the Sakharov prize....

Edited by Bandi73
  • Funny 1

Sign in to follow this