Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
Filthywon

Upgrades in the armory

9 comments in this topic

[WOLF7]
Members
55 posts

Still trying to figure out a few things in this game. The armory has upgrades that you can purchase for coal. Are they the same upgrades that come with the ship or are they better than the standard upgrades that are available for the ship?

And if they are better,  say damage control party modification 1 or engine boost modification 1 how do I get them from the armory to said ship.

I clicked on my name in port scroll down to inventory and then click on upgrades but I don't know how to get the upgrades from there to that ship and I don't even know if the upgrades are any better than the ones that already come with the ship so I'm kind of confused and lost which is about normal. 

Any help would be great. 

[Y0L0W]
Members
577 posts
18,557 battles

These are usually special upgrades that you can equip as opposed to the regular upgrades that you would normally purchase for in game credits.

For example, slot 2 you can normally choose between damage control modification or engine room modification. You can also purchase mods that make your hydro acoustic search last 20% longer or radar last 20% longer. 

To be honest. I wouldn’t worry too much about these for sub tier 8 ships until you better learn the game. Coal can be hard to come up. No point using unnecessarily. 

Edited by Bortt
  • Thanks 1

[_BDA_]
Members
106 posts
3,506 battles

First off, the upgrades aren't necessarily better than the standard upgrades, the mostly provide an increase in action time of the consumable they are named for with some coming with tradeoffs. 

Second, in order to get them to a ship, you first need purchase the upgrade and you can then fit it on any ship of your choice so long as said ship has the consumable in question and the slot for it (most of the coal upgrades go in slot 2 with some going in slot 3).

• Thanks 1

[WOLF7]
Members
55 posts

I agree,  I just don't know why there is no reference on how to do it.  In the future how do you get the upgrade from your inventory to the ship?

[_BDA_]
Members
106 posts
3,506 battles
3 minutes ago, Filthywon said:

I agree,  I just don't know why there is no reference on how to do it.  In the future how do you get the upgrade from your inventory to the ship?

You simply click on the upgrade slot and it should show as one of your options and then select and mount the upgrade and done.

Edited by cheekywarship2018
  • Thanks 1

[WOOKY]
Beta Testers
1,743 posts
1 hour ago, Filthywon said:

shot-20_11.02_11_14.52-0975.thumb.jpg.d0bae8c9a4aeb476d4a85c35006f6dbd.jpg

• Thanks 1

[WOLF7]
Members
55 posts

Do the modules change in the armory, and how often?  Are they available from other places? I wish they had something to improve accuracy seems pretty limited for now. I'm still trying to navigate this game but that's half the fun.  Thanks everybody for your help, this forum has alot of knowledge.

[CDOH]
Members
573 posts
7,494 battles

They are static.  I purchased Radar duration and speed boost duration upgrades.    I really like the speed boost upgrade on the Georgia.

• Thanks 1

Sign in to follow this