You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Go4U

Minimap AutoSpy - version 2.0.1.0

9 comments in this topic

[LUJSV]
Members
117 posts
19,143 battles

I'm a long time user of the "World Of Warships ModStation", where there are many mods from different authors. 

One of the function is the "AutoSpy Minimap" which I really love it. 

Does anybody knows when the author will update that minimap mod? 

He is from Russia and as I play in NA Server (I can't write on their forum) and as I do not speak russian; I don't see another way to find out what will be of it, if it is not through this post.

Thanks for any new about it!

Developers
412 posts
24 battles

Hello.
The author of the modification is working on the restoration, as soon as the update of the mod is completed, we will immediately enable it in the modpack.

Regards

• Cool 1

[SSG]
Alpha Tester
5,189 posts
12,094 battles
7 minutes ago, MatroseFuchs said:

Hello.
The author of the modification is working on the restoration, as soon as the update of the mod is completed, we will immediately enable it in the modpack.

Regards

Maybe you guys should add it (or something similar) to the game as an option to enable. It's nice for someone like me that see's a reduced colour range (note not 'colour blind' like I mix red and green, There are shades of say the colour Blue that I can't tell apart from Black, Grey and Green I see it as either Blue or Grey, Blue or Green, etc - most notoriously in game I can't tell the difference between flak bursts from normal AA or DEF AA tht's supposed to be there, and since Alpha complained the team text colour I can't even see 90% of the time unless I point so it lines up over land or something) and other than lines at times being too close can't even sometimes see them to tell 'is he in gun range/spotting range/torpedo range. To say nothing of it just being useful information to display the AA ring, separate which is torpedo range from guns, etc. 

Members
6 posts
462 battles
10 hours ago, WanderingGhost said:

Maybe you guys should add it (or something similar) to the game as an option to enable. It's nice for someone like me that see's a reduced colour range (note not 'colour blind' like I mix red and green, There are shades of say the colour Blue that I can't tell apart from Black, Grey and Green I see it as either Blue or Grey, Blue or Green, etc - most notoriously in game I can't tell the difference between flak bursts from normal AA or DEF AA tht's supposed to be there, and since Alpha complained the team text colour I can't even see 90% of the time unless I point so it lines up over land or something) and other than lines at times being too close can't even sometimes see them to tell 'is he in gun range/spotting range/torpedo range. To say nothing of it just being useful information to display the AA ring, separate which is torpedo range from guns, etc. 

I am red/green colour blind myself. I can still easily distinguish between green and red traffic lights (and, luckily, WoWS allies/enemies) - it's only that I lose the ability to reliably distinguish these colours when the hues veer from the "pure" red and green to the in-betweens - or there is limited light. That's red/green colour blindness.

Absolute colour blindness (seeing the world in tones of grey) is extremely rare, while "run-of-the mill" colour blindness such as ours affects about 1 man in 20 (but only one woman in 200).

Have you tried the blue/red option offered as an alternative to green/red?

BTW, I absolutely agree with you that something like Autospy's mini-map should be integrated in the game - I particularly like the ability to shade areas with colours ...

• Cool 1

[SSG]
Alpha Tester
5,189 posts
12,094 battles
5 hours ago, Leifurh said:

I am red/green colour blind myself. I can still easily distinguish between green and red traffic lights (and, luckily, WoWS allies/enemies) - it's only that I lose the ability to reliably distinguish these colours when the hues veer from the "pure" red and green to the in-betweens - or there is limited light. That's red/green colour blindness.

Absolute colour blindness (seeing the world in tones of grey) is extremely rare, while "run-of-the mill" colour blindness such as ours affects about 1 man in 20 (but only one woman in 200).

Have you tried the blue/red option offered as an alternative to green/red?

BTW, I absolutely agree with you that something like Autospy's mini-map should be integrated in the game - I particularly like the ability to shade areas with colours ...

Sorry, could only base it off my dads friend who was red/green colour blind and actually could not tell which was what - he could only tell traffic light colour by bright/dark apparently. The makeline in the pizza shop he opened was an adjustment for most of the staff because since he owned the place unlike Domino's where he'd been a franchisee he actually had a completely different layout that even things that were pure green/red were further apart in specific spots so if he had to make a pizza he actually knew what he was putting on.

When they first brought out the colour blind settings I tried all of them, actually last time was at a doctor got them to test me for colour blindness and they said I was fine - though perplexed by someone saying they were '80% sure it was a 6'. But it's an issue my Grandfather apparently had as well that regardless of colour certain parings become indistinguishable be it similar colours or dark/dark or bright/bright. The best guess anyone has to simplify it is that if most people see the equivalent of a 152 count crayon box of unique colours, I apparently only see 120 of them. For a good while playing FF14 my friends, one in particular, gave me crap about dodging in certain fights and certain mechanics - and it wasn't till I showed them how dark I had to make names and all over characters particularly in one dungeon they finally started to understand I couldn't see the orange circle over the yellow and that I couldn't tell the difference between the blue and green the sky turned.

Unless I have all the variants of colour blindness, thereby limiting the entire range of colours for me or something. Suffice to say the fact I can't go shopping alone because I'll be shopping for black pants and a red shirt and potentially come home with blue pants and a brown shirt is annoying. Or when the BK I used to live near went to an LED signboard in store for the menu and decided to have white text with the yellow strips around them - where the brighter white and yellow I can't actually read them so I only know what a section was by the thankfully black on white text. 

[LUJSV]
Members
117 posts
19,143 battles
On 11/2/2020 at 6:39 AM, MatroseFuchs said:

Hello.

Regards

@MatroseFuchs

I just updated the minimap from AutoSpy...
The ModStation did it for it self. Now I will check it out in game.
How could I thank to the author since he is from Russia?

Edited by Go4U
edit

Developers
412 posts
24 battles
On 11/3/2020 at 11:30 PM, Go4U said:

How could I thank to the author since he is from Russia?

You can write to him in personal messages or in the corresponding topic of the mod on the RU forum. I think he will be very pleased.

• Cool 1

[LUJSV]
Members
117 posts
19,143 battles
On 11/5/2020 at 4:07 AM, MatroseFuchs said:

You can write to him in personal messages or in the corresponding topic of the mod on the RU forum. I think he will be very pleased.

@MatroseFuchs I tried write him into the Russian Forum, but I can't. The Forum rules says that I have to play at least 5 battles... I have not account in Russian Server... Just one in NA Server. Is there is any other way to reach him? Thank you!

Developers
412 posts
24 battles
24 minutes ago, Go4U said:

@MatroseFuchs I tried write him into the Russian Forum, but I can't. The Forum rules says that I have to play at least 5 battles... I have not account in Russian Server... Just one in NA Server. Is there is any other way to reach him? Thank you!

There is only one way to write this in private messages on the forum. To do this, you need to create an account, play 5 battles, it will not take you much time.

• Cool 1