You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
Gaelic_knight

DAYLIGHT SAVING CHANGES

12 comments in this topic

[MR-1]
[MR-1]
Members
2,120 posts
24,270 battles

changeing the times for the clan battles   now sucks  . 

i dont finnish work till 4:30 pm  and would  miss half of clan battles   by the time i got home . pretty sure  other players will be affected also in different ways . 

shot-20.11.01_09.51.59-0191.jpg

• Haha 1
  • Boring 1

Beta Testers
3,315 posts
26,945 battles

I don't believe that they need to do this day-light savings time nonsense  ! what a waste of time and money doing that !!!

• Cool 1

[GWG]
[GWG]
Alpha Tester
28,473 posts
14,971 battles
7 minutes ago, Tachnechdorus said:

I don't believe that they need to do this day-light savings time nonsense  ! what a waste of time and money doing that !!!

It did save fuel when the world wasn't 24/7 but now I think any savings from less use of lights in the morning for the day shift people is eaten up by higher usage by the afternoon and night people. I really wish they would pick one or the other and then stay with it.

[MR-1]
[MR-1]
Members
2,120 posts
24,270 battles

just because we changed our clocks  didnt mean to say they had to change the starting times also  as it wouldnt of been effected   

[-TRM-]
[-TRM-]
Members
4,020 posts

The same goes for dividing the USA into 4 time zones to accomodate the need to protect the railroad crew when they pull out onto the mainline at such a time to the scheduled minute. When they have a thousand passengers at 80+ mph 100 years ago long before radio comms etc those schedules were exacting.

Regading the time changes twice annually, its a minor irritant. Some states like Arizona do not even do it. It complicates things a little bit for trucking to be somewhere across the USA to the minute appointment. Most people cannot get to the doctor across town, never mind 3000 miles of USA in all weather.

Regarding clan battles. It does not matter who schedules anything other than evening in NA. Out of 45 members we usually have about 6 or so give or take online in the mid day to evening hours. The merc system helps make a 7 so we can have CB at all. We actually have gained some good members this way when they discover how well we operate in CB, win or lose and join us. We are always happy to have them.

I am a 24/7 person. It might be two days before i sleep so there is alot of gaming. But real life provides problems. Currently I am burning off a fever so have not played much knowing that my performance in game will be a liability to my team. I'll be back in game shooting up eveyrthiing when I get better later this week. (I already voted early weeks ago so the election day problems is meaningless to me.)

Edited by xHeavy
  • Boring 1

[WOLF5]
Supertester
5,236 posts
4,354 battles
2 hours ago, BrushWolf said:

It did save fuel when the world wasn't 24/7 but now I think any savings from less use of lights in the morning for the day shift people is eaten up by higher usage by the afternoon and night people. I really wish they would pick one or the other and then stay with it.

I agree. There's no good reason to do now, and it just causes trouble. I think the only reason we haven't stopped doing it yet is because it would take a ton of legal effort to do, so as with most things nothing happens.

• Cool 1

[ARR0W]
Members
4,244 posts
26,639 battles
2 hours ago, BrushWolf said:

There needs to be some cost-benefit analysis. 

I do know that the country went on what some people referred to as Double Daylight War Time  or War Time (which was DST) during WWII. Despite the fact that factories were working around the clock, it still made a savings of electricity due to less home use and office use. 

Edited by Pugilistic

[GWG]
[GWG]
Alpha Tester
28,473 posts
14,971 battles
15 minutes ago, AJTP89 said:

I agree. There's no good reason to do now, and it just causes trouble. I think the only reason we haven't stopped doing it yet is because it would take a ton of legal effort to do, so as with most things nothing happens.

3 minutes ago, Pugilistic said:

There needs to be some cost-benefit analysis. 

I do know that parts of the country went on Double Daylight War Time part of the year during WWII. Despite the fact that factories were working around the clock, it still made a savings of electricity due to less home use and office use. 

The main beneficiaries now are golfers and softball players, I don't golf and the old body is far too beaten up to play softball, and most softball fields these days have lights.

[ARR0W]
Members
4,244 posts
26,639 battles
13 minutes ago, BrushWolf said:

The main beneficiaries now are golfers and softball players, I don't golf and the old body is far too beaten up to play softball, and most softball fields these days have lights.

I grew up in a little mill town that had a great football tradition and won the American Legion World Series in 1940. The softball leagues were very competitive (mills recruited players with jobs), the level of play very good, all had lights, and the lovingly groomed fields were a thing of beauty and a great pleasure to play on. 

One of these fields was on the end of a wooded city park in a long hollow with a good sized creek running down one side. It was a good five degrees cooler than the rest of town by the time the late game started about an hour after dark. There were concession stands, PA announcers and a fair amount of good-natured heckling of the umpires, who were after all our relatives and neighbors. One had such good comebacks that I believe he missed a career in stand-up comedy. 

• Cool 1

[SLI]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
9,544 posts

WG didn't invent daylight savings time and they don't decide if it exists or not. 

They are faced with the question though, which group do they impact?  Some players are going to face a problem if they move CB to match the time change and some players are going to face a problem, if they don't. 

A decision has to be made, one way or the other. 

[WORX]
Members
14,296 posts
20,867 battles

OP, I suggest to move where DST is not practiced or observed by a Governmental body....

Other then that its not WG issue, its the law of the land you reside in.

[GWG]
[GWG]
Alpha Tester
28,473 posts
14,971 battles
12 minutes ago, Pugilistic said:

I grew up in a little mill town that had a great football tradition and won the American Legion World Series in 1940. The softball leagues were very competitive (mills recruited players with jobs), the level of play very good, all had lights, and the lovingly groomed fields were a thing of beauty and a great pleasure to play on. 

One of these fields was on the end of a wooded city park in a long hollow with a good sized creek running down one side. It was a good five degrees cooler than the rest of town by the time the late game started about an hour after dark. There were concession stands, PA announcers and a fair amount of good-natured heckling of the umpires, who were after all our relatives and neighbors. One had such good comebacks that I believe he missed a career in stand-up comedy. 

We have one of the remaining WPA stadiums here in Duluth and it is a joy to watch games at with the Duluth Huskies of the independent minor league Northwoods league playing there. We get a lot of major league players working on comebacks out of the limelight that they would be under in the regular minor league teams.

• Cool 1