You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
Dr_Venture

RB Question

17 comments in this topic

[SALVO]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
6,061 posts
6,012 battles

So I'm at my first reset on the usn bb, here is the question: 

Do I free xp to montana - then reset the line for the second time - then I play the line and get double the points? Then I reset the line again, or play whatever other line I want? 

I get you basically reset the line twice, wait for the season to turn over, then reset again, I'm just trying to find a hybrid way of resetting/free xping that isn't overly expensive but quick.

[-KAK-]
Members
607 posts
11,725 battles

I've never done it, but as I understand it, you:

- Reset a line shortly before the "season" ends
- FXP to the T10. Don't play/purchase any of the ships.
- Once the new season starts, reset the line again
- FXP or Grind the line, making sure to purchase/play each ship as you go.

[A-D-F]
7,931 posts

You can use FXP to reset a line as many times as you want.  You get all accumulated points, when you then play the ships and win, one time.  The unclaimed points do transfer from season to season.

[HINON]
Alpha Tester
24,686 posts
19,814 battles

Unclaimed RB points stack through multiple resets. Meaning you don't have to buy / play the ships each reset cycle, the points will stack until you do buy / play them.

[TXGUN]
Beta Testers
3,219 posts
26,842 battles

Makes no sense to re-do a line what so ever ................................

[A-D-F]
7,931 posts
25 minutes ago, Tachnechdorus said:

Eh, I reset lines I like.  I am going to play them anyway, no matter what.  I might as well get the most out of it.

[HINON]
Alpha Tester
24,686 posts
19,814 battles
25 minutes ago, Tachnechdorus said:

iB5xwIJh.jpg

It's up to every individual whether they want to or not. Personally I have Ohio and Siegfried through RB and don't regret the time spent getting either.

[WOLF2]
Members
1,646 posts
11,621 battles
24 minutes ago, Dr_Venture said:

So I'm at my first reset on the usn bb, here is the question: 

Do I free xp to montana - then reset the line for the second time - then I play the line and get double the points? Then I reset the line again, or play whatever other line I want? 

I get you basically reset the line twice, wait for the season to turn over, then reset again, I'm just trying to find a hybrid way of resetting/free xping that isn't overly expensive but quick.

I did a pseudo minimum FXP approach to mine.   Of course, the cheapest in FXP to reset a whole line is IJN DDs.   Since I don't have any DDs at T10, I searched through the WoWs Fitting Tool (https://wowsft.com/research) to see the amount of FXP needed.    For me, the shortest FXP path was French cruisers.

With the last quarter of RB close to ending, I reset the line for the 2x bonus and FXP'd up to T10.   A few days later, a new season started, and I reset the line again for the 2x bonus.   That too was FXP'd to T10.     I then reset the line again for 1x and started at T1 to grind up.     I started the RB with 2million FXP.   The T1 - T10 cost for FXP for the French cruiser line is 739670.    The first two 2x resets cost roughly 1.5 million FXP.    I've built up the FXP back up to 1.3 million, so I could easily bump my 1x RB grind to T10, collect my points, and then try to choose between Ohio or Slava.

But, I am having fun grinding up the French line again.   T1 - T5 just took a day or two.   I'm grinding to T8 now, and it's been a fun haul.   Other events took some of my attention off, but I'm back in the grind to Henri.

It wasn't as bad as I had expected.

[GWG]
[GWG]
Supertester
27,096 posts
14,720 battles
42 minutes ago, Tachnechdorus said:

15 minutes ago, Burnsy said:

Eh, I reset lines I like.  I am going to play them anyway, no matter what.  I might as well get the most out of it.

That is a thought but I detest the idea that I am locked out of a ship until I buy it back again. I would have preferred that we just had to play through them again in order to get the points.

[META_]
Members
2,255 posts
7,485 battles
54 minutes ago, Lert said:

Unclaimed RB points stack through multiple resets. Meaning you don't have to buy / play the ships each reset cycle, the points will stack until you do buy / play them.

Have not reset a line, am a noob about this.

Where do we find out when the season ends/begins?

Members
2,093 posts
32,347 battles

Hopefully they will do asymmetric battles again. That was a great opportunity to grind thru T8 and took no time at all with the stacked signals. Got thru Mogami and Oland that way.

[A-D-F]
7,931 posts
33 minutes ago, Wye_So_Serious said:

Hopefully they will do asymmetric battles again. That was a great opportunity to grind thru T8 and took no time at all with the stacked signals. Got thru Mogami and Oland that way.

Those were fun.

[QQ7]
90 posts
9,600 battles
1 hour ago, Spud_butt said:

Have not reset a line, am a noob about this.

Where do we find out when the season ends/begins?

Every few months they offer a 2x bonus on RB points for resetting a line. So you get 20k points for resetting 1 line. But only once every few months. The usual is 10k points after you choose what line to "double".

Look in the tech tree tab at the bottom of the tier 10, should be more info on the reset, and when the bonus reset applies.

• Thanks 1

[WKY13]
Members
513 posts
10,983 battles
2 hours ago, Burnsy said:

Exactly. Playing “elite” tech tree ships is a bit of a waste.

[PVE]
Members
6,897 posts
22,643 battles
3 hours ago, Lert said:

Quick little sideways derailment here Lert...

Do all ships in the line lose their elite status when you reset the line & you need to grind out (or FXP through) all of their modules (as opposed to just the modules needed to get the next ship in line) to get the elite status back?

[HINON]
Alpha Tester
24,686 posts
19,814 battles
1 minute ago, IfYouSeeKhaos said:

Do all ships in the line lose their elite status when you reset the line & you need to grind out (or FXP through) all of their modules (as opposed to just the modules needed to get the next ship in line) to get the elite status back?

They lose elite status until you regrind everything that's available on it to grind, including all modules and the next ship up.

• Thanks 1

[META_]
Members
2,255 posts
7,485 battles
11 hours ago, _Prometh3us said:

Every few months they offer a 2x bonus on RB points for resetting a line. So you get 20k points for resetting 1 line. But only once every few months. The usual is 10k points after you choose what line to "double".

Look in the tech tree tab at the bottom of the tier 10, should be more info on the reset, and when the bonus reset applies.

thanks, 10 more days. :o)