You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
Snargfargle

No Spotting -- I'm Going Home!

11 comments in this topic

[PSP]
[PSP]
Members
13,673 posts

A teammate complains that nobody is spotting for him before "First Blood" and says he's going home. Then, our Edinburgh sends a broadside of torps into my hull for some reason and turns pink, though I was nowhere near an enemy ship. Made me wonder how the game was going to turn out.

However, then, the enemy CV decides that two of the best AA ships on our team are the ones that need to be attacked, even though we were side by side and covering each other with AA fire and our CV decides that if he can't sink anything at least he can run around and spot the enemy, which he does well. We win by a landslide. I had shells in the air for a Kraken but the game ended before they landed. I simply love playing the Massey when it's top tier in a  game with CVs.

spotting. image.thumb.png.89c2e34fef644b79d6d7d3ce1fa35f1d.png

• Cool 2
  • Boring 1

[A-I-M]
Members
3,550 posts
23,328 battles

Mass...

4kn71k.jpg

Edited by Pugilistic
  • Funny 1

[0456]
Members
3,824 posts
10,091 battles

Wow- maybe the kraken would have pushed you over 70k damage in your high tier BB. 

• Funny 1

[PSP]
[PSP]
Members
13,673 posts
17 minutes ago, _ENO_ said:

Wow- maybe the kraken would have pushed you over 70k damage in your high tier BB. 

What amazed me is that they knew exactly where I was as their CV kept sending planes at me yet they still would drive by me in low-health ships.

[GWG]
[GWG]
Supertester
27,184 posts
14,754 battles
2 hours ago, Pugilistic said:

Mass is OP, great success. 

It is a beast but it takes more than simple yoloing in to get good results.

Members
2,389 posts
13,906 battles

If you look at WG's guide to DD..... it says nothing about spotting... nothing. So, when a new DD driver looks up what WG is telling the capt what to do.. spotting isn't even mentioned...

As I said in one of my last vids, WG can be their own worst enemy because of what they do not do...

Edited by Elo_J_Fudpucker

[GOCRY]
Members
639 posts
2 hours ago, _ENO_ said:

All the enemies high tier BBs were still alive, and the OP still had 4 kills.  Seems like he was targeting DDs and CA/CLs To finish them off instead of farming damage.  Like everyone recommends.

• Cool 1

[FOXEH]
Banned
14,364 posts
20,009 battles
40 minutes ago, SeaGladius said:

All the enemies high tier BBs were still alive, and the OP still had 4 kills.  Seems like he was targeting DDs and CA/CLs To finish them off instead of farming damage.  Like everyone recommends.

That's how you get the big XP rewards, wax the smaller ships to farm the majority of their HP.

[A-I-M]
Members
3,550 posts
23,328 battles
2 hours ago, BrushWolf said:

It is a beast but it takes more than simple yoloing in to get good results.

True, but the formula doesnt require wizardry. Its the most comfortable of the no-need-aim BBs because of the superior secondaries and that 4 commander points can be turned to survival tasks.  

[0456]
Members
3,824 posts
10,091 battles
1 hour ago, SeaGladius said:

Fair point.

[A-I-M]
Members
3,550 posts
23,328 battles
2 hours ago, SeaGladius said:

This is called "Winning". 

• Cool 1