Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
Hukom

Is this allowed?

17 comments in this topic

[FRR]
Members
1,044 posts
18,078 battles

Why announce outright who the pumpkin is and what the enemy team will get when they sink it?

1534171712_WorldofWarshipsScreenshot2020_11.01-20_06_23_90.thumb.png.307e5e2f742ffe857b1d5b1bcdc48308.png

Why make it so utterly easy for the enemy team to sink the "pumpkin"? 🤷

1962736076_WorldofWarshipsScreenshot2020_11.01-20_08_18_65.thumb.png.55bca168b48bb6212f5778df3b703cb3.png

A Belfast can give the red team pause. Unbelievable.

1604531726_WorldofWarshipsScreenshot2020_11.01-20_08_47_06.thumb.png.f4a9d85f2f0006f3b9e4903d9ca4595f.png

The team could have used Belfast's firepower, even if it just for a few minutes. But "pumpkin" is important. 🤦‍♂️

928791891_WorldofWarshipsScreenshot2020_11.01-20_27_59_87.thumb.png.0929e37bf3ce09e9dee67ce945a9f5fc.png

Edited by ArmoredFrostX
  • Meh 1

[HINON]
Alpha Tester
26,297 posts
22,581 battles
16 minutes ago, ArmoredFrostX said:

Why announce outright who the pumpkin is and what the enemy team will get when they sink it?

Because it's outlined in the rules of the event.

• Cool 2

Members
2,237 posts
9,842 battles

Pumpkins function like PT acts, having access to most if not all ships, regardless of who the initial act is. (afaik)

It's likely they've never played belfast before, or are simply a bad player and made mistakes.

[BIG-7]
Beta Testers
440 posts
13,905 battles

I am a pumpkin.  Supposed to be a fun event.  We are supposed to let everyone know at the beginning of the battle, and then play as normal.   No suicides, just try as you would in a normal random game.  

[WOLF5]
Supertester
5,237 posts
4,363 battles

Pumpkins are required to announce their presence and the rewards. The idea is to give out free stuff. We are not supposed to throw the ship away though, play as we normally would and still try to win. But remember all skill levels are pumpkins, and we have almost every ship, so we may not be familiar with the ship we have. So mistakes get made. The idea is to have fun and give some stuff away. 

• Cool 2

[SAINT]
[SAINT]
Members
1,719 posts
19,714 battles

I know I had fun during the Corgi events. We had our choice of ships but during certain times we had to play either specific classes of ships or specific tiers. But we also had to announce our presence at the start of the match like the 'Pumpkins' do.  I ended up with a pretty good win rate as I recall since most of the enemy teams would yolo, once I was spotted, and I would just kite away while my team shot them up. Never stopped moving. 

Running Corgi - GIF on Imgur

Good luck 'Pumpkins' and have fun. 

[V_KNG]
Beta Testers
13,198 posts

I had an encounter with a pumpkin last night. Get out of the gutter, right?! 

He made the announcement. Everyone on our team went right or left on the map. I went up the middle and no, it wasn't Two Brothers. I fired on him, all my rounds hit for 1300 damage. Long/short I switched ammo twice then finally, nailed him and a ship near him. I thanked the player because although he was playing against me, firing on me, he/she did NOT turn and run. 

By the time I got back to port, the doubloons were in my account. Sweet. 

They played it exactly as I believe it was meant to be played. Congrats to that pumpkin! 

[BIG-7]
Beta Testers
440 posts
13,905 battles

No,  they are trying to bring a fun event to all of the player base.  No cost to you, as said earlier, pumpkins try to win, not just die, and whomever gets the kill gets a prize.  No one looses.

[ENDO]
Members
246 posts
6,312 battles

I have turned my chat off for a while now. Don't care about pumpkins or communicating with anyone in game at this point. Just use it as comic relief. Same as DDs chasing CVs and losing because of it. 

[SIM]
Members
5,916 posts
9,444 battles

Not all pumpkins are created equal. I was in a match earlier with a PEF Pumpkin, and between my California and a friendly Roma, the three of us killed two thirds of the enemy team all by ourselves.  

Just because they announce their presence doesn’t mean that they’re any easier to sink. 

[GGWP]
Privateers
7,657 posts
18,579 battles

I've played these events both ways, I've yoloed when the win was in the bag to give out max rewards, the next event I endeavored to never die and while I can't recall exactly what my final survival rating was, it was extremely high. 

[FML]
Members
4,318 posts
16,490 battles
7 hours ago, ArmoredFrostX said:

Dude, just relax. It’s a game, and an event that gives rewards out to the community. Pumpkins are required to announce their presence at the start of battle. They are volunteers with a mixture of skill levels trying new ships.

When I was a pumpkin last year, we were all trying to win but also to die in the process - I think I had a 65% WR and a 25%  survival rate, because once the battle was won I would let the enemy kill me, deliberately not torpedobeat or dodge as much, or I’d ram them for the win etc. That way I never let down my team but still maximised rewards to the community. 

[-TRM-]
[-TRM-]
Members
4,135 posts

I dont know anything about any pumpkin. Even if I did it would just be another ship to sink. But its not going to bend over and be that easy...

[UNC]
Members
980 posts
6,587 battles

I generally like to see a pumpkin/Corgi on my team.  Most times the reds are tripping over themselves trying to sink it, leaving me free to do whatever I want to them without fear of reprisal.  And while I do appreciate WG putting in events like these, they unfortunately often do lead to some bad or unsporting play.  No fault of WG or the pumpkins themselves, just the nature of the thing. 

WRT the OP, yeah the rules say they have to announce themselves at the start of each match.  Not sure why you would complain about it anyhow.

Sign in to follow this