Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
Capt_Ahab1776

Hakuryu a shell of it's former self

7 comments in this topic

[PQUOD]
[PQUOD]
Members
4,783 posts
16,923 battles

Been trying to grind out the last two freebie unique legendary upgrades that I have. One for the Worcester and one for the Hakuryu. I've heard that the Worcester is really  not worth it but I figured it's free I'll finish it up

The Hakuryu I've not really researched it or read a lot about it. However it's free and I'm on the last stage I figured I'd go ahead and finish it out. It may just be me but I can not get the damage I used to get with this ship. It's like all games are very anemic to what it used to be able to produce. I realize T10 IJN planes are very fragile and shred easily under T10 AA compared to it's counter parts. Just I can only get half the damage and just a fraction of the BXP that I was able to get when I first got it. I remember the AP DB'rs got nerfed. Seems the rocket planes got nerfed. Maybe it's just me, but once I get this freebie upgrade finished I won't have much need for the Hak in random or CB. It can be replaced with the MVR easily.

• Cool 1

[KSC]
Members
785 posts
10,897 battles
52 minutes ago, Capt_Ahab1776 said:

Been trying to grind out the last two freebie unique legendary upgrades that I have. One for the Worcester and one for the Hakuryu. I've heard that the Worcester is really  not worth it but I figured it's free I'll finish it up

The Hakuryu I've not really researched it or read a lot about it. However it's free and I'm on the last stage I figured I'd go ahead and finish it out. It may just be me but I can not get the damage I used to get with this ship. It's like all games are very anemic to what it used to be able to produce. I realize T10 IJN planes are very fragile and shred easily under T10 AA compared to it's counter parts. Just I can only get half the damage and just a fraction of the BXP that I was able to get when I first got it. I remember the AP DB'rs got nerfed. Seems the rocket planes got nerfed. Maybe it's just me, but once I get this freebie upgrade finished I won't have much need for the Hak in random or CB. It can be replaced with the MVR easily.

Hakuryu was hit with three nerfs in fairly rapid succession.

1) After the previous Clan Battle season she was in, her AP damage was reduced.  Ultimately, Hakuryu's AP Bombs are more aimed toward Cruisers and vulnerable Battleships, while the German bombs are the heavy pen/heavy damage ones.

2) The rocket reticle change affected Tier 10 the most.  In general, the accuracy of rockets has been flared out significantly across the board.  While her rockets weren't her strongest aspect, it's still a bit hit to how she can influence maneuverable targets.

3) The AP Bomb reticle was altered.  While the bombs are functionally more accurate since the alteration that came with the pretty green/high visibility reticle, there's really a lot of fighting against muscle memory now.  For those that learned the Hak, the bombs are different, and require different play for citadeling Battleships (as in where you place your reticle and how you manipulate it).

-----

It's been a lot of change in a little timeframe.

• Cool 1

[PQUOD]
[PQUOD]
Members
4,783 posts
16,923 battles
10 hours ago, FullMetal_Inferno said:

To be honest, tier for tier I find that the T8 CVs are better off. Constantly fighting other T10s in a T10 CV is difficult for anyone

Oh me too. If I take a T10 CV that I feel the most confident in. Of what I own it is MVR all the way. My Midway, Audacious are strictly for Naval Battle stars now. My Hakuryu is for Naval Battles and just trying to finish out it’s freebie Legendary Upgrade.

Edited by Capt_Ahab1776

[PQUOD]
[PQUOD]
Members
4,783 posts
16,923 battles
10 hours ago, Ahskance said:

Hakuryu was hit with three nerfs in fairly rapid succession.

1) After the previous Clan Battle season she was in, her AP damage was reduced.  Ultimately, Hakuryu's AP Bombs are more aimed toward Cruisers and vulnerable Battleships, while the German bombs are the heavy pen/heavy damage ones.

2) The rocket reticle change affected Tier 10 the most.  In general, the accuracy of rockets has been flared out significantly across the board.  While her rockets weren't her strongest aspect, it's still a bit hit to how she can influence maneuverable targets.

3) The AP Bomb reticle was altered.  While the bombs are functionally more accurate since the alteration that came with the pretty green/high visibility reticle, there's really a lot of fighting against muscle memory now.  For those that learned the Hak, the bombs are different, and require different play for citadeling Battleships (as in where you place your reticle and how you manipulate it).

-----

It's been a lot of change in a little timeframe.

This

Out of curiosity, once a ship, any ship in game is either nerfed too hard or just simply power crept to the point it is very rarely played over a long period of time. Is buffs given only when people complain enough that the old saying “The squeaky wheel gets the grease” or data is collected in the office that shows a ship or ships is no longer being played or very rarely played?

[KSC]
Members
785 posts
10,897 battles
1 hour ago, Capt_Ahab1776 said:

This

Out of curiosity, once a ship, any ship in game is either nerfed too hard or just simply power crept to the point it is very rarely played over a long period of time. Is buffs given only when people complain enough that the old saying “The squeaky wheel gets the grease” or data is collected in the office that shows a ship or ships is no longer being played or very rarely played?

Wargaming tends to take the long view on balance issues.  Rather than seeing if it's an issue for a month, they'll give it a few months to kinda sort itself out.  If the many months show a real and lingering problem, you'll likely see some love trickle in.

• Cool 2

Members
13 posts
1,446 battles

The Hakuryu needs a buff! Ineffective against most tier ten ships and you are deplaned very quickly! My proposal is to make the reserve deck for bombers and torpedo bombers larger and make it capable of 4 torpedo runs. Basically make it a Kaga but in tier ten so that people can attack without worrying about deplaning. Or bring back the long range torps to deal damage at long ranges avoiding the ships all together! The ship is disappointing and low damage yield in tier ten or clan wars! It needs more damage.

• Cool 1

Sign in to follow this