Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
Princess_Daystar

Russian Cruisers?

Which Russian Cruiser first?  

14 members have voted

  1. 1. Which Russian Cruiser first?

    • A Nevsky
      1
    • Petro
      13

9 comments in this topic

Recommended Posts

1,617
[FOXY]
Members
3,458 posts
8,202 battles

So im currently at the Shchors and i need to decide which line to go down -first-, ill eventually get them both. Ive looked at the WIKI and cant make my mind up as both cruisers function well for how i play regardless. So which would you go for first? Explanations as to the why of your choice would be nice too, but not required of course.

 

Thank you all!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
36,710
[HINON]
Alpha Tester
26,297 posts
22,581 battles

The Petro is stronker.

<Edit> It just has obscene pen on those guns.

Edited by Lert

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,433
[UNHLY]
Members
5,390 posts
14,908 battles

Petro is stronger and more meta than Nevsky (especially in competitive). Donskoi and Riga are both fun and decently strong too, but at t8 Chapy is definitely a lot stronger and more fun than Tallinn. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Members
213 posts
6,448 battles
30 minutes ago, Lert said:

The Petro is stronker.

<Edit> It just has obscene pen on those guns.

Russian warships never fail. Especially petro. Guns are lasers that killed the dinosaurs. It wrecks bbs and everything else just as well

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Members
2,237 posts
9,842 battles

Petro is a no-brainer for competitive right now.

Can't comment on the ships leading up to her, but Chapayev is a steaming turd wreck and I enjoy Kansas more then her!
Donskoi is nice to play, if you're fine with playing paper russian ships (Ive gotten bored of em after the 5th lol)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2,482
[SR-_-]
Members
5,023 posts
46,984 battles

Sometimes, if you make it too good, it gets too boring fast. 

Take your time going up the Petro line, but bear in mind that today's OP ship is tomorrow's nerfed bote.

It's just a matter of when.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,617
[FOXY]
Members
3,458 posts
8,202 battles
15 hours ago, Lert said:

The Petro is stronker.

<Edit> It just has obscene pen on those guns.

I like pen

15 hours ago, MidnightPhoenix07 said:

Petro is stronger and more meta than Nevsky (especially in competitive). Donskoi and Riga are both fun and decently strong too, but at t8 Chapy is definitely a lot stronger and more fun than Tallinn. 

Not really considered with competitive, Ill keep that in mind for the grinds up to them as im running into annoying gameplay with the french cruisers.

14 hours ago, Concept6 said:

Russian warships never fail. Especially petro. Guns are lasers that killed the dinosaurs. It wrecks bbs and everything else just as well

This is good!

14 hours ago, Akeno017 said:

Petro is a no-brainer for competitive right now.

Can't comment on the ships leading up to her, but Chapayev is a steaming turd wreck and I enjoy Kansas more then her!
Donskoi is nice to play, if you're fine with playing paper russian ships (Ive gotten bored of em after the 5th lol)

Not worried about competitive. How do you enjoy Kansas at all? :P

i dont mind playing paper ships, unless you meant armor?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,197
[4HIM]
Members
3,427 posts
16,625 battles

Only have Nevsky, haven't yet reached Petro.  But I'd go Petro.  Nevsky seems kind of 'meh'.  Definitely doesn't seem as strong as the Moskva.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13,521
[WOLF3]
[WOLF3]
Members
32,296 posts
27,061 battles

Both are very good but if you like to play more aggressive, Petropavlovsk is much more superior with her sturdier hull and brutal AP.  But if you like to stand off and farm damage, Nevsky is more effective in that regard. She also has torpedoes, something that Petropavlovsk lacks, and it can get her some great damage if the opportunity to use them arises.  Please remember that Nevsky is nowhere near sturdy as Petropavlovsk.

 

Petro is sort of the closest we have to a "Tech Tree Super Cruiser."

Edited by HazeGrayUnderway

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Sign in to follow this  

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×