Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
thejoker767

Snoozing off during update

7 comments in this topic

[TF]
Members
43 posts
5,279 battles

Is the latest update just redownloading the whole game ? I felt like playing, but after 40 mins of updating im gonna do something else... i mean seriously ... 

[WOLF9]
Wiki Lead, Privateers
16,585 posts
4,774 battles

How big is it?  The last one I saw was 32MB.  It took about an hour to d/l and install/verify.  And I'm on nominal 200MB/sec broadband.

The BIG updates I don't see because they pre-d/l and install.  But they can't be that slow.  They'd take all month.

[WORX]
Members
14,296 posts
20,867 battles

I install in advance, I can't tell how long it takes.... As long as by Wednesday, the patch plays... I am good.

Edited by Navalpride33

[-TRM-]
[-TRM-]
Members
4,013 posts

If I had to download wows via the ethernet/Fiber its about 20 hours give or take for the whole 36gb file. Sometimes as much as 30 depending on what the computers are doing on the network.

If I paid a small fee for Tethered Cellaur Data large enough to accomodate 40 gb downloads It will be essentially fiberoptic direct. It wont take long to move it all. I think I pull about 50 mbit or more off the tower. If I have enough data cap to do it. It only takes a few seconds to pull a gig at most a minute or two. 5G is availible where I am but again they fall back to the same fiberoptic pathway to the backbone and data center (One of 9 to pick from in my area) I don't know how fast 5G can be, but I do know they operate on frequences when beefed with raw power can microwave humans on the spot in a few moments.) Its not worth it.

There is one place in the USA where radiated power for wireless etc is banned, called Green Bank WVa to protect the National Observatory tower there. Nothing newer than old analog CB and even that is monitored for violations inside a certain distance from the tower. Locally in that closed space is still 1970 living. Unless you are strictly on ethernet to a approved internet source.

Your modern computer supported vehicles today are also considered a threat to the Observatory just by driving past.

Edited by xHeavy

Sign in to follow this