You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
__Riptide_

Can't see shells nor enemy ships

16 comments in this topic

[NOKAP]
Members
64 posts
5,829 battles

Had about 6 games like this today: all of a sudden you can't see yours or the enemies' shells, and then the enemy ships disappear, not dropping off concealment, the ship itself disappears, but you can still the username, ship name and hp, btw the hp bar doesn't even change, so I pretty much didn't know how much hp I had left anytime...… until you get sunk and your hp still shows 25k. Your ship's icon doesn't even move on the minimap, nor does the enemy ships' when you are moving, happens every 2/3 games.

Anyone else having these problems?

• Cool 4
  • Thanks 1

[YIKES]
Members
237 posts
5,883 battles
26 minutes ago, __Riptide_ said:

Had about 6 games like this today: all of a sudden you can't see yours or the enemies' shells, and then the enemy ships disappear, not dropping off concealment, the ship itself disappears, but you can still the username, ship name and hp, btw the hp bar doesn't even change, so I pretty much didn't know how much hp I had left anytime...… until you get sunk and your hp still shows 25k. Your ship's icon doesn't even move on the minimap, nor does the enemy ships' when you are moving, happens every 2/3 games.

I was there to witness it. 

We still won most of our battles though

Capture.PNG.c79c76f7824b2f89e3d76593eda5b86f.PNG

• Cool 1

[HINON]
Alpha Tester
24,703 posts
19,886 battles

Gonna need a replay of this. Not saying it didn't happen, just saying it'd be a lot easier to diagnose for WG support with an example of it happening they can analyze.

[WOLF7]
Members
12,601 posts
1 hour ago, Lert said:

Gonna need a replay of this. Not saying it didn't happen, just saying it'd be a lot easier to diagnose for WG support with an example of it happening they can analyze.

A replay won't show it. When this happened years ago, it was only documented because it happened in a live stream of one of the streamers.

A replay is simply a data file, it will show ships in the replay, it won't reproduce a rendering issue.

• Thanks 1

[HINON]
Alpha Tester
24,703 posts
19,886 battles
1 minute ago, awiggin said:

A replay won't show it. When this happened years ago, it was only documented because it happened in a live stream of one of the streamers.

A replay is simply a data file, it will show ships in the replay, it won't reproduce a rendering issue.

True.

Weird bug anyways. Not believing it doesn't happen, just never had it happen myself.

[KIA-T]
Members
2,237 posts
9,838 battles
2 minutes ago, Lert said:

True.

Weird bug anyways. Not believing it doesn't happen, just never had it happen myself.

Had it happen before.

This is a really old one, like before we had more then 2 tech trees in the game type old.
Very surprised you haven't had it. Aren't black cats mean't to be more unlucky then lucky? :p

[HINON]
Alpha Tester
24,703 posts
19,886 battles
1 minute ago, Akeno017 said:

Very surprised you haven't had it. Aren't black cats mean't to be more unlucky then lucky? :p

Common misconception. We cause bad luck for others, not ourselves.

[KIA-T]
Members
2,237 posts
9,838 battles
11 minutes ago, Lert said:

Common misconception. We cause bad luck for others, not ourselves.

Is this a suggestion never to division up with you for fear of bad games?

Maybe we should weaponise it, utilise a bad luck ray gun..

[FOXEH]
Banned
14,364 posts
19,991 battles
32 minutes ago, Lert said:

We cause bad luck for others, not ourselves.

Have you SEEN that avatar pic in the upper left corner?

[DEV_X]
Alpha Tester
2,475 posts
24,798 battles

I'm having a lot of graphics issues myself. Like dropping from 50 to 60 FPS to 28-34. I've also found that once I die and end up as a spectator it jumps back to normal. I even adjusted the settings the very low to see what happens and the FPS is at 40 but plays more like 10 to 20 at most. However, if I die and end up in spectator I jump to 75 to 80 FPS at the low setting. 

I've also had ships not render but I can see the name tag and the ships railings and smokes but the ship isnt there. I've frozen on the minimap as well despite moving. Some ships have frozen in game while others continue to move. My Laptop is old, almost 9 years now but I've never had this problem until the update.

• Cool 1

[WOLF9]
Privateers
14,831 posts
4,733 battles

When I've seen something like this, it seems to be a connect issue, with ping and FPS all over the place.  I recommend the Pingometer mod to make those values bigger and readable.  Otherwise reboot?  (And of course run WGCheck before installing mods.)

[ASHIP]
Members
226 posts
12,170 battles
3 hours ago, __Riptide_ said:

Happened to me twice. Yeah. And some sort of lag not indicated by the counter.

[Y0L0W]
Members
573 posts
18,551 battles

I’ve put out a ticket to WG this issue. I’m pretty sure it’s known to them at this point. Some kind of bug or issue with the patch. Hopefully there’s a hotfix before the next patch. 

[TRETA]
Members
224 posts
21,663 battles

Im pretty sure its a high server load due to the new game mode, maybe the huge amount of torpedos. Hope its fixed soon becouse its unplayable here.

Edited by Elessar_warrior