You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
Sir_Davos_Seaworth

I didn't do my video game homework...

19 comments in this topic

[BBICT]
Members
3,883 posts
4,243 battles

....ban me.

My will to play has left me. I'm not mad at anyone or anything. But I just can't. Bad teams. Bad ships that are not Russian. Do ya'all think we don't notice when a salvo that should demolish ANY OTHER ship ends up in the water when you aim at a russian ship and need a cluch shot...and it doesn't happen. RNG? Really? Or magic? Trick or Treat? Wutever.

I just cant. I can't make myself log on anymore. It feels like work. I don't need anymore. I've had $70 in game money sitting...and sitting...and sitting...since July. Why buy anything? I'll just get my @$$ kicked.

Yeah, I need a break. A very long break. Like Blibo Baggins break. Maybe after the first of the year.

Happy Halloween everyone...really, not joking.

• Cool 3
  • Sad 1
  • Boring 4
  • Meh 1

[KWF]
Members
4,888 posts
6,590 battles

Been in a similar position, am close to a month away from the game as it started to feel like a chore. I want to playing WoWs to give me joy, not a sigh on the upcoming  task of another grind/event that saps my will to play. Anyway, I know early burnout when I see one, might stay away till December holidays. Suggest you do the same and at least pop by for the easy snowflake freebies.

Edited by warheart1992
  • Cool 2

[JHF]
[JHF]
Members
174 posts
4,957 battles

Play a few rounds of world of tanks.  You will come back to this game on your knees apologizing. 

• Funny 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

[YIKES]
Members
231 posts
5,835 battles
12 minutes ago, wooserloop said:

Play a few rounds of world of tanks.  You will come back to this game on your knees apologizing. 

World of Tanks is very metalic. :-)

Members
4,354 posts
4,615 battles

We all need a break every now and then. Until then, take care of yourself and see you out there. 

[-TRM-]
[-TRM-]
Members
1,289 posts
4,905 battles

Take time for yourself.

Ive been known to a few times in life on anything that has become a liability in some form.

The people in any game over the years generally use what works. Discard the rest. I remember the M60 in the Battlefield and DFLW games. People hate the thing because it shoots so slowly. pop pop pop pop...

However when forced to the ground or behind hard cover to wait a while I have plenty of rounds left in that belt and can wait also.

The one thing I do first before anything in Wows is assess the threat situation. If I see baa baa black sheep air strike coming with 50 plus rocket jets being detected at that point is meaningless. Everyone in range of you will shoot on you if you keep going straight. So don't For everything else rely on good airdefense and if necessary run and hide under the hull of someone with good airdefense. Then decide what you are going to do now. Whatever you had planned is now no good. Out the window.

Edited by xHeavy

[RLGN]
Members
14,847 posts
26,354 battles
2 hours ago, wooserloop said:

It is about time for my annual five rounds of ‘whatever’ in my KV-1...

...maybe one day I’ll finally use up all my gold, and won’t have any reason to play it any more.

Edited by Estimated_Prophet

[BBICT]
Members
3,883 posts
4,243 battles
3 hours ago, wooserloop said:

3 hours ago, CHAOS_in_the_N1GHT said:

World of Tanks is very metalic. :-)

This may sound stupid, but I really wanted to like Tanks. I did the grind to two tier 8s....and again, I just hit a wall and kicked it off my machine. So many bad mechanics in Tanks, all of which cause people to become toxic, which leads to more toxic crap, and now it feeds on itself. The same tone deaf company is doing some really silly things in this game IMO, but yeah, its not Tanks...yet. So I'll take a break...looks like I'll be working like a dog for the "holidays" anyway. :/

Good luck everyone. :)

• Cool 2

[SAINT]
[SAINT]
Members
1,445 posts
17,701 battles
5 hours ago, Sir_Davos_Seaworth said:

....ban me.

My will to play has left me. I'm not mad at anyone or anything. But I just can't. Bad teams. Bad ships that are not Russian. Do ya'all think we don't notice when a salvo that should demolish ANY OTHER ship ends up in the water when you aim at a russian ship and need a cluch shot...and it doesn't happen. RNG? Really? Or magic? Trick or Treat? Wutever.

I just cant. I can't make myself log on anymore. It feels like work. I don't need anymore. I've had $70 in game money sitting...and sitting...and sitting...since July. Why buy anything? I'll just get my @$$ kicked.

Yeah, I need a break. A very long break. Like Blibo Baggins break. Maybe after the first of the year.

When I get like this I either take a break or go to my one of my happy ships. Right now it's the Mikasa. Win or lose I just laugh at the ridiculousness of the ship through the match enjoying myself . After one or two games I head back into the higher tiers again more relaxed. If I'm getting beat up when uptiered I'll drop back down and dust off the Cesare, pop in Samsonetti, and play a few matches; it's always fun regardless if high tier or low tier. 

Also if you have $70 bucks laying around buy yourself something. Buying things I don't need, but would like to have, always makes me feel better. 

Regardless, good luck and Happy Halloween!

30 Hilarious Memes about Halloween #Halloween #memes | Dog halloween  costumes, Dog halloween, Funny dogs

• Cool 1

[-H-]
Members
203 posts
6,448 battles
6 hours ago, Sir_Davos_Seaworth said:

....ban me.

Join the group. No seriously I've been here since beta, its gotten absolutely unplayable.  While I check in here from time to time to read the updates, I think I've reached my limit to nonsense. I went a month straight, playing 3 to 4 total per week. Losing every single match in a complete one sided blow out regardless of ship category or tier. Thats beyond frustrating and there is no fun to be had in that.

• Cool 1

[-H-]
Members
203 posts
6,448 battles
18 minutes ago, Jolly_Rodgered said:

Also if you have $70 bucks laying around buy yourself something. Buying things I don't need, but would like to have, always makes me feel better.

Actually I've done this now for the past few months. The money I used to spend on dubloons ships etc, I've put to use getting out and about even during this shut down pandemic. I've actually been much more happy and I'd suggest to many others to do the same. Get away from the computer screen for awhile. 

[WOLF1]
Members
5,763 posts

If you aren't having fun, play something else for a while.  A while could be a week or a couple years.  Only you know the answer to that.

The worst thing you can do is keep playing if you're not enjoying it.  That is bad for you, and everyone else around you.

Edited by Kesh_Lives
  • Cool 1

[0456]
Members
3,822 posts
10,091 battles
15 hours ago, Sir_Davos_Seaworth said:

....ban me.

You probably don’t actually care about this and just want to announce to everyone that you need a break but if you’re talking “clutch shots” against Russian ships one of the unique commanders has a special ability (kuznetsov) when his ship is at 10% health dispersion of incoming rounds increases 20% for 30 seconsds. 

Would probably frustrate me too if I didn’t know about it... but to the point of throwing a hissy fit and stomping out with my arms crossed?

Yeah- probably.

Knowing the player burned 175k coal on Kuznetsov softens the blow somewhat. 

Take a break... my last one was almost a year and I came back and am enjoying the game again- Mostly. 

Edited by _ENO_

[BBICT]
Members
3,883 posts
4,243 battles

Thanks guys...not joking. Nice to know I'm not in this boat by myself. (pun intended) 

That $70 is already "gone" as my family bought me doubloones for various holidays...yeah, I'm "that guy" to buy for, so they grab a Karma Coin at the checkout, lol. 

I have a coupon and everything...but I can't pull the trigger on anything. (yet another intended pun) I look at something like the Hood in all her glory...and know I would get HE spammed to death and rage quit, so why bother? I'd just as soon go read (Game of Thrones for the fourth time) or take a nap, lol. 

Oh well...I quit for a year, maybe I need another one...

• Cool 2

[-H-]
Members
203 posts
6,448 battles

Walk away. I have Hood and its as bad as all the reviews said it was. That goes doubly so now in the current meta where its been power crept into oblivion and t6 CVs target you at will. The last time i brought it out was for a week straight, just to make sure. Yep, I was. Save your money, save your sanity, take a break.

Edited by Concept6

[DVYJC]
Members
3,549 posts
8,098 battles

I have a couple ships that I'm good in and really enjoy playing. When I get sick of the game, I log on and do dailies in just those ships, then I go do something else.

Edited by RainbowFartingUnicorn

Members
398 posts
16,071 battles
18 hours ago, Sir_Davos_Seaworth said:

Thanks guys...not joking. Nice to know I'm not in this boat by myself. (pun intended) 

That $70 is already "gone" as my family bought me doubloones for various holidays...yeah, I'm "that guy" to buy for, so they grab a Karma Coin at the checkout, lol. 

I have a coupon and everything...but I can't pull the trigger on anything. (yet another intended pun) I look at something like the Hood in all her glory...and know I would get HE spammed to death and rage quit, so why bother? I'd just as soon go read (Game of Thrones for the fourth time) or take a nap, lol. 

Oh well...I quit for a year, maybe I need another one...

I share your pain. I burnt out 18 months ago. Dropped from 15-20 randoms a day to 5 a month.

Tried other games, came back 3 months later and did operations and that was good. 

Started playing coop (52%Random WR so no difficulty there) that was not super exciting but I was trying to learn the exact vulnerable points on certain ships. 

I don't think CVs belong in randoms so I refuse to play them there (rock, paper, scissors, gun) but they are a real challenge to play in coop.  

Don't spend any money when your head is not into the game.