Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
DeletedUser

Duplicate thread, plz delete.

6 comments in this topic

[ICBM]
Members
0 posts

Yeah.  I can hardly see the ships during a thunderstorm.  Makes aiming really hard.  If there is a setting to mitigate this id be interested in knowing about it.  If the difficulty with seeing is a feature then ill just deal with it.  Thx for replies. 

Edited by mrieder79

Members
854 posts
1,261 battles
9 minutes ago, mrieder79 said:

If the difficulty with seeing is a feature then ill just deal with it.

Correct, you should not be able to see well in a storm. Take Leyte Gulf as an example.

• Cool 1

[HKC]
Members
644 posts
2 hours ago, mrieder79 said:

Yeah.  I can hardly see the ships during a thunderstorm.  Makes aiming really hard.  If there is a setting to mitigate this id be interested in knowing about it.  If the difficulty with seeing is a feature then ill just deal with it.  Thx for replies. 

Avoid the game until the drop thunderstorms.  Weather maps suck.

[-TRM-]
[-TRM-]
Members
1,323 posts
4,906 battles

I think the shooting is fairly good visually in storms in certain situations in game.

I look for certain cues before I set and shoot on a ship that is blended into the distance.. example bow wave and forward gun bloom. Thats enough for me to fine tune off the mini map and distance shown near the shot placement marker.

I also use a dymamic sight with certain numbers placed against either the target bridge or the bow itself. (If its in excess of 42 knots such as the french DD combined with your own motion and speed I don't need much. If its really thick I'll shoot on a known distance say 12.44 km and drop .10 every 5th heartbeat give or take. Shooting accuracy is not that great but works well enough for the time when you do get close enough to make it a kill.

If things are really horrible I'll shoot on the ship icon off the minimap. Or leave it and shift to the next valid target. And keep a mental track updated as time goes by.

Sign in to follow this