You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
derzwerge

Can you fix for once MM and stop giving us "parasite" teams?

81 comments in this topic

Members
226 posts
12,801 battles

Plenty players with the same complain, series of losses over and over. If you can not get WG developers to work, at least give a nice bonus for ending up first, second or even third place in the losing team. 

• Cool 8
  • Haha 1
  • Boring 6
  • Meh 5

[HINON]
Alpha Tester
26,265 posts
22,545 battles

First loser is still a loser.

• Cool 5
  • Funny 2
  • Haha 2
  • Meh 2

[WORX]
Members
14,361 posts
20,908 battles

A losing team is a losing team... Sugarcoating  a lose to make you feel good, goes against the laws of natural selection...

Niet.

• Cool 1
  • Meh 1

[WOLF3]
[WOLF3]
Members
32,215 posts
26,997 battles

It's kind of weird to ask for better teams when the majority of the player base isn't good at all.

I also think it a bad idea to implement a system where players are setup to succeed or fail artificially.

In other words:  Carry harder.

• Cool 1

Members
1,701 posts
2,065 battles
3 minutes ago, HazeGrayUnderway said:

In other words:  Carry harder.

2020-09-01.thumb.png.0349eff7e2264b953096da1dc2aca52d.pngOhhh...sorry I thought you said carrier harder.

Edited by black_hull4
  • Funny 2
  • Haha 2

[HINON]
Alpha Tester
26,265 posts
22,545 battles

What gets me is that when people lose it's "all MMs fault" and when they win it suddenly isn't anymore, it's because they played well, they carried, blah blah. I've never heard anyone blame MM for winning streaks.

• Cool 7
  • Meh 1

Members
2,237 posts
9,842 battles
46 minutes ago, Lert said:

I've never heard anyone blame MM for winning streaks.

I'm gunna start doing this.

It'll drive the mm complainers mad and that gives me such joy to consider.

• Haha 1

[GT99]
Members
817 posts
14,036 battles

Participation trophies for everybody.......

EDIT: Also forgot to mention, the losing team should not get any earnings at all. If you are not making silver, you cannot play. How about that?

Edited by T1mb3rWo1f
  • Cool 1
  • Meh 2

[B2P]
Members
13,459 posts
40,277 battles
1 hour ago, Lert said:

What gets me is that when people lose it's "all MMs fault" and when they win it suddenly isn't anymore, it's because they played well, they carried, blah blah. I've never heard anyone blame MM for winning streaks.

People have. I have, right here in these forums... said something like "we got collapse teams and luckily for me all were on red." Won 6 in a row at one point yesterday and most the time the morons were on the other teams. A couple of those were tough, interesting battles....

Members
383 posts
11,896 battles
2 hours ago, derzwerge said:

Plenty players with the same complain, series of losses over and over. If you can not get WG developers to work, at least give a nice bonus for ending up first, second or even third place in the losing team. 

Let's give everyone a Participation camo so no feelings are hurt!

• Haha 2
  • Meh 1

[FOXEH]
Banned
14,364 posts
21,648 battles
3 hours ago, derzwerge said:

Plenty players with the same complain

Well, then .... guess you're just one of the boyz, huh?!?!?

[-TRM-]
[-TRM-]
Members
4,090 posts
1 hour ago, T1mb3rWo1f said:

Participation trophies for everybody.......

EDIT: Also forgot to mention, the losing team should not get any earnings at all. If you are not making silver, you cannot play. How about that?

Yes indeed credits are the ultimately decider if someone can continue as they have before when they are out of credits.

All of my games are driven by a selected ship being able to bring in credits at a positive rate, Ranked in particular. Win and loss is not important.

[GGBOY]
Members
386 posts
1,619 battles
3 hours ago, Lert said:

I did get lucky, I saw a pumpkin today and went all loose to kill it. I re-lived "The Charge of the Light Brigade" and murdered it.

I was like third one killed on my team, but MM gave me some good players and we won. :-)

Played half of today (ik, I decided to get entertainment after long week of work) and won every battle today except one.

A quarter of those battles I potatoed but still won. Half of the battles me and most of my teammates tried our best. The last quarter I carried. MM was responsible for most of my battles today, if I was honest

Edited by CHAOS_in_the_N1GHT

[0456]
Members
3,824 posts
10,091 battles
3 hours ago, Navalpride33 said:

A losing team is a losing team... Sugarcoating  a lose to make you feel good, goes against the laws of natural selection...

Niet.

Except in ranked apparently. 

• Cool 1

[WORX]
Members
14,361 posts
20,908 battles
Just now, _ENO_ said:

Except in ranked apparently. 

One of the reasons I dont partake in Rank.. Not my cup of tea... :cap_horn:

[--K--]
[--K--]
Alpha Tester, In AlfaTesters
2,918 posts
10,625 battles

MM isn't broken, what you're seeing is the product of long term failing of WG which can be attributed to three major factors:

1.  A progression system in place that does not incentivize the learning of mechanics in order to actually climb the tiers;

2.  A utter failure of teaching their playerbase how to play their own game, relying on the player to entirely make the extra steps to seek out knowledge.

3.  A payout system that incentivizes damage above all else.  Damage =/= Playing to Win.  While one can lead to the other, this is hardly the truth of how to bring oneself to beyond 50 WR.

In the end, this will not change.  Pile on the driving away of a huge portion of its skilled playerbase due to Carriers (And no, It doesn't matter if you think CVs are balanced because at the end of the day it did kill off a large portion of talented players that used to make core gameplay loops of matches possible) on top of all this and you have what you see now:  Near rock-bottom levels of player skill and intelligence.  

It will only continue to get worse, by the way.  There are no systems in place to recover such a problem, much less is it even considered a problem by WG.  Welcome to the old phrase:  You reap what you sow.

And you can't fully blame players either-- They are only rewarded with damage, never forced to learn anything, and aren't given the tools to learn without having to dig for it.  So, while these points I've made will fall onto deaf ears the truth will continue to plague the game on MM woes, which are really just systemic playerbase skill deficiency caused by WG's actions or lack thereof.  

• Cool 1
  • Thanks 7

[TARK]
Members
7,331 posts
3,408 battles
3 hours ago, Lert said:

I have, and even posted about it on the forum...

...but that doesnt fit the narrative, as fun as the narrative can be.

• Meh 1

[HINON]
Alpha Tester
26,265 posts
22,545 battles
2 minutes ago, Daniel_Allan_Clark said:

It's still a very rare thing. Generally people tend to treat success as something they did and failure as outside influences. That's just human nature.

3 minutes ago, Daniel_Allan_Clark said:

Narratives can be very amusing, especially the common ones which get repeated very often but don't really stand up to scrutiny very well.

• Thanks 1

Members
226 posts
12,801 battles
4 minutes ago, Daniel_Allan_Clark said:

Uhh no. Thats not my point, thats not what i intend.

You see, there are some people who have to work, they dont have the entire day to play multiple matches and really want to have fun and get nice XP and credits to progress in techtree lines, which is not my case. But considering that, and obviously if there is a row of loses and you end up first over and over again is not an "excuse". Perhaps you want me to lecture you about basic statistics. 

So again, not even asking for MM to be fixed, less from a guy with 2500+- "battles" played, but to reward the effort and skill of those who have to carry over and over again.

You feel free to play the WG bootlicker all you want, but there are plenty of people pissed. Progress is based in criticism, if you are "argumentless" and feel forced to post here cuz WG gives you something free please "carry on" ;)

shot-20.10.31_20.30.59-0721.jpg

• Cool 1