You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
STINKWEED_

The Big Hunt - How to Deal With TK Traitors

21 comments in this topic

[-VCW-]
Members
3,332 posts
16,609 battles

It's near the beginning of the game, I'm minding my own business and all of a sudden a ship starts firing at me so I return fire. He then invites me to join him in a division and I accept. As soon as I turn my ship away from him he decides to take advantage and attack me and then tries to ram my ship. So this is how I handled it.
Enjoy

• Cool 1
  • Funny 3
  • Boring 2
  • Meh 1

[YIKES]
Members
239 posts
5,901 battles

Holy Batman

[-TRM-]
[-TRM-]
Members
1,368 posts
4,912 battles

He wont be making that mistake twice in fact he will learn to install that same module and use it later against someone else who probably has not learned about that yet.

In addition, anyone who shoots on you is not friendly. So the invitation is nonsequitor. Apply firepower until sunk.

Edited by xHeavy

[WOLF9]
Privateers
14,833 posts
4,733 battles
4 hours ago, STINKWEED_ said:

So this is how I handled it.

A great use of consumables.  Nothing quite so satisfying as TKing a traitorous Div mate.  :-)

[WOLFG]
Members
30,718 posts
9,292 battles

1 hour ago, xHeavy said:

In addition, anyone who shoots on you is not friendly. So the invitation is nonsequitor. Apply firepower until sunk.

To be fair though, if you don't think to turn them off, secondaries will shoot at other yellow or red players automatically.

• Cool 1

[WOLF9]
Members
4,648 posts
2 hours ago, Skpstr said:

To be fair though, if you don't think to turn them off, secondaries will shoot at other yellow or red players automatically.

Yeah, I noticed that today.  "Why the hell are my secondaries shooting at my division mate???"   He actually started shooting back.

Oh well,   I tried it once (the new mode)  didn't like it, won't play it again.

And WG, is it REALLY necessary to put the division invitations right up in my face- where they block my vision of everything else???    Too much of the screen is covered up as it is, with all the extra sidebars, etc.

[WOLFG]
Members
30,718 posts
9,292 battles
32 minutes ago, Fletcher7_1944 said:

Yeah, I noticed that today.  "Why the hell are my secondaries shooting at my division mate???"   He actually started shooting back.

Lol I just assumed they wouldn't shoot div mates. 

The one game I played in a div, we must not have gotten close enough for them to fire.

[WOLFG]
Members
632 posts
13,877 battles

Someone did that to me in the last game I played before I abandoned the mode. I was in the Gale. He didn't last 10 seconds, lol.

• Cool 1

Members
1,627 posts
1,286 battles
4 hours ago, Colonel_Potter said:

Someone did that to me in the last game I played before I abandoned the mode. I was in the Gale. He didn't last 10 seconds, lol.

because almost everyone runs that same damage immunity mod that OP is, I fine the gale to be pretty useless.

[WOLFG]
Members
632 posts
13,877 battles
1 hour ago, USS_Taylor_Swift said:

because almost everyone runs that same damage immunity mod that OP is, I fine the gale to be pretty useless.

I haven't played since the first day before anyone really had any of the mods unlocked. Mode is fun, but the lack of rewards such as xp and so on turned me off from the mode. Haven't played since the first day Key Battles were released. Cashed what tokens I earned for credits and have ignored it since.

[-VCW-]
Members
3,332 posts
16,609 battles
19 hours ago, H0bbes78 said:

What was that module you used at the end?

It's the Harpy Special Module for the Valkyrie 

[HINON]
[HINON]
Members
8,293 posts
12,188 battles

so, the way to deal with them is to kill them?

2b80aa.jpg

and yes, every bit of sarcasm is meant here