Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
WarStore

WG should just make you skip to tier 6 when starting a new line

13 comments in this topic

[PHD]
Members
815 posts
5,717 battles

Cuz low tiers are atrocious. Incredibly boring and with low population to make it even worse. These awful tiers are the main reason I think 10 times before starting a new line. 

[APEZ]
Members
2,516 posts
8,803 battles

Ive never converted FXP and have had enough to skip every line to 5 or 6, as well as grabbin Alaska , Agïr and Nelson.

• Cool 1

[BBICT]
Members
3,883 posts
4,243 battles

Well...in Tanks they used to give you a coupon to skip to Tier 6. No idea if they still do it....Maybe its a good idea?

[RLGN]
Members
14,843 posts
26,354 battles
9 minutes ago, Sir_Davos_Seaworth said:

Well...in Tanks they used to give you a coupon to skip to Tier 6. No idea if they still do it....Maybe its a good idea?

No.

It isn’t.

Playing through the line teaches you how to PLAY the line.

But maybe I’m just a WoWs geezer (09/2015) who doesn’t understand the ‘gotta do everything fast’ mentality.

Edited by Estimated_Prophet

[BBICT]
Members
3,883 posts
4,243 battles
3 minutes ago, Estimated_Prophet said:

No.

It isn’t.

Playing through the line teaches you how to PLAY the line.

But maybe I’m just a WoWs geezer (09/2015) who doesn’t understand the ‘gotta do everything fast’ mentality.

Okay, but after a point, it just becomes yet ANOTHER grind. Why put yourself through that? Not saying your wrong, but I have to ask: "Why?"

[FOXY]
Members
1,104 posts
5,360 battles
Just now, Sir_Davos_Seaworth said:

Okay, but after a point, it just becomes yet ANOTHER grind. Why put yourself through that? Not saying your wrong, but I have to ask: "Why?"

I mean Ive skipped to tier 5 in just about every line after the first 3 i did just because i had the free exp laying around, doesnt seem that hard to get free exp in this game, compared to WOT. 

[RLGN]
Members
14,843 posts
26,354 battles
38 minutes ago, Sir_Davos_Seaworth said:

Outside not wasting fxp, and building up your reserves of credits and fxp?

I play how I care to now because I’ve (mostly) never skipped anything. Every ship always gets at least 5 PvP and 5 PvE games, which is often enough to proceed to the next tier up to tier 5.

Playing all those lower tier game means I’ve never wanted for credits and fxp like some have complained about; literally to the point I don’t care if I lose credits in a high tier game, (I usually don’t anyway.)

I think I’ve skipped more high tier ships than low tier ships, in order to get anniversary and x-flake Tier 10 items. Even then, most of the ships I skipped have since been given my 5+5 treatment, if I haven’t actually played them more.

Having all the fxp and credits I had during my last great splurge meant about 225mil credits and 2.3mil fxp spent, and I didn’t care.

[WPORT]
Members
6,528 posts
11,535 battles

I like low-tier game play.
People try all sorts of stuff.  Some of it even works.  :-)

The basics of how to play well are developed in the low tiers.
Aiming one's guns.  Setting-up a torpedo attack.  Evasive maneuvers and angling to reduce one's target profile and best utilize a ship's available armor.  Gaining positional advantages, and etc.

[WOLFG]
Members
30,567 posts
9,216 battles
4 hours ago, why_u_heff_to_be_mad said:

Ive never converted FXP and have had enough to skip every line to 5 or 6, as well as grabbin Alaska , Agïr and Nelson.

Similar for me, I always start at T5, but I don't have Alaska lol.

[WOLFG]
Members
30,567 posts
9,216 battles
48 minutes ago, Spirit_of_76 said:

People skipping straight to five or six is why most players suck.

Depends.

If you've already been up a couple or so lines, it's fine. You already (supposedly anyway) have a clue how to play, it's just a matter of tuning your gameplay to the new "flavor".

But yeah, first couple times, you should start at the bottom and play your way up, especially if you do a new ship type.

• Cool 1

[NG-NL]
Members
335 posts
9,767 battles

I enjoy lower tiers quite a lot. I wish the daily missions included lower than tier 5.

If someone doesn't enjoy them, then yeah, I guess you'd want to skip them. That's cool. Play what you like. Those of us who don't enjoy exactly the same things you enjoy, well, we're playing too.

Sign in to follow this