You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
AkiyamaSaneyuki_2017

Can we have a tier 12 and put Harufkinggumo in it?

29 comments in this topic

Members
561 posts
2,178 battles

I finally had it.

I tried to hunt it down using Zao. The little turd first spammed me behind an island , and after waiting my dispensing all my torps, actually ran towards me and torped me.

IT's just [edited].

I thought tier X is going to be fun, not crazy.

Also what kind of DD has a range of 13 km?

• Funny 3
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1
  • Boring 1
  • Meh 2

[DPG]
Members
2,030 posts
10,723 battles

With the way MM works in this game you'd still see Harugumo at tier 10.  This time it would be 2 tiers higher with all the benefits that entail.

[WOLFG]
Members
30,652 posts
9,264 battles
21 minutes ago, AkiyamaSaneyuki_2017 said:

I finally had it.

I tried to hunt it down using Zao. The little turd first spammed me behind an island , and after waiting my dispensing all my torps, actually ran towards me and torped me.

Why didn't you blap him with your guns? Don't tell me you tried to CQB with a DD after your torps were gone.

21 minutes ago, AkiyamaSaneyuki_2017 said:

French and Russian, for starters. And that's with only equipment upgrades.

[HINON]
Alpha Tester
24,690 posts
19,844 battles

You're a bit behind the times. Smolensk is the big bad evil OP ship now.

• Funny 1
  • Haha 1

[BOTO]
Members
1,357 posts
16,544 battles
1 hour ago, AkiyamaSaneyuki_2017 said:

I finally had it.

IT's just [edited].

Something's wrong if he's detected and you're not blapping him, Zao eats DDs for lunch.

[KIA-T]
Members
2,237 posts
9,838 battles

13km is a lowball for T10 gunboat DDs.

[-K-]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
7,300 posts
9,645 battles

PEBCAK

• Cool 2

[SPTR]
Members
27,186 posts
16,907 battles

We all gotta vent out being outplayed but doing it in public to make a fool of ourselves is pure comedy for the rest of our beloved community. speaking about high rof ships, you wouldn't want to encounter a colbert minotaur division

Edited by Rolkatsuki

[IMP]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
311 posts
5,372 battles

13 km is nothing for some DDs, with a proper set up Harugumo can reach 17 km of pure steel rain.

[-A-8-]
Members
508 posts
20,533 battles
2 hours ago, AkiyamaSaneyuki_2017 said:

I finally had it.

IT's just [edited].

I have questions.....

If you were being spammed from cover, why didn't you move out of range?

As a cruiser, why did you try torping a DD instead of using those things strapped to the deck called guns to shoot it?

When he started to charge you, why did you carry on sailing towards him rather than try to make evasive manoeuvres?

[GRAVE]
Members
1,359 posts
19,493 battles
3 hours ago, AkiyamaSaneyuki_2017 said:

T8-10 DDs that can hit 13km without AFT or range mod (12.7 is close enough): Kleber (13.6), Mogador (12.8), Tashkent (12.7), Daring (12.8), upcoming R-10  (12.7)and Vampire II (13.5)

T8-10 DDs that hit 13km with AFT or range mod: Khaba, Marceau, Grozovoi, Friesland, Smaland, Kitakaze, Haragumo, Aki, Z-52,  Le Terrible, Le Fantasque, Fletcher, Gearing, Shima, Somers, upcoming Fen Yang. 

Granted you'd almost never build guns on Shima or Somers, while Fletcher, Gearing, and Daring shouldn't use AFT because their shells become useless to hit anything but a BB past 9km, similar story with Friesland and Smaland, while AFT is also mandatory on Khaba due to her not having range mod and 11.6km range, and Marceau due to again limited 11.6km range, and Z-52, Aki and Kitakaze might be too hungry on captain skills to take AFT, as they actually have some stealth and agility, unlike Haragumo which doesn't have much of either, so Haragumo could forgo CE

[TRU]
Members
695 posts
20,122 battles

Sorry OP, you just got outplayed.  Focus on DDs with guns and save your torps in case you have a close encounter.  The Zao can crush DDs in a couple salvos.  

I've learned in any high tier game to respect islands that could be humped.  Unless you like a BBQ.

[-N-]
Members
2,227 posts
14,831 battles
6 hours ago, AkiyamaSaneyuki_2017 said:

I finally had it.

IT's just [edited].

Zao is a great ship for hunting DDs.  Put a captain with RPF and Hydro on the bote you are a DDs nightmare.  Your fast (35-36 knots with a speed flag.)  As fast as a gumo without speed boost.  You just go out played on this.

[WOLFG]
Members
30,652 posts
9,264 battles
4 hours ago, tfcas119 said:

T8-10 DDs that can hit 13km without AFT or range mod (12.7 is close enough): Kleber (13.6), Mogador (12.8), Tashkent (12.7), Daring (12.8), upcoming R-10  (12.7)and Vampire II (13.5)

T8-10 DDs that hit 13km with AFT or range mod: Khaba, Marceau, Grozovoi, Friesland, Smaland, Kitakaze, Haragumo, Aki, Z-52,  Le Terrible, Le Fantasque, Fletcher, Gearing, Shima, Somers, upcoming Fen Yang. 

You forgot Kiev and Tashkent.

Also, in T7, Minsk. And Vauquelin hits 13km with no mods.

[WOLFG]
Members
30,652 posts
9,264 battles
10 minutes ago, tfcas119 said:

no I didn't

Even Gnevny just hits 13 with AFT.

[A-I-M]
Members
3,524 posts
23,249 battles
8 hours ago, RipNuN2 said:

Translation: I got outplayed so it must be OP.

Hes Right You Know GIFs | Tenor

Members
294 posts
3,450 battles

You should run some type of Radar ship with RPF and SI to gank those busted and annoying IJN gunboats

I got my first radar ship and it works pretty sweet even if I am a greenhorn DD skipper that cant hit the broadside of a barn with torps\

You should max stealth too so you can surface detect them and watch them get blapped going for cap, what are they gonna do hydro or radar you? lol

Edited by TaxDollarsAtWork

Members
561 posts
2,178 battles
4 hours ago, GrimmeReaper said:

Zao is a great ship for hunting DDs.  Put a captain with RPF and Hydro on the bote you are a DDs nightmare.  Your fast (35-36 knots with a speed flag.)  As fast as a gumo without speed boost.  You just go out played on this.

Didn't go with hydro, AA buffs to counter profoundly broken CV game mechanics.

[TIMT]
Members
950 posts
4,172 battles
11 hours ago, AkiyamaSaneyuki_2017 said:

T7 Vauquelin already has that, without range mod or AFT. So, a lot of the gunboat DDs have long range or can at least spec for it.

Members
671 posts
72 battles
20 hours ago, AkiyamaSaneyuki_2017 said:

I finally had it.

IT's just [edited].

First thing, Harugumo is more a mini-Smolensk then a DD, second Zao shouldn't try and hunt down it .... ever!! T10 is crazy A-F but Haru has very little to do with it, its the least of most players problem. Things like OP broken Russian cruises/BBs, ALL CVs, British BBs HE, Smolensks, etc etc is far bigger issues at T10.

And range build Haru has 15+ km range, if you were talking gunrange.