Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
CrazyHorse_Denver

I wonder why???

3 comments in this topic

Members
1,716 posts
18,726 battles

The Oklahoma is the most recent example but there is a long history of last minute changes to ships and/or their weapons made between releasing CCs and testers from their NDAs and the ship being available to the public. The effect is that players do their research only to find out that what they thought they were buying is not what they got.

I've got nothing against last minute changes... after all isn't that why ships are given out to testers... to run them through their paces and see what needs to be buffed or nerfed. What I object to is the lack of transparency when these changes occur. Why did we have to learn about the Krupp changes to the Oklahoma's shells from Lert and LWM instead of from the company. A small blurb in the daily news items about last minute changes would do for the company's CYA purposes... it's then the players fault for not reading; but they don't even do that.

I can think of two reason as to why this happens. If you can think of something else please let us know. The first is basic incompetence with the company's staff in that they don't really realize how these actions sit with the customer base. The second is more of a conspiracy theory way of thinking; they know what they are doing and either just don't care or are actively trying to screw over the players.

With the way this company treats it's customer base if there was any real competition in this niche game market they wouldn't stay in business very long.

[SIDE]
Members
4,939 posts

The Ok is real confusing case study. I'm not sure what the thought process behind the last minute changes were but to release a premium ship that's not only worse than its cousin (Texas) but worse even than the tech tree ship and expect people to grind or pay cash for it seems, to be polite, very detached from reality. 

Sign in to follow this