You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
michael_zahnle

I knew Botts cheated...

13 comments in this topic

[_BDA_]
Members
661 posts
10,277 battles

... but this is taking it too far.

Rolled out Colorado to farm some damage for the daily missions and entered a contest with 2 sister ships, a Brit and Sinop on the other side.  Not having faced Sinop in a while I slid the cursor over it and compared profiles.  As I watched... AS I WATCHED, the survivability of Sinop changed from +4 to +6.

Ok, a fluke perhaps?

Next battle I checked my opponent again, this time a sister Colorado, and I watched as it changed from -2 to even up.

In both cases this was AFTER THE REST OF THE FLEET HAD SAILED!  I know this because I have a chronically slow spawn and I could see them moving on the mini-map.

What gives?

• Haha 1
  • Meh 1

[WOLFG]
Members
34,394 posts
10,709 battles
3 minutes ago, michael_zahnle said:

... but this is taking it too far.

Rolled out Colorado to farm some damage for the daily missions and entered a contest with 2 sister ships, a Brit and Sinop on the other side.  Not having faced Sinop in a while I slid the cursor over it and compared profiles.  As I watched... AS I WATCHED, the survivability of Sinop changed from +4 to +6.

Ok, a fluke perhaps?

Next battle I checked my opponent again, this time a sister Colorado, and I watched as it changed from -2 to even up.

In both cases this was AFTER THE REST OF THE FLEET HAD SAILED!  I know this because I have a chronically slow spawn and I could see them moving on the mini-map.

What gives?

How do you check those after you've entered battle? 

I can only do it before I hit Start Battle. After that, it inly shows me the player's IGN and teabag tag.

I'm asking because I sometimes forget to check it when in a DD, and it usually bites me. 

Edited by Skpstr

[HINON]
Members
14,340 posts
3 minutes ago, michael_zahnle said:

Its just a lag in the UI as ship stats for bots start as stock but then it adds in the hull upgrades.

• Cool 4

[_BDA_]
Members
661 posts
10,277 battles
1 minute ago, Skpstr said:

I can only do it before I hit Start Battle. After that, it inly shows me the player's IGN and teabag tag.

I'm asking because I sometimes forget to check it when in a DD, and it usually bites me. 

Technically I haven't entered the battle yet.  I often have a lag at spawning and I can see the ships moving on the map while stuck on the pervious screens.  During that time I can still examine the fleets and... in extreme cases if lag, see which ships have already been sunk (they turn black).

[_BDA_]
Members
661 posts
10,277 battles
5 minutes ago, RipNuN2 said:

Its just a lag in the UI as ship stats for bots start as stock but then it adds in the hull upgrades.

That makes sense... if true.  I prefer to think of them as cheating.  :Smile_veryhappy:

[WOLF3]
[WOLF3]
Members
32,215 posts
26,997 battles

It doesn't matter what the bots do because everyone should have a 97-98% Win Rate in Co-op.  The bots do in fact cheat, but it doesn't stop players curb stomping the ever-living-hell out of them.

• Boring 1

[_BDA_]
Members
661 posts
10,277 battles
18 hours ago, Skpstr said:

The Tab key... you can't compare stats but it tells you what's out there.  The Alt key will also show you what you are looking at and its damage level.

[PHD]
Members
284 posts
16,874 battles
19 hours ago, RipNuN2 said:

I've seen the same thing many times and wondered what was going on.

Thanks for the explanation.

[-TRM-]
[-TRM-]
Members
4,090 posts

I have built computers specifically to be fast enough to load first in a online game and be moving first.

That usually resulted in the timer clocks issued to everyone to start at the same time. Loading first and moving first is a form of cheating.

I try not to worry about this bot or that bot or any ship in great detail. In battle that information will come up for a particular enemy and how best to kill it.

My currrent system is still fast but beginning to show it's age. The next build will have 14 SSD's in raid zero backed by a thunderbolt array of spinners. If it works out right I can load from that faster than I can load from SSD.

• Boring 1

[WOLFG]
Members
34,394 posts
10,709 battles

1 hour ago, xHeavy said:

If it works out right I can load from that faster than I can load from SSD.

You know that won't make a difference for this game though, right? 

Server starts the clock as soon as it has formed the teams, whether anybody has loaded in or not.

[CLUMP]
Members
2,095 posts
2,429 battles

Says bots cheat like it is a great discovery or something :Smile_smile: Of course they cheat :Smile_teethhappy:

[NSEW]
Members
2,585 posts
12,112 battles
On 10/31/2020 at 3:17 PM, RipNuN2 said:

This used to be true too for Randoms, until some patches ago. It stopped working.  For me at least.