Jump to content
You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
dieselhead77

Halloween event, thanks for nothing

29 comments in this topic

Recommended Posts

551
[CVLUL]
Members
323 posts
14,732 battles

No credits, fxp or captian xp for this events.

Wow WG, dont over do it will you?

  • Cool 5
  • Haha 1
  • Boring 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
682
[KSC]
Members
793 posts
10,971 battles
14 minutes ago, dieselhead77 said:

No credits, fxp or captian xp for this events.

Wow WG, dont over do it will you?

Technically, 1k Battle Points is 75,000 credits... so a 10k Battle Point win is 750,000 credits with no service cost or ammo cost.

The camos are nice, though~

  • Cool 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Meh 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2,452
[REVY]
Members
8,099 posts
6,118 battles
16 minutes ago, dieselhead77 said:

Halloween event, thanks for nothing

It's just a pagan diabeetus evening.

  • Funny 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
551
[CVLUL]
Members
323 posts
14,732 battles
7 minutes ago, Ahskance said:

Technically, 1k Battle Points is 75,000 credits... so a 10k Battle Point win is 750,000 credits with no service cost or ammo cost.

The camos are nice, though~

1 average Missi game is 1m credits plus captain and fxp....

We both know it trash that WG isnt giving us anything for Halloween games when they always have in the past.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8
[GUNNS]
Members
3 posts
3,884 battles

Dumb post, no math skill OP. I stink, really bad, and i made 6 mil in a few hours, so, i dunno what you're crying about.

  • Meh 8

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
551
[CVLUL]
Members
323 posts
14,732 battles
2 minutes ago, ShermansWar said:

Dumb post, no math skill OP. I stink, really bad, and i made 6 mil in a few hours, so, i dunno what you're crying about.

TBH I could care less about the credits, not earning fxp and captain xp sucks tho

  • Meh 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6,307
[WORX]
Members
11,457 posts
19,196 battles

This was not the best Halloween event...Its folding WG's mission statement of "attracting."

None the less those who love will play it, those who hate it will stay away from it like a Dorian.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
7,026 posts
27,504 battles
34 minutes ago, ShermansWar said:

Dumb post, no math skill OP. I stink, really bad, and i made 6 mil in a few hours, so, i dunno what you're crying about.

No, since there is more then credits. Also, the tokens should be used for camo, so if you play for the credits, you can play randoms. And you miss the XP point of the post.

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3,656
[-K-]
Members
8,491 posts
14,883 battles
5 hours ago, dieselhead77 said:

No credits, fxp or captian xp for this events.

Wow WG, dont over do it will you?

Entitled much?

  • Thanks 1
  • Meh 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
466
[FOXY]
Members
1,198 posts
5,484 battles
11 minutes ago, 1SneakyDevil said:

Everyone feels like they deserve something. Just go out and play it, it's actually fun.

Ehhh..its not really fun either. It looks pretty, the ships are nice, the ingame upgrade mechanic is nice, but overall? Not fun.

 

The nice things about opinions is everyone has them.

 

I think id play the mode regardless of how fun it was if i could earn credits and exp so that i wasnt wasting my premium time, as it is im not touching it.

  • Cool 2
  • Boring 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Members
858 posts
6,204 battles

It's not the best event but not the worst either. Falls in the middle for me. It would have better if they priced the T9 infernal camo a little lower. In game, the T9 camos are only 33% more than the T8s. Yet, the T9 infernal camo requires double the battle points of the T8. I guess that's my only gripe. If you are just exchanging battle points for credits, you can make serious bank. The mode is rather easy to get high battle point returns. 

As for not doing the elite captain XP this time around, I've noticed that WG has gone out of their way to keep us from banking elite captain XP with the upcoming skill rework. I  don't think it was any coincidence that my least rewarded premium signals were Dragons doing the anniversary. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
354
[BIER]
Members
266 posts
10,048 battles

No one mentioned you can spend 25k battle points for a premium day. A premium day equals more of everything.

25k is very easy to get, so you can put in a few hours a get a whole week of premium.

Thank you WOW!!

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
466
[FOXY]
Members
1,198 posts
5,484 battles
13 minutes ago, Mister_Tanman said:

No one mentioned you can spend 25k battle points for a premium day. A premium day equals more of everything.

25k is very easy to get, so you can put in a few hours a get a whole week of premium.

Thank you WOW!!

except you can only purchase 3 premium days.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2,256
[SALVO]
Members
5,349 posts
4,575 battles
7 hours ago, dieselhead77 said:

 WG isnt giving us anything for Halloween games when they always have in the past.

So what? They are under no obligation of giving anything... Thinking they "have to" anything is just entitlement

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2,689
[PVE]
Members
4,677 posts
20,617 battles

Welcome to the new normal.....  Where everything is an: "let them eat cake..."  attitude. 

I expect Christmas crates and rewards to be modeled as this event is.....   Cheap, superficial and always, insuring we have to "pay to complete..."

So sad.

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
354
[BIER]
Members
266 posts
10,048 battles
24 minutes ago, Princess_Daystar said:

except you can only purchase 3 premium days.

Well! There goes my plan to fund next years premium. Lol!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
466
[FOXY]
Members
1,198 posts
5,484 battles
20 minutes ago, ArIskandir said:

So what? They are under no obligation of giving anything... Thinking they "have to" anything is just entitlement

I dont think expecting the bare minimum you get from every other mode is entitlement, thats just my thought process though.

Also quite backwards thinking too.

They dont have to give anything at all sure, but if they gave nothing how many people would play said mode? It feels like this is a test to see what the littlest they can offer is. Theyve been doing that alot lately actually.

They arent entitled to me supporting them either. That is one of the downfalls of "Free to play" games. i dont object to putting money into the game so long as im rewarded properly for my time, once im not, they get no more money from me. This game isnt at that point yet. Ive got plenty of time left in it, but any mode that doesnt give me the bare minimum reward isnt going to get touched with a 10 foot pole until i have nothing else left to do.

Edited by Princess_Daystar

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5,915
[WOLFG]
Members
30,768 posts
9,354 battles
24 minutes ago, Princess_Daystar said:

 i dont object to putting money into the game so long as im rewarded properly for my time, once im not, they get no more money from me. This game isnt at that point yet. 

That's completely fair.

The way I look at is, I pay for premium.

Why would I want to have my premium time elapsing while it's doing nothing for me? 

If I were F2P, or I could pause my premium, I might get into the mode more.

  • Cool 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
37
[TWE]
Beta Testers
93 posts
23,187 battles

For many of the same reasons as Princess Daystar, I have quit giving any money to them, including premium time. I now only play for something to pass time as I am retired. But I am very Happy that the game is available to play and all the work they have put into it. I have also uninstalled both WoP and WoT's.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
551
[CVLUL]
Members
323 posts
14,732 battles
On 10/31/2020 at 10:40 PM, Ace_04 said:

Entitled much?

 

On 11/1/2020 at 12:34 AM, ArIskandir said:

So what? They are under no obligation of giving anything... Thinking they "have to" anything is just entitlement

How am I being entitled when WG have always in the 4 years Ive played this game let you earn XP during these events? Why change it now? BTW, I have over 500 days of premium time, I pay my way in this game so you 2 can shove that in your entitlement's......

  • Cool 2
  • Boring 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
466
[FOXY]
Members
1,198 posts
5,484 battles
On 10/31/2020 at 10:22 AM, Skpstr said:

That's completely fair.

The way I look at is, I pay for premium.

Why would I want to have my premium time elapsing while it's doing nothing for me? 

If I were F2P, or I could pause my premium, I might get into the mode more.

Didnt see your reply till now, but thats the truth of the matter for me and this mode. Due to me having premium time, and it always ticking down no matter if i use it or not, im gonna use the hell out of it when i play.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13,510
[ARGSY]
Members
21,707 posts
15,757 battles
On 10/31/2020 at 9:10 AM, Ace_04 said:

Entitled much?

I think we're within our rights to be surprised and dismayed that Halloween 2020 was not the ECXP/Credits piñata it has been in previous years. 

Right now I'm doing the directives for this patch as they come out in whatever way I find easiest, grabbing the first-win XP and the first crate of the day on regular ships (even the Kansas can do that, especially with the current first-stage being 10K damage), then going to Key Battles and playing that hard until the next directive opens. 

When I first made the decision to buy my premium time at Christmas in half-price, 360 day blocks, I did the sums. 12,500 doubloons is $CDN 63.00, or 17.5 cents per day. 

Given the price of playing video games in an arcade when I was a kid, this is obscenely cheap. 

 

One thing is for sure, though. Once I get both camos (I've almost got the first), I'm done with this mode.

Edited by Ensign_Cthulhu
  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
309
[TIAR]
[TIAR]
Beta Testers
1,388 posts
21,061 battles
6 minutes ago, Ensign_Cthulhu said:

I think we're within our rights to be surprised and dismayed that Halloween 2020 was not the ECXP/Credits piñata it has been in previous years. 

Right now I'm doing the directives for this patch as they come out in whatever way I find easiest, grabbing the first-win XP and the first crate of the day on regular ships (even the Kansas can do that, especially with the current first-stage being 10K damage), then going to Key Battles and playing that hard until the next directive opens. 

When I first made the decision to buy my premium time at Christmas in half-price, 360 day blocks, I did the sums. 12,500 doubloons is $CDN 63.00, or 17.5 cents per day. 

Given the price of playing video games in an arcade when I was a kid, this is obscenely cheap. 

 

One thing is for sure, though. Once I get both camos (I've almost got the first), I'm done with this mode.

same policy here

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
65
[DKM]
Members
156 posts
21,167 battles
On 10/31/2020 at 7:05 AM, dieselhead77 said:

No credits, fxp or captian xp for this events.

Wow WG, dont over do it will you?

On the danger it will be changed. The best way to enjoy halloween event is just to ram into the first wave of monster and do the first three daily missions in under 5mins.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×