Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
Ado1fCarsar

New year snowflake are meh

79 comments in this topic

[X-PN]
Members
600 posts
6,947 battles

Why not remove the crap Santa containers at t10 and give it 150 steel per ship. Then change t9/t8 to give rp? Much more useful than Santa containers.

• Cool 1
  • Haha 3
  • Boring 1
  • Meh 6

[LWA]
Members
1,186 posts

super containers in this game are pure crap.  It is is comparable to the nice, big, pretty Christmas present and after opening it is socks, scarf, or underwear.....

• Cool 1
  • Funny 1
  • Haha 1
  • Boring 1
  • Meh 1

[A-D-F]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
8,044 posts
7 minutes ago, Ado1fCarsar said:

Why not remove the crap Santa containers at t10 and give it 150 steel per ship. Then change t9/t8 to give rp? Much more useful than Santa containers.

I can earn steel in any ranked or CB season.  I can earn RB points, as fast as I want to.  I can earn both steel and RB points, through daily missions.

The only way I can get SCs is sheer luck or these events.

Don't get me wrong, I am happy about the steel we are all about to get, but I am not going to complain about SCs.  Sure some of them are going to be duds but between ships and good camos, I usually make out ok.

• Cool 6
  • Boring 3

[X-PN]
Members
600 posts
6,947 battles
21 minutes ago, Burnsy said:

I can earn steel in any ranked or CB season.  I can earn RB points, as fast as I want to.  I can earn both steel and RB points, through daily missions.

The only way I can get SCs is sheer luck or these events.

Don't get me wrong, I am happy about the steel we are all about to get, but I am not going to complain about SCs.  Sure some of them are going to be duds but between ships and good camos, I usually make out ok.

you dont get a supercontainer, you get a santa container.

[A-D-F]
8,044 posts
17 minutes ago, Ado1fCarsar said:

you dont get a supercontainer, you get a santa container.

Oops, you are right.  I will for sure take those too.

As a general rule, if something is reasonably valuable but I can't really "earn" it, I will take it any time over something that I can earn on my own.

• Cool 1

[X-PN]
Members
600 posts
6,947 battles
33 minutes ago, Burnsy said:

Oops, you are right.  I will for sure take those too.

As a general rule, if something is reasonably valuable but I can't really "earn" it, I will take it any time over something that I can earn on my own.

the usual drop is 4 mediocre camps out of those containers. it's pretty bad

[A-D-F]
8,044 posts
7 minutes ago, Ado1fCarsar said:

the usual drop is 4 mediocre camps out of those containers. it's pretty bad

I have gotten premium ships out of them in past years.  If someone is going to give me something, that has reasonable value for no cost, I am not going to complain that it wasn't good enough. 

I may not be as excited about a dud than I will be about an awesome free ship but I am not going to tell the gift giver, that they need to do better.

My mother would tell me that she raised me better than that. 

• Cool 5
  • Boring 1
  • Meh 1

[WMD]
Members
1,765 posts
10,044 battles
1 hour ago, Ado1fCarsar said:

Why not do CB/Ranked for steel? I don't care about Steel nearly as much as I care about free premium ships from containers. 

[PVE]
Members
6,953 posts
22,728 battles
3 hours ago, db4100 said:

super containers in this game are pure crap.  It is is comparable to the nice, big, pretty Christmas present and after opening it is socks, scarf, or underwear.....

You're right about super containers...I was over 20k battles before I got my 1st ship (krispy kreme) in 1 of them & have only ever gotten 2 ships from them (the 2nd was during a snowflake event...spacing on which 1 though...mid tier DD)...

But what OP is complaining about is shear madness:

3 hours ago, Ado1fCarsar said:

This year they have switched from super containers to Santa containers & Santa containers are not super containers...the 1st year they came out me & my buddy bought like a dozen each & gifted them to each other...I got Indy/Arizona/Emden/& another premium I can't recall right off hand from just those dozen (little foggy...may have been 20 each...but 4 premiums from 20 is still all good).

For somebody w/all the premiums the rewards are kinda weak...but for those w/only a couple of premiums to get to have them all the chances of getting 1 of them (even the rare removed ships) is very high compared to the super containers...&...if you're like me & only have a few premiums compared to how many there are available your odds on getting premium drops are very very high.

Many posts in forums saying the Santa ones have lessened in drops compared to the original years chances but then there's just as many threads of somebody getting a shipload of premiums in them.

Farm your resources...leave the snowflake Santa crate drops alone.

Edited by IfYouSeeKhaos

[ALLY]
Members
337 posts
19,482 battles

To all:

I will repeat what others have said.  Anything that WG wishes to give to me for free is welcome.  I will not complain.  During the anniversary event this year, I did not get a single ship, even though I got 28 super containers.  I did get a lot of free camos and flags which ensures that I do not have to buy any during the course of the year.  I understand that there are two levels of Santa Crates and we will be getting the lesser ones and it still does not matter to me.  I will probably get over 30 of them since I have added to my T10s since the anniversary event and if I get a ship, great.  If I do not, whatever I get is welcome.  I will paraphrase what some others have stated when I say, "If you do not want them, send them to me because I will gladly take them."

C130 signing out

• Cool 2
  • Boring 1
  • Meh 1

[PSP]
[PSP]
Members
13,673 posts
4 hours ago, db4100 said:

You must be very young because you will use the socks, scarves, and underwear you get far longer than you would a flashy new toy or video game. Do you know what my Dad usually got for Christmas during the Depression -- a bag of nuts and an orange. 

• Cool 5
  • Funny 1
  • Boring 2

[WOOKY]
Beta Testers
1,743 posts
5 hours ago, Ado1fCarsar said:

but I personally dont want RP. I expect the santa containers will give me 5-10K dubs and that would be valuable to me.

I imagine that casual people who dont already have an income of steel would not be impressed by a mere thousand steel gained from snowflakes that will buy them nothing of value, but might very much appreciate a free t6 premium ship, for example.

your meh may be anothers woot.

[X-PN]
Members
600 posts
6,947 battles
4 minutes ago, Dareios said:

but I personally dont want RP. I expect the santa containers will give me 5-10K dubs and that would be valuable to me.

I imagine that casual people who dont already have an income of steel would not be impressed by a mere thousand steel gained from snowflakes that will buy them nothing of value, but might very much appreciate a free t6 premium ship, for example.

your meh may be anothers woot.

5-10k dubs? you get 300 dubs from a Santa container. even if you had 40 containers, ~5000 dubs would be 16-17 containers, ~10000 would be 34+ out of 40. I doubt RNG will be that favourable to you. 

[ANZ4C]
Members
201 posts
7,289 battles
5 hours ago, db4100 said:

Hey now, socks and underwear as gifts are great!! Means i don't have to buy them myself 😂

• Cool 1

[WOOKY]
Beta Testers
1,743 posts
24 minutes ago, Ado1fCarsar said:

5-10k dubs? you get 300 dubs from a Santa container. even if you had 40 containers, ~5000 dubs would be 16-17 containers, ~10000 would be 34+ out of 40. I doubt RNG will be that favourable to you. 

you sure its not $1K per?

[WOOKY]
Beta Testers
1,743 posts
18 minutes ago, Ado1fCarsar said:

it's 300. you get the crappiest santa container.

well then. thats considerably less enticing. booo, gimme supercontainers.

thanks for the clarification.

[X-PN]
Members
600 posts
6,947 battles
2 minutes ago, Dareios said:

well then. thats considerably less enticing. booo, gimme supercontainers.

thanks for the clarification.

b546fb9a-1b6b-11ea-bbe9-d89d6715223c.jpg

[FOXY]
Members
1,202 posts
5,484 battles

Meanwhile im just hoping im even able to get ONE of them. As it is im likely to only have the Thunderer by the time this event rolls out. Be glad you get anything. Ill be happy with the coal and steel im getting, but ill be uber happy to get some of those containers.

[TFK]
[TFK]
Alpha Tester
1,677 posts
20,739 battles

It must be a tough year for WG that is why the rewards or treats are slim. Big Boss man can only buy one yacht this year instead of the usual four.:Smile_teethhappy:

• Cool 1

[XXX]
Members
599 posts
1,450 battles
3 hours ago, Snargfargle said:

You must be very young because you will use the socks, scarves, and underwear you get far longer than you would a flashy new toy or video game. Do you know what my Dad usually got for Christmas during the Depression -- a bag of nuts and an orange. 

It's true, the older I've gotten the more often I ask for pants and socks for Christmas because A) Means I don't have to buy my own and B) that lovely new sock feeling. It's why I appreciate getting shower gel and deodorant combo packs for Christmas now, means I'm not spending money on buying them myself.

[FOXEH]
Banned
14,364 posts
20,025 battles
3 hours ago, Snargfargle said:

You must be very young because you will use the socks, scarves, and underwear you get far longer than you would a flashy new toy or video game.

You must be very old to think that he would care.

• Funny 1
  • Boring 1

[PVE]
Members
377 posts
3,136 battles
5 hours ago, IfYouSeeKhaos said:

Farm your resources...leave the snowflake Santa crate drops alone.

This :cap_like:

Sign in to follow this