You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
BrushWolf

Battle of Cape Matapan

6 comments in this topic

[GWG]
[GWG]
Supertester
27,093 posts
14,707 battles

If you thought the USS Washington was close when she opened up on the IJN Kirishima at 7,000 yards, the closest range that the fleets closed to at Tsushima by the way. The British Admiral Cunningham, another admiral that understood radar, snuck to 3500 yards, Wiki says 3800 yards but I trust Drachinifel to get it right, with three battleships and a carrier before erasing the Italian cruisers Fiume and Zara with the combined fire of BB's Barham, Valiant, Warspite, and the CV Formidable which was then belatedly ordered to pull out of the line of battle.

• Cool 1

[WOLF3]
Members
28,113 posts
24,463 battles

Curious to see if any of the ships in WoWS were present in this battle.  I dug up the Order of Battle for the engagement.  Ships that were there and are represented in WoWS:

CAs Trento, Zara

BB Warspite

CL Perth

DD Inredibly lucky Jervis

[GWG]
[GWG]
Supertester
27,093 posts
14,707 battles
14 minutes ago, HazeGrayUnderway said:

Curious to see if any of the ships in WoWS were present in this battle.  I dug up the Order of Battle for the engagement.  Ships that were there and are represented in WoWS:

CAs Trento, Zara

BB Warspite

CL Perth

DD Inredibly lucky Jervis

Actually when you consider that it is usually the class ship in the game except for the premiums we have a good portion of the RN ships and are not doing too badly with the Regia Marina either but we are still missing their DD's. We have the Vittorio Veneto in the form of the Roma and the Vittorio Veneto itself is in the game now as part of the Supertest program.

[WOLF3]
Members
28,113 posts
24,463 battles
24 minutes ago, BrushWolf said:

Actually when you consider that it is usually the class ship in the game except for the premiums we have a good portion of the RN ships and are not doing too badly with the Regia Marina either but we are still missing their DD's. We have the Vittorio Veneto in the form of the Roma and the Vittorio Veneto itself is in the game now as part of the Supertest program.

We have Roma twice in the game, did you forget already? :Smile_trollface:

[GWG]
[GWG]
Supertester
27,093 posts
14,707 battles
22 minutes ago, HazeGrayUnderway said:

We have Roma twice in the game, did you forget already? :Smile_trollface:

Well, at least the model is.

[RLGN]
Members
14,843 posts
26,345 battles
3 hours ago, BrushWolf said:

If you thought the USS Washington was close when she opened up on the IJN Kirishima at 7,000 yards, the closest range that the fleets closed to at Tsushima by the way. The British Admiral Cunningham, another admiral that understood radar, snuck to 3500 yards, Wiki says 3800 yards but I trust Drachinifel to get it right, with three battleships and a carrier before erasing the Italian cruisers Fiume and Zara with the combined fire of BB's Barham, Valiant, Warspite, and the CV Formidable which was then belatedly ordered to pull out of the line of battle.

lol

(at about 06:50)

"In Cunnningham's staff and ships were the wonderfully named Manley Powers and A God..."

Seems Drach thinks quite highly of the person in question?

In any case; I would agree that the person in question has done quite well with themselves in their life.