You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
weiwaynezhang

pumpkinfest is a bad bad bad idea

52 comments in this topic

[2020]
Members
115 posts
2,902 battles

our DDs in last game doing nothing and went yolo hunting for pumpkins..........

At least say, kill last red and get pumpkin

Edited by weiwaynezhang
  • Cool 1
  • Boring 5
  • Meh 3

[WORX]
Members
11,420 posts
19,183 battles

Every year these threads pop up... No mater how much evidence to the contrary or for... Someone will not like the event... Avoid them and move on...

• Cool 3

[WOLF5]
Supertester
4,418 posts
4,198 battles
28 minutes ago, Navalpride33 said:

Every year these threads pop up... No mater how much evidence to the contrary or for... Someone will not like the event... Avoid them and move on...

Yup. Had some guys in game complaining that the rewards for killing a pumpkin weren't good enough. I was like are you guys seriously complaining about free stuff?

Some people have no sense of fun.

• Cool 1

[WORX]
Members
11,420 posts
19,183 battles
Just now, AJTP89 said:

Yup. Had some guys in game complaining that the rewards for killing a pumpkin weren't good enough. I was like are you guys seriously complaining about free stuff?

Que sera sera, It happens every event... Its like living in groundhogs day :Smile_trollface:. You know its coming...

I also know, its the minority, others love the fun and the rewards that go with it..

[WOLF9]
Privateers
14,830 posts
4,733 battles

I see that the DD Mafia is rising, zombie-like, from irrelevancy.

[GWG]
[GWG]
Supertester
27,144 posts
14,735 battles
1 hour ago, Navalpride33 said:

Look at the bright side the usual first complaints are that all the special captains do is die quickly. The special captain's job is to die but they are not supposed to make it easy. Ironically in my times as one of those captains my survival rate was at least as good as my regular game rate.

• Cool 1

[WORX]
Members
11,420 posts
19,183 battles
1 minute ago, BrushWolf said:

Look at the bright side the usual first complaints are that all the special captains do is die quickly. The special captain's job is to die but they are not supposed to make it easy. Ironically in my times as one of those captains my survival rate was at least as good as my regular game rate.

I remember yours. Mine was %50 roughly, mainly because. I played more medium and small ships...Since I play the Flint or the Kami type play style ship... I play like an event cpt on a daily basis.

• Cool 1

[V_V_V]
Members
806 posts
15,981 battles

shot-20_10.30_19_24.58-0374a.thumb.jpg.2e059025d5b690e866535310a44b141d.jpgAnd then there is an occasional class(less) act...

Edited by Charon2018
add text

[WORX]
Members
11,420 posts
19,183 battles
20 minutes ago, Charon2018 said:

class(less) act...

Accusation of kill stealing will fly, it happens ever event (more intensely now that awards are involved for a kill instead of % of DMG dealt).

[GWG]
[GWG]
Supertester
27,144 posts
14,735 battles

I have seen two of them so far tonight but both were on my team. I would much prefer to be one of them than to hunt them. Oh well, I was really lucky and was one in every one of these events until this one so I can't complain.

2 minutes ago, Navalpride33 said:

Accusation of kill stealing will fly, it happens ever event (more intensely now that awards are involved for a kill instead of % of DMG dealt).

Yeah some people don't understand that if you didn't get the kill you get nothing and the only thing that is rewarded for % of damage dealt is experience.

[TBW]
Members
10,570 posts
18,110 battles

Adjust your tactics and remember most pumpkins want to give you the rewards, although they are generally the better players or at least ones that are more committed to the game, they also want to spread the rewards. After securing the win, I tried to give points away when I was a Corgi. After being a Corgi I never wanted to be a turkey or a pumpkin or any other iteration of a Corgi. I did it twice and it was very hard work both times.

Compliment the Pumpkins because weather you like what they do or not, they are doing a not so easy task  and they are doing it for the communities benefit. I do think that it could have been called many tings bedsides Pumpkins. Which is the main reason that I didn't try to be one,that and personal matters, Granny is kind of dying, I think, so my attention has been focused elsewhere. Hope she makes 102, !3/12/2020, That will make her 1 month older than her mother lived. I hope she expires after that accomplishment. We wouldn't want to set the bar too high for future generations,and quite frankly I am tired of taking care of her by myself. 24/ 7 for five years is finally taking it's toll on me. I now understand why family members kill each other under extenuating circumstances.

• Cool 1
  • Sad 1

[V_V_V]
Members
806 posts
15,981 battles
25 minutes ago, Navalpride33 said:

I wasn't referring to that; rather the pumpkin's chat violation; not a great ambassador for the event.

Edited by Charon2018
add text

[-KAK-]
Members
607 posts
11,769 battles
2 hours ago, AJTP89 said:

I was actually talking with a clanmate about this earlier - I could have sworn that once upon a time the doubloon reward was 250 or 500 or something. Anyone else remember this?

Free stuff is great, don't get me wrong. The nice thing about the rewards as they stand is that they're not so significant that I really want them. It means I can play the game normally and take a few potshots at the pumpkin if I see it instead of chasing the pumpkin down in the hopes that I can kill it.

[WORX]
Members
11,420 posts
19,183 battles
16 minutes ago, Charon2018 said:

I wasn't referring to that; rather the pumpkin's chat violation; not a great ambassador for the event.

I know, I just used your image without permission (free use doctrine) to point out the kill steal point... 

I know it had nothing to do with you or what you were conveying.

Edited by Navalpride33

[WORX]
Members
11,420 posts
19,183 battles
9 minutes ago, TheOmegaDuck said:

I was actually talking with a clanmate about this earlier - I could have sworn that once upon a time the doubloon reward was 250 or 500 or something. Anyone else remember this?

That was during Femms reign. Yes that was the reward and it loaded to your acct. automatically after, the battle was over.  .

[PVE]
Members
6,928 posts
22,666 battles
2 hours ago, Navalpride33 said:

Think you missed the OP's point on this 1...he was saying his DDs abandoned the game to go hunting the pumpkin (& you are right...many threads like this do pop up every 1 of those events)...but it's not like he has the choice to avoid them & still be able to play random.

He was just suggesting they make it "kill the last red on the team" to get the reward so players will play to kill all the reds instead of just focusing on the pumpkin...not gonna happen but that was what he was saying.

Not sure what "evidence to the contrary or for" you are referring to...but as for this 1:

39 minutes ago, Navalpride33 said:

(more intensely now that awards are involved for a kill instead of % of DMG dealt).

They have always (not just now) been for a kill & never for % damage dealt...people have asked for it to be switched to % damage dealt (since the 1st...or at least the 2nd corgi event) but it has always been for the kill in all of these corgi type events.

[PVE]
Members
6,928 posts
22,666 battles
4 minutes ago, Navalpride33 said:

That was during Femms reign. Yes that was the reward and it loaded to your acct. automatically after, the battle was over.  .

Yep...those were the good ole days...this 1 loads to your account also as soon as the battle is over (per the article)...but the doubs are less now.

But to be fair...Hapa is giving more prizes in the weekly events now so maybe there is less available to pass out for these now.

Edited by IfYouSeeKhaos

[WORX]
Members
11,420 posts
19,183 battles
17 minutes ago, IfYouSeeKhaos said:

Not sure what "evidence to the contrary or for" you are referring to

I meant/referring to, every event capt. that actually play the match :Smile_veryhappy:. Putting a spot light on one match when if I remember correctly *calculating the math in the ol noggin*. Trying to remember past numbers...

5 scored above 150games...

the other 105 players had 149-70 games or less.

The other 190 were 69 games and below.. With A LOT (at least 50)of people with zero games played.

Now this would very between different events of course.

[O_O]
Members
6,765 posts
16,194 battles
6 hours ago, Charon2018 said:

And then there is an occasional class(less) act...

I suggest you forward that unedited screenshot to @Hapa_Fodder.  That person needs to be banned from playing event accounts.

• Cool 1

[-AGW-]
Members
3 posts
473 battles

Oh, Idk... Smashed a pumpkin on my first try with my Amagi in a Tier 10 battle (an Odin, and he/she smashed me about 3 nano seconds later). 

Didn't really know what was going on but saw some text spammed in open channel at the beginning. None of our DDs seemed interested and the Odin was second line behind an Izumo I had to chew through first.

But there was this obnoxious Montana on my team ordering me out of his way simply because he was "two tiers higher". He finished near the bottom...

• Funny 1

[WORX]
Members
11,420 posts
19,183 battles
16 minutes ago, desmo_2 said:

I suggest you forward that unedited screenshot to @Hapa_Fodder.  That person needs to be banned from playing event accounts.

Forward the msg on the discord instead there Desmo,Its quicker IMO. 

I did not recognized from the list (other then you), experienced event players who know the how the pressure cooker events work.

Also on a curios note from me to pass along to them, why were the identities matching the press event accts. secrete this time around from the public ?

Was the transparency clause altered? Or was the Privacy clause extended to people renting press event accts. ?

Inquiring minds (mainly mine) want to know... Foul Language from event accts. should never be tolerated (I dont remember it being a problem in past events either).

Edited by Navalpride33

[O_O]
Members
6,765 posts
16,194 battles

The players are listed in the announcement, behind a spoiler tag.  However, I don't think it has been announced what Pumpkin # those players are (I am 188).  This is Hapa's first time administering one of these events, which probably explains any deviations from previous events. Fem and Niko also had differences between their events.

Edited by desmo_2

[O_O]
Members
6,765 posts
16,194 battles

@Charon2018

Forward me the Pumpkin number from that chat in a PM, and I'll post it on our Discord channel.

[WORX]
Members
11,420 posts
19,183 battles
6 hours ago, Charon2018 said:

rather the pumpkin's chat violation; not a great ambassador for the event.

There you go Charon, send the pic vie PM to @desmo_2 He will forward it to the event discord...

Apologies I did not see/reconized the problem beforehand in your post, I hope this solution works out with desmo. .