You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
Herr_Reitz

Hey you know that new warning you give for carriers?

16 comments in this topic

[V_KNG]
Beta Testers
13,106 posts

Seriously GIVE ME AN OPTION TO TURN IT OFF. 
If there's an option already there, tell me where to find it. Otherwise give us an option asap. 
I do not need additional flashing lights, bells or whistles to tell me my carriers is being threatened or is under attack. Seriously I DO NOT NEED THIS. 

You can however - aside from giving me an option to switch it off - FIX THE FLIGHT MODELS, TORP DROPS and a slew of other things before adding another piece of code we DO NOT NEED. 

Sheesh. How do I really feel when helping WoWS with their ahem, QA testing? 

answers_to_homework_questions.gif

• Funny 1
  • Haha 2

[WPORT]
Members
6,673 posts
11,674 battles
11 minutes ago, Herr_Reitz said:

If there's an option already there, tell me where to find it. Otherwise give us an option asap. 
I do not need additional flashing lights, bells or whistles to tell me my carriers is being threatened or is under attack. Seriously I DO NOT NEED THIS. 

You can however - aside from giving me an option to switch it off - FIX THE FLIGHT MODELS, TORP DROPS and a slew of other things before adding another piece of code we DO NOT NEED. 

Sheesh. How do I really feel when helping WoWS with their ahem, QA testing? 

answers_to_homework_questions.gif

:cap_viking::cap_look::Smile_teethhappy::cap_like::Smile_honoring:

• Haha 1

[GWG]
[GWG]
Supertester
27,188 posts
14,754 battles

I haven't taken a CV out in randoms for some time. I do have the Ise and Tone though and need to take them out but have focused on the Pasta BB's so far for my testing.

[DJL]
Members
235 posts
6,982 battles

Yes agree need a way to turn it off. Gets annoying to see it go crazy every time you get shot at or park next to an island.

[RLGN]
Members
14,939 posts
26,466 battles
2 hours ago, Herr_Reitz said:

Something changed in the last update? Would I hear it if I play a CV in Co-op? (Haven’t even used a CV since before the update.)

[WK]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
1,152 posts
16,182 battles
13 minutes ago, Estimated_Prophet said:

Something changed in the last update? Would I hear it if I play a CV in Co-op? (Haven’t even used a CV since before the update.)

Yes.

[WOLFO]
Members
560 posts
4,921 battles

can confirm is terrible. option to toggle back to the old method, it was just fine for me.... this new stuff is much worse...

[WK]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
1,152 posts
16,182 battles

@Herr_Reitz

At this point in time, I would say the ability to control my CV while I'm in flight as one of the primary things to be fixed.

[T35A]
[T35A]
Members
1 post

IMHO I feel that a simple Sonar/Radar Config. is much needed for CVE (or most classes) considering you are only able to control the ship through the Tac.Map when flying a squadron.  ssame with all classes

[SSG]
Alpha Tester
5,194 posts
12,101 battles

Better idea - we go back to RTS, fix the overly high damage by either removing manual attacks or lowering ordnance damage - which would lower the skill gap, Removing strafing or returning to the first iteration in which it was an AoE debuff to attacking planes not an auto delete of enemy planes - which would lower the skill gap, fix AA balance which the rework has arguably done an even worse job of, Fix the loadouts (not hard), fix the fighter balance (once again not only not hard I can't understand how Wargaming constantly screwed it up), make their spotting mini-map only for the rest of the team, and let them regen planes over time, we'll figure out rates after we see where the hell they are and once we figure out what were doing with AA. So I can control my ship - y'know, the way a captain would while his planes are in the air off attacking. 

• Cool 1

[V_KNG]
Beta Testers
13,106 posts

Yes you CAN hear AND see it. Yuck. IMO it needs added to the gigantic pile of Good Ideas which should not have been implemented. 

7 hours ago, Volron said:

@Herr_Reitz

At this point in time, I would say the ability to control my CV while I'm in flight as one of the primary things to be fixed.

We used to be able to simply do a CTRL + LMB click on the minimap. I started asking for them to bring that back as soon as the rework was released. 

I have no ideas as to why they simply won't allow us to do a CTRL + LMB click on the minimap to alter course. 

Since I can't stop at one - the "map" we are forced to use? NO ZOOM. No OPTION to TURN OFF TEXT OVERLAYS. Heck, often when using that map I cannot even see the islands because a ship icon is overlaying the island. 

Really wish they would take a break from new, new, new and don one or two releases of QoL updates, starting with Otto Pilot and the above mentioned items. 

How about you guys? Got an QoL issues you feel should have been fixed many releases back? 

[V_KNG]
Beta Testers
13,106 posts
8 hours ago, BrushWolf said:

I haven't taken a CV out in randoms for some time. I do have the Ise and Tone though and need to take them out but have focused on the Pasta BB's so far for my testing.

Say... had a Tone in a match last night. Reimu was in the match as well but not playing a carrier. I'm playing the game then all of a sudden I see someone in chat complaining as to how unfair it is some scout planes from "that" ship could come in and drop torpedoes! I explained they were in super test and eventually would probably end up in the game. I smiled as it reminded me of every unwanted change that' sever occurred. 

"If they implement that thing I'm outta here, I've had enough".

The aft section of the Tone looks like an old HO train crossing switch. You should have great fun for a bit as players won't know what she can do. 

• Cool 1

[PNGYN]
Alpha Tester
1,526 posts
3,480 battles
10 hours ago, WanderingGhost said:

Better idea - we go back to RTS, fix the overly high damage by either removing manual attacks or lowering ordnance damage - which would lower the skill gap, Removing strafing or returning to the first iteration in which it was an AoE debuff to attacking planes not an auto delete of enemy planes - which would lower the skill gap, fix AA balance which the rework has arguably done an even worse job of, Fix the loadouts (not hard), fix the fighter balance (once again not only not hard I can't understand how Wargaming constantly screwed it up), make their spotting mini-map only for the rest of the team, and let them regen planes over time, we'll figure out rates after we see where the hell they are and once we figure out what were doing with AA. So I can control my ship - y'know, the way a captain would while his planes are in the air off attacking. 

this...is what needed/wanted but we never got or never will get. i wonder how long will it take them to realize they were wrong if at all.

[GWG]
[GWG]
Supertester
27,188 posts
14,754 battles
5 hours ago, Herr_Reitz said:

Say... had a Tone in a match last night. Reimu was in the match as well but not playing a carrier. I'm playing the game then all of a sudden I see someone in chat complaining as to how unfair it is some scout planes from "that" ship could come in and drop torpedoes! I explained they were in super test and eventually would probably end up in the game. I smiled as it reminded me of every unwanted change that' sever occurred. 

"If they implement that thing I'm outta here, I've had enough".

The aft section of the Tone looks like an old HO train crossing switch. You should have great fun for a bit as players won't know what she can do. 

While the Tone historically only had scout planes both it and the Ise currently have torpedo bombers.

[KOBK]
Members
348 posts
4,570 battles

I would like to disable the sound notification but keep the warning. Its cool untill it start to sound like my alarm for work at 8:30

• Haha 1