Jump to content
You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
CylonRed

Tier 4 - was hoping it would be better in general....

21 comments in this topic

Recommended Posts

1,114
Members
5,789 posts
11,639 battles

But holy cow.  As a person who knows how to play you REALLY have to play as if you are the only one who knows anything or will can read.  Then you have to hope your dispersion does not go everywhere. 

I could only handle 2 tier 4 games last night - previous tier 4 games were not terrible but an absolute grind where most teams only had a couple ships left by the end and points didn't generally go beyond 500 points after nearly 10 minutes.

 

But a team I was on - I think it was the first game - I kid you not - when we gave up ALL of the caps in the first 5 minutes, I was told about a minute later that no one could go to the caps and "YOLO" and the game ended immediately after they typed that in the chat.  I killed 2 ships and I had ~530 base XP.  ONE person had 300 base XP and the REST of the team had no more than 200 with at least 5 at 100-150.  Complete and utter joke and didn't last long enough that someone who could carry the team, could actually do that. 

Doing the campaigns gives me something to play for - a goal even if not used but jesus not with these team.

Edited by CylonRed

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8,186
[WORX]
Members
14,370 posts
20,934 battles

Its tier 4.. Your expectations are way to high...

  • BBs dont one shot cruisers from a cap away
    • It take 2 or 3 shots
  • Fire is tolerable
  • Planes are the same as annoying as any other tiers.

Also, make sure you didn;t have :theseAI: in a random match. They too can be a blessing or a curse...

Team wise all I can do is adapt to the situation. You never know how the ending will be. You're right, low tiers is completely different to high tiers.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,114
Members
5,789 posts
11,639 battles

I think I was hoping that after several years and a campaign that the lower tiers would have more than 1 competent player or a player who understood the game a little bit.    I know a fair amount of people in the forums who play lower tiers than high tier and they say the game are so much better but man-o-man....  I wish I could see more of those... :)

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Members
4,277 posts
15,135 battles
4 minutes ago, CylonRed said:

I think I was hoping that after several years and a campaign that the lower tiers would have more than 1 competent player or a player who understood the game a little bit.    I know a fair amount of people in the forums who play lower tiers than high tier and they say the game are so much better but man-o-man....  I wish I could see more of those... :)

I think they mean mid tiers like 5/6/7. Low tiers are often just newer players. Some that post on the forum and say they like those low tiers, are also just seal clubbers. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Members
1,709 posts
2,065 battles
25 minutes ago, Navalpride33 said:

BBs dont one shot cruisers from a cap away

  • It take 2 or 3 shots

 

Unless it's HMS Caledon, which BB's one-shot from 2 caps away.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Members
1,709 posts
2,065 battles
23 minutes ago, CylonRed said:

I think I was hoping that after several years and a campaign that the lower tiers would have more than 1 competent player or a player who understood the game a little bit.    I know a fair amount of people in the forums who play lower tiers than high tier and they say the game are so much better but man-o-man....  I wish I could see more of those... :)

I'll remember you and invite you to a division.

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
547
[BINGO]
Members
156 posts
9,518 battles

Competent skippers in general avoid low tiers like the plague because of plane spam and next to non existent AA.  I used to like playing some low tier ships for pure small map fun. But so many f'ing planes sucks all the joy out of the match lol.  

Edited by Willawaw
  • Cool 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Meh 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Beta Testers
3,315 posts
26,945 battles

I have 388 ships and have not touched ships from tier 1 to 4 in two years.................

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,256
[WIB]
Alpha Tester
3,978 posts
2,472 battles

Any game play under Tier 5 at this point sucks.  I have taken to skipping at least to Tier 5 just to avoid the nightmare mess lower tiers have become. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,114
Members
5,789 posts
11,639 battles

Tier 6 was NOT any better - fail divisions with 2 tier 5 ships in a tier 8 game, that died in the first 5 minutes - on my side of course.  CVs even with average AA I can easily deal with - I can dodge and group up when I can. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,114
Members
5,789 posts
11,639 battles
8 minutes ago, Tachnechdorus said:

I have 388 ships and have not touched ships from tier 1 to 4 in two years.................

Yea - I sold most of mine off as I was a free player for awhile and needed the credits.  Only have a couple low tier ships.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2,907
[PVE]
Members
9,067 posts
25,439 battles
1 hour ago, CylonRed said:

Tier 6 was NOT any better - fail divisions with 2 tier 5 ships in a tier 8 game, that died in the first 5 minutes - on my side of course.  CVs even with average AA I can easily deal with - I can dodge and group up when I can. 

I've never seen 2 div fails on the same team before w/out at least 1 on the other...got a screenshot of that?

Edited by IfYouSeeKhaos

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,313
[0456]
Members
3,824 posts
10,091 battles

Unfortunately I think your expectations were on the high side... for any tier really. I’ve found I enjoy the low tier matches win or lose but reeeeeeeally need to stay alive to make a difference.

You really need to try and blend in with the furniture behind “the blob” and use your superior understanding of the game and maps to your advantage picking out the targets of opportunity... juicy broadsides or recently damage conned ships. Stay loose so you can shift between caps as the situation requires. Don’t get careless because you’re in tier 4... do all the things- change your speed often, change course often, kite often- stay vigilant. 

There are the occasional expert players down there but most are fed up with the double cv nonsense (or are playing The CVs) but certainly nothing that would significantly change your experience... or make it better than high tiers somehow.

With that said I had a bunch of bots in one of my last low tier games and :Cunningham: was a [edited]wrecking machine- almost got a kraken. Im exaggerating but the bots were significantly outplaying the players and the few players that were left in the endgame with me were clearly VERY new and changing the course of the battle in our favour was remarkably easy- 

This isn’t to say you can  always avoid the rollovers for or against... they happen which is why nobody has a 100% win rate after 1000 battles. But I know your tendency to lean into the thickest part of the hedge and you definitely need to curb that tendency down in low tiers to stay alive longer so you can smash potatoes and get those wins.

 

 

Edited by _ENO_

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,114
Members
5,789 posts
11,639 battles
9 hours ago, IfYouSeeKhaos said:

I've never seen 2 div fails on the same team before w/out at least 1 on the other...got a screenshot of that?

Looked thru the list too quick last night - we had one fail div the other team had the other. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
398
[PHD]
Members
2,009 posts
7,779 battles

Tier four does not add xp to get containers,  I think, so playing is discouraged somewhat. 

I do like venturing there in CoOp with my Yubari. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
205
[WOLF4]
Members
896 posts
12,339 battles

The nice thing about T4 is that if you are a good player, you have a real opportunity to influence the match outcome.

The same can't be said of TIX and X - if you get stuck on a bad team, it's pretty much an assured loss.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,181
[DPG]
Members
2,106 posts
11,950 battles
3 hours ago, GrayPanther2018 said:

Tier four does not add xp to get containers,  I think, so playing is discouraged somewhat. 

I do like venturing there in CoOp with my Yubari. 

Yes, it does.  There are no tier restrictions on the XP gained for the daily containers.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
398
[PHD]
Members
2,009 posts
7,779 battles
2 hours ago, Amenhir said:

Yes, it does.  There are no tier restrictions on the XP gained for the daily containers.

Right, I had it confused with mission earnings which, usually require T5 or above, otherwise I would play it more.  But I do get tired of the Big Race map.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,181
[DPG]
Members
2,106 posts
11,950 battles
38 minutes ago, GrayPanther2018 said:

Right, I had it confused with mission earnings which, usually require T5 or above, otherwise I would play it more.  But I do get tired of the Big Race map.

True dat.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,114
Members
5,789 posts
11,639 battles

Ugh - higher tiers no better...  Telling the team that the A cap is nearly devoid of ships because 3/4th of hte red team is with you at C means...... do a full "Sir Robin" and flee A with a CA and 2 BBs.  Then watch as the other caps get taken by the reds.  Just a total joke anymore, not even remotely trying to do the new Directives.  2-3 games and I am done most nights..

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,313
[0456]
Members
3,824 posts
10,091 battles
33 minutes ago, CylonRed said:

Ugh - higher tiers no better...  Telling the team that the A cap is nearly devoid of ships because 3/4th of hte red team is with you at C means...... do a full "Sir Robin" and flee A with a CA and 2 BBs.  Then watch as the other caps get taken by the reds.  Just a total joke anymore, not even remotely trying to do the new Directives.  2-3 games and I am done most nights..

Yeah that’s about what I have in me too most nights. Even if I’m on a winning streak I’ll hang it up so I end on a high note instead of pushing my luck. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×