Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
coop2168

Game loads but nothing loads in port, and when I enter a game, no ships load other than mine..

21 comments in this topic

[1STSF]
[1STSF]
Members
9 posts
2,398 battles

So, about a month ago, or a few weeks ago. Ive been getting a problem where when I load into the game, nothing loads in port. The ship icons don't, nor does the port it self. I can't go to settings either because it will just light up and stay like that till I press ESC again. if I try to switch to operations, or Co-op battles, I just see little lines, or what makes it glow when you choose the operation. I can still play in matches and load into them just fine. But when I load into the match. There is no ships. Even if they are range. My secondaries fire, and they "hit" something. Which is invisible for me. 

My specs 

Nvidea GTX-1660

16gb of ram

Windows OS

Intel core I5-2400 (quad core)

An Optiplex 990 Motherboard 

I am starting to think its a GPU problem or a PSU problem. 

Ive tried countless things also like

:Restarting computer

:Checked if everything is in correctly

:Restarted Wows

:Reinstalling Wows

:Powering off my PC completely

:checking for malware and etc 

And countless other things.. Please help 

[1STSF]
[1STSF]
Members
9 posts
2,398 battles

And I just want to points this out, my computer is getting.. kinda old. I got in 2018 and had a few replacements. My mobo got replaced a few months ago because I was stupid enough to break a microphone plugin in the place where I plug it in.. And a GPU swap. Im pretty sure its a PSU problem but I cant really figure it out.

[WOLF9]
Privateers
14,750 posts
4,733 battles

There's nothing at all wrong with your computer.  Run WGCheck in the WGC.

[PVE]
Members
6,891 posts
22,587 battles
8 minutes ago, coop2168 said:

And I just want to points this out, my computer is getting.. kinda old. I got in 2018 and had a few replacements. My mobo got replaced a few months ago because I was stupid enough to break a microphone plugin in the place where I plug it in.. And a GPU swap. Im pretty sure its a PSU problem but I cant really figure it out.

Have you tried a 10 minute no power (unplugged) to pc/modem/& server?

If...

6 minutes ago, iDuckman said:

There's nothing at all wrong with your computer.  Run WGCheck in the WGC.

...that doesn't work try my suggestion (if you haven't already) then try iDuckman's suggestion again.

If those don't work it's contact support time.

Edited by IfYouSeeKhaos

[WORX]
Members
11,351 posts
19,037 battles
3 minutes ago, coop2168 said:

I dont think so... I am leaning more to a graphics problem... So I would if I were in your situation

• Check my physical gear
    • wires
    • connections
    • Anything that connects to something to transmit data to give your gear the ability
  • Check my gear set up..
    • This means returning my gear to default mode if I can't remember OR not certain, the changes I did were helpful or harmful.

Sometimes a faulty component will cause other and overall performance to drop.

[1STSF]
[1STSF]
Members
9 posts
2,398 battles
Just now, IfYouSeeKhaos said:

Have you tried a 5 minute no power (unplugged) to pc/modem/& server?

Yes I have actually.

[PVE]
Members
6,891 posts
22,587 battles
Just now, coop2168 said:

Yes I have actually.

Then I direct you to NP:

2 minutes ago, Navalpride33 said:

I dont think so... I am leaning more to a graphics problem... So I would if I were in your situation

• Check my physical gear
    • wires
    • connections
    • Anything that connects to something to transmit data to give your gear the ability
  • Check my gear set up..
    • This means returning my gear to default mode if I can't remember OR not certain, the changes I did were helpful or harmful.

As he is where I got my suggestion from & my actual techie-ness is wholly hypothetical based on that suggestion & ends after that.

• Haha 1

[1STSF]
[1STSF]
Members
9 posts
2,398 battles
7 minutes ago, Navalpride33 said:

• Check my physical gear
    • wires
    • connections
  • Check my gear set up..

I know this might make me sound stupid and all, but what do you mean by "Check my gear set up". Im new to posting stuff like this on forums so yeah...

[WORX]
Members
11,351 posts
19,037 battles
7 minutes ago, coop2168 said:

I know this might make me sound stupid and all, but what do you mean by "Check my gear set up". Im new to posting stuff like this on forums so yeah...

After you verified your physical computer components are installed correctly... 

Check your gear setup means. Check the PC's software for EVERYTHING to make sure you dont have a faulty component

• Configured wrong
  • Installed wrong
  • updated wrong.
  • Downloaded wrong.

Basically anything that you done to tweak or to adjust to maximize performance.. Reset it back to the default configuration.

Edited by Navalpride33

[WOLF5]
Alpha Tester, In AlfaTesters, Beta Testers
2,927 posts
46,668 battles

Are you running any mods?

[WORX]
Members
11,351 posts
19,037 battles
4 minutes ago, Princess_Daystar said:

Could be the patch failing to install all the files like it should have?

WGC check and repair and a restart would've fixed that... This is a month long problem not a recent one.

Edited by Navalpride33

[1STSF]
[1STSF]
Members
9 posts
2,398 battles
7 minutes ago, Navalpride33 said:

After you verified your physical computer components are installed correctly... 

Check your gear setup means. Check the PC's software for EVERYTHING to make sure you dont have a faulty component

• Configured wrong
  • Installed wrong
  • updated wrong.
  • Downloaded wrong.

Basically anything that you done to tweak or to adjust to maximize performance.. Reset it back to the default configuration.

So basically anything that ive done in the Nvidea Control panel, and the ingame settings?

[WORX]
Members
11,351 posts
19,037 battles
9 minutes ago, coop2168 said:

So basically anything that ive done in the Nvidea Control panel, and the ingame settings?

I dont know bro, I dont know what you done in the past month lol. :Smile_hiding:

All I am suggestion, just to rule out what you stated in your very first post. Reinstall everything back to default mode.. AND I would never suggest to use NVIDIA's "in game" experience with wows.

Edited by Navalpride33

[1STSF]
[1STSF]
Members
9 posts
2,398 battles
30 minutes ago, Navalpride33 said:

I dont know bro, I dont know what you done in the past month lol. :Smile_hiding:

All I am suggestion, just to rule out what you stated in your very first post. Reinstall everything back to default mode.. AND I would never suggest to use NVIDIA's "in game" experience with wows.

So this did work.. However I still can't see enemy warships even if they in range.. also my sound cuts out randomly.. I did just check my audio driver, which is now up to date.. still cuts out randomly sometimes.

[PVE]
Members
6,891 posts
22,587 battles
4 minutes ago, coop2168 said:

So this did work.. However I still can't see enemy warships even if they in range.. also my sound cuts out randomly.. I did just check my audio driver, which is now up to date.. still cuts out randomly sometimes.

Are you running CVs when that happens...there have been a multitude of threads about CV sounds having issues for awhile now?

Edited by IfYouSeeKhaos

[WORX]
Members
11,351 posts
19,037 battles

I did just check my audio driver, which is now up to date.. still cuts out randomly sometimes.

Could be a speaker issue... If you have external speakers to redirect (by Bluetooth) to check the sound, that would trouble shoot that.

However I still can't see enemy warships even if they in range.

Ok lets recap...

Did you check the physical components of your PC- This means did you check

• Every wires
  • Connections

Anything else plugged in or out of any component, were connected and installed correctly ?

Edited by Navalpride33

[1STSF]
[1STSF]
Members
9 posts
2,398 battles
Just now, IfYouSeeKhaos said:

Are you running CVs when that happens...there have been a multitude of threads about CV sounds having issues for awhile now?

No, IM either running a CA, BB. (Ca being a cruiser)

Edited by coop2168

[1STSF]
[1STSF]
Members
9 posts
2,398 battles
1 minute ago, Navalpride33 said:

Could be a speaker issue... If you have external speakers to redirect to check the sound, that would trouble shoot that.

Ok lets recap...

Did you check the physical components of your PC- This means did you check

• Every wires
  • Connections

Anything else plugin or out of were connected and installed correctly ?

Everything was installed correctly, wires, connections, everything..  Also Im using some earbuds atm, however before using ear buds (like yesterday) I still had the problem with my headphones

Also I can't see enemies either.. (even If I have someone else spot them they do not come up for me)

Edited by coop2168

[WORX]
Members
11,351 posts
19,037 battles
1 minute ago, coop2168 said:

Everything was installed correctly, wires, connections, everything..  Also Im using some earbuds atm, however before using ear buds (like yesterday) I still had the problem with my headphones

Try a small external speaker with Bluetooth. That can be a good way to trouble shoot the sound issue.

3 minutes ago, coop2168 said:

Everything was installed correctly,

DId you configure every PC component on the software side of your PC?This means

• Checking you have correct software for each component.
  • DL the correct drivers
    • This means for Nvidia, MANUALLY installing them with the clean install box check.
      • Uninstalling Nvidia's "in game" experience.

Sign in to follow this