Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
Firewalk

Poltava / Yuudachi - Possible Return?

8 comments in this topic

[DMGS]
Members
64 posts
6,082 battles

Any idea if either of those ships might return to the premium shop? They got pulled alongside Cheshire and Champagne so I kinda figured they’d get a week of sale time as well but that hasn’t happened yet.

I would like the Poltava in particular. And yes, I know she’s weird for a Soviet BB. I kinda have a thing for oddball ships.

[SALVO]
Members
25,520 posts
27,523 battles

I can't recommend the Yudachi. It's one of the worst premium DDs in the game.  While its torps have long range, they're relatively slow and very easy to detect, and thus very easy to avoid.

I don't know what it is with the Devs, but for some reason they seem to have a hate on when it comes to making premium IJN DDs.  They keep making premium IJN DDs that are sooooo over-gimmicked that they're usually terrible.  Oh, there are some good ones.  The tier 8 HSF Harekaze is a nice DD, and its gimmick (the three different gun choices) doesn't get in the way of the Harekaze being a decent torpedo DD.  And the Shinonome is a pretty good T6 premium, though it's only available by completing one of the early campaigns.  I'll even go so far as to say that the Hayate is a fairly decent tier 10 "special" premium.  (I think that it underperforms because she really needs to have a few tenths of a kilometer knocked off her Concealment range, but otherwise, she's decent enough.  Oh, I suppose that she'd be better if her torp reload wasn't quite so high.)  The best thing to be said for the Hayate is that she plays like a fairly normal IJN DD and isn't really gimmicked up (unless one wants to say that her 127mm guns' faster reload and rotation rates is a gimmick). 

As for the Poltava, I have her but don't play her as much as I should.  She seems OK overall though.  Not overly gimmicked.  Just a pretty normal tier 7 premium BB.  

[PHD]
Members
1,703 posts
7,045 battles

Yuduchi may be back but in some event like the Yahagi is in the next dockyard event. Unless WG waits until people forget how bad it is. Also as a Christmas crate stuffer. 

Well it's not "bad" just very meh with the torps it has.

The Asashio can be interesting and "fun" but some matches you have to make yourself useful in different ways. 

[ARC]
Members
1,011 posts
11,200 battles
38 minutes ago, Firewalk said:

Any idea if either of those ships might return to the premium shop? They got pulled alongside Cheshire and Champagne so I kinda figured they’d get a week of sale time as well but that hasn’t happened yet.

I would like the Poltava in particular. And yes, I know she’s weird for a Soviet BB. I kinda have a thing for oddball ships.

Those specials went out because no other premium ships were ready. If this continues, they will probably continue to offer them.

They are not that good tho, I have Yudachi and, while the ship can perform, she definitely is not a competitive ship. There are some ships asking for some love from WG's balancing department, and those are the critical cases.

[ARGSY]
Members
21,733 posts
15,778 battles
1 hour ago, Firewalk said:

They got pulled alongside Cheshire and Champagne so I kinda figured they’d get a week of sale time as well but that hasn’t happened yet.

Halloween and such got in the way, but I don't doubt they'll be back before too long.

I wouldn't get Yuudachi unless I was very familiar with and enjoyed the Shiratsuyu A LOT. She is probably the one ship right now that I sit and scratch my head and ask myself whether I should have done that. I tell myself that I wanted to see what the fuss was all about, one way or the other, but I'm not sure if she gets left in port because so many other things piled in and distracted me or because I decided that she really was not, after all, a good bargain. But that one's on me, and I bought her with eyes wide open and aware of all her shortcomings.

Edited by Ensign_Cthulhu

[CO-OP]
Members
2,057 posts
26,129 battles

Poltava was in the Premium shop not too long ago, so she is making the rounds.  Didn't notice the Yudachi, but I wasn't really interested in her, so I may have just missed it.  Both will likely be available in the Christmas crates 

Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
7,026 posts
27,537 battles

I go the Poltava from the KotS container.

She is okish. 

The Yuudachi was only brought to the game because of the "Poi". Most reviews were terrible. 

[DMGS]
Members
64 posts
6,082 battles

I have heard the mixed feedback on these ships and I’m going in fully aware of it.

Yudachi i could settle for if I get her in a Christmas crate but Poltava I’d like to buy. When they pulled her I was already hitting my budget limit and couldn’t bring myself to grab it last second.

Sign in to follow this