You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
Zenn3k

What class do you like playing the least?

What class do you like playing the least?  

107 members have voted

1. 1. What class do you enjoy playing the least? Feel free to explain why.

• Destroyer
    • Cruiser
    • Battleship
    • Aircraft Carrier
    • Bacon

59 comments in this topic

[-BUI-]
Members
2,338 posts
6,345 battles

For me the answer is Cruiser, without question.    I haven't found a cruiser I enjoy playing since the IFHE rework ruined my favorite cruiser, Boise (NDJ)...Stalingrad is the closest and ONLY cruiser I'll play at the moment, but even that ship just seems to melt the instant its seen, everyone focuses Stalingrad so hard its sorta unplayable.   

My biggest issue is how squishy they are, they cannot take incoming fire, one random unavoidable citadel from across the map and you're basically done.    You have to either have a smoke cruiser (which is still dangerous if your opponents are purple), have something that can hug islands, or stay at absolute max range....if you don't do one of those things, you just instantly die, firing your guns means your Priority Target jumps instantly to 5+ and you are force to go dark and not shoot to avoid that.     As I mentioned, the IFHE rework ruined a lot of cruisers that depended on it, namely my favorite cruiser, the T7 Boise.    It NEED IFHE to do any damage to the ships it sees...but then it has no fire chance, its ruined either way.   

I find myself NEVER picking cruiser, I'd rather be invisible in a DD, tanky in a BB, or hitting you with planes than forced to do the cruiser dance at the edge of bloom detection.

How do you feel?

• Cool 1

[K0]
Members
206 posts
4,668 battles

CV just feels like another game entirely. The only BBs I enjoy are Secondary Builds. I used to be a DD main but have recently gotten good at Cruiser play. If you are challenged by cruiser tactics try the KM line. They are well rounded generalists with superior survivability to other lines.

• Cool 1

Members
397 posts
6,204 battles

CV. 

very abstract from the other classes of ships. Flying planes around the map via keyboard is very unappealing to me. I could get behind it with a joystick remote maybe if that’s even a thing. 

DD gets second, but that’s just a lack of experiments and want to run around like an ADHD second grader trying not to die. 

• Cool 1

[-BUI-]
Members
2,338 posts
6,345 battles
3 minutes ago, Princess_Daystar said:

blur effect.

Huh?   What Blur effect?    Are your running on low graphics settings?   I have no clue what you are referring too.

[-BUI-]
Members
2,338 posts
6,345 battles
Just now, DocWalker said:

Simple ... CVs.   My statistics in carriers ...

cv.jpg

Umm, okay...you hate playing something...you've never played....

Feels like people are just trying to turn this into another CV hate thread...

• Boring 1

[NMKJT]
Members
2,750 posts
7,889 battles

CVs. With RTS, the controls were just too janky, although they seemed interesting, so I was waiting for WG to fix that (they never did lol). The action CVs from rework aren't very entertaining in general, so the ones I do have I pretty much never touch. I might try to play them more someday, but meh.

Edited by MnemonScarlet

[DMGS]
Members
58 posts
6,014 battles

DDs for me. I don’t dislike them, but I find them them disproportionately hard to play past tier VI. I just lack the instincts to know what to do at any given time like I would in a BB or CL. If I die in either of those I usually know why, with DDs I often feel clueless as to what my fatal mistake was.

[FOXY]
Members
1,137 posts
5,394 battles
5 minutes ago, Zenn3k said:

Huh?   What Blur effect?    Are your running on low graphics settings?   I have no clue what you are referring too.

Max graphic settings actually. its there when going fast.

[SALVO]
Members
5,188 posts
4,493 battles
8 minutes ago, Zenn3k said:

How do you feel?

I love cruisers, the game experience varies wildly between different ships and lines, many are squishy but that's part of the challenge and fun of playing them.

DDs are a blast too, but in the end the differences in playstyle between ship/lines are more subtle, excepting some extreme cases, any DD plays following the same basic rules. 

BBs are the more boring to play, also the less challenged. Don't get me wrong, they are also fun in their own way but imo more boring compared to the other 2 classes.

CVs are a different game, one I'm not really interested atm.

• Cool 1

[ASRN]
Beta Testers
707 posts
6,709 battles

As much as I love the history of naval aviation irl (still waiting for Saratoga & Yorktown btw),  playing as a CV driver in this game doesn't feel very sporting.

• Cool 3

[WOLF9]
Privateers
14,796 posts
4,733 battles

I'm okay with carriers.  I just suck in them. 

DDs can be a blast, but I find them exhausting.

No real least favorite, so:

776627236_Bakedbacon.thumb.jpg.f03f4aaf2216e97c4c68cbd5e9b9888c.jpg

• Cool 2

[ICO]
Members
59 posts
1,682 battles

CVs...

I gravitated naturally to Cruisers when I first started out and kind of locked myself into only playing cruisers in Randoms because of how tricky that already was to get a handle on and not wanting to hop into some new class and be completely clueless (I'm not "great" in cruisers by any stretch, but at least in T7/8 I've never been yelled at during matches or messaged after for doing something dumb [like I used to be frequently in T5/6], even get some karma points here and there and gradually working towards whatever 15 x top xp earners in T8/+ battles german achievement ribbon thing). Probably my favorite class hands down and the one I'm most comfortable in.

Started grinding up some BB/DD lines in co-op purely for the sake of fulfilling class locked T5/+ mission/directive reqs. Ended up enjoying both quite a bit, and certainly dipped into asymmetric battles (low pressure/more motivation since novel mode and no stat tracking!) quite a bit with T5/6 BB/DDs and had a great time. Also found them very enjoyable for operations and they were a nice shake up from previously only doing cruisers all the time for everything. 

CVs I just can't wrap my head around, I've got about 20 games in co-op with my hosho... ~20k damage average. I'm very good at going pink in it (I go pink playing CV much more often vs other classes, fortunately it's just co-op and *USUALLY* bots that I'm accidentally friendly firing) with torpedo drops. Haven't achieved base competence to have any confidence to take it to Randoms, the fact that it doesn't fulfill any T5/+ missing/directive/daily requirements also doesn't motivate me to play it much in co-op to learn it more. I've considered just fxping past it and then buy and actually try learn the T6 (since it meets mission reqs I'll play it more for sure, at least trying for daily wins etc...) and have it available for operations too, but always end up choosing to spend those credits on other ships/modules/upgrades instead. Also when I first got my hosho I watched some youtube video about how to play CVs and it was referencing the old RTS system which went away before I even started playing the game and I was pretty hyped for it and kind of confused when I loaded into first game and only had the squadron control mode so that soured the whole thing a bit going in.

[S0L0]
[S0L0]
Alpha Tester, In AlfaTesters
4,668 posts
7,060 battles

BBs for me... most of the time I just feel like a helpless pile of HPs for red players to farm..  Sure you can do a lot of damage.   I guess I just need a bit more speed & activity..  I suppose that's why  I enjoy CVs & DDs the most?   

[TBW]
Members
10,565 posts
18,071 battles

I have 214 battles in CVs in both Random and Coop combined and that's out of 17,484 battles. Most of those were before the rework.

Edited by Sovereigndawg

[IMP]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
309 posts
5,357 battles

Torpedo DDs, the only DDs I quite like are the gunboats (Khaba, Harugumo lines) or the semi-gunboats (Daring line), I just can't do well in torpedo-focused DDs. I feel like I must learn one day tho.

[ANKER]
Members
366 posts
6,327 battles

:cap_like:CV's

I don't  enjoy doing easy  Farming Damage/Kills...Too OP :cap_win:

BUT i love Watching those planes Fly around ..they are so beautiful .

[YARRR]
Members
735 posts
5,955 battles

Well, beyond the fact that I have never played a carrier, and never will, of the ships I do play it's DDs hands down.

Their frantic play style doesn't sit will with someone my age...  Same reason I gave up on first person twitch shooters.  And besides, I hate energy drinks.

• Cool 1

[WOLFG]
Members
10,504 posts
9,806 battles
54 minutes ago, Zenn3k said:

Umm, okay...you hate playing something...you've never played....

Feels like people are just trying to turn this into another CV hate thread...

Maybe not.  I have the exact same number of games as Doc, but I took them out in the training room after winning various ships.

While they don't make me physically ill, a case of deceleration trauma to my frontal lobe as a child has caused me to lose my way during the turning maneuver with the planes.  When I am twisting and turning, I go like this.  

Image result for spaceballs gunners

• Funny 1

SuperTest Coordinator, Beta Testers
6,431 posts
11,520 battles

I just feel like Carriers remove too much of the risk out of the risk/reward portion. If you're in a BB, you're always at risk of getting torped. In those planes, the only thing you need to worry about is AA and it never feels quite dangerous.

• Cool 1
  • Thanks 1

Members
312 posts
5,533 battles

I would say BBs. I feel a pretty big lack of control especially when fighting DDs and CVs, and for some odd reason every time I play them my team's DDs die in the first few minutes and there is nothing I can do but run. If you are out of position it also really hurts your team. Accuracy is also annoying, and so are overpens.

1 hour ago, Princess_Daystar said:

Carriers, i get physically sick playing them due to the wonky aircraft controls, camera angle and blur effect.

Especially so after the recent changes, but I can't deny their usefulness.