Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
Shomaruki

As a Carrier Main (Input)

13 comments in this topic

Recommended Posts

36
[PISD]
Members
27 posts
539 battles

Before I go on this long post I want to simply point out I been playing CV ever since planes were all tactical format. (Basically I could send bombers one direction and torps in another, and then some fighters to chase after another set of planes.) Personally back in that day I was able to guard my teammates, scout the maps, and also be offensive. It made the game feel like Starcraft and Chest had a baby. Because I was fighting mostly the other CV over tactical awareness with also assistance to my teammates. (Basically CV vs CV )

 

With the rework where we now we pretty much are just commanding a single set of planes (didn't mind this)  I can't micromanage on the scale I wanted do. Example: I use to be able to just send my fighters all over one side of the map and literally defend  teammates while I could be on the offensive. (That's been removed to where I have to fly a unit over then request a patrol. The only downside to this?-the other CV commander knows when I do this and can simply fly around it. So it's not much as a defense as it is a delay.

 

Rocket Planes: Yes I know every DD player that I have killed with Rockets has literally called me everything in the book.  Back in the day before I could actually control my planes manually I DID catch hell if a DD was able to sneak up on me. Unless I manually shifted lunch torps  into their smoke there was literally no way in hell I was going to kill a dd back in the day. Fast forward towards today stands, DDs are pissy because I can now kill them because they assume they are fast an agile they are immune to not getting hit by me. My favorite complaint is when assume I am a hacking because they were standing in the same spot in smoke and I just hit that sweet spot on them. 

 

In no form or way I am a professional CV, but I can say I am a well experienced one.  90% of all my kills on other ships have came from them literally being solos or someone my teammate was already shooting up. I start my games every time by scouting and getting like 6-8 spotting tags then follow up by just flying around giving vision for my teammates and after we pick out a target I start torps just to get them to turn towards my team so they can hit him while they are exposed and repeat. 

 

I don't see why people hate on CVS as much as they do, I switch between my Sai and Kaga(just got) and some ships DO eat the sht out of my planes. Then again there are other ships I can cruise through them and literally go for 2-3 runs without worry about my planes.

  • Cool 2
  • Haha 2
  • Boring 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Members
155 posts
2,111 battles
1 hour ago, Shomaruki said:

Before I go on this long post I want to simply point out I been playing CV ever since planes were all tactical format. (Basically I could send bombers one direction and torps in another, and then some fighters to chase after another set of planes.) Personally back in that day I was able to guard my teammates, scout the maps, and also be offensive. It made the game feel like Starcraft and Chest had a baby. Because I was fighting mostly the other CV over tactical awareness with also assistance to my teammates. (Basically CV vs CV )

 

With the rework where we now we pretty much are just commanding a single set of planes (didn't mind this)  I can't micromanage on the scale I wanted do. Example: I use to be able to just send my fighters all over one side of the map and literally defend  teammates while I could be on the offensive. (That's been removed to where I have to fly a unit over then request a patrol. The only downside to this?-the other CV commander knows when I do this and can simply fly around it. So it's not much as a defense as it is a delay.

 

Rocket Planes: Yes I know every DD player that I have killed with Rockets has literally called me everything in the book.  Back in the day before I could actually control my planes manually I DID catch hell if a DD was able to sneak up on me. Unless I manually shifted lunch torps  into their smoke there was literally no way in hell I was going to kill a dd back in the day. Fast forward towards today stands, DDs are pissy because I can now kill them because they assume they are fast an agile they are immune to not getting hit by me. My favorite complaint is when assume I am a hacking because they were standing in the same spot in smoke and I just hit that sweet spot on them. 

 

In no form or way I am a professional CV, but I can say I am a well experienced one.  90% of all my kills on other ships have came from them literally being solos or someone my teammate was already shooting up. I start my games every time by scouting and getting like 6-8 spotting tags then follow up by just flying around giving vision for my teammates and after we pick out a target I start torps just to get them to turn towards my team so they can hit him while they are exposed and repeat. 

 

I don't see why people hate on CVS as much as they do, I switch between my Sai and Kaga(just got) and some ships DO eat the sht out of my planes. Then again there are other ships I can cruise through them and literally go for 2-3 runs without worry about my planes.

I like that fact that not like the past where you sent and computer did the work, you have to do that yourself and you can control your drops.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Members
3,420 posts
40,773 battles

The average CV player before RTS logged more than 8k battles. 

So either this is the NA account or you were really busy the last 5 years. 

To be honest, if you want to make a point OP, then do it in person and not from an anonymous account. 

Because players will get the wrong idea. That, is my advice to you.

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Members
155 posts
2,111 battles
Just now, 9TenSix2Eight said:

:cap_old: CV's the Most OP Class so pls understand why players hate it .

 

End Of Story :cap_like:

 

CVs are far from OP as you like to say. They have their play and support their team. What most don't like is the fact they too do as any dd has done is spot as well make people constantly change up to get their damage . Where is the past most abused being able to run un-spotted  and wall of skill to their advantage.  Most know the spotter plane is a joke so they didn't have to worry about it being in the air. CV has leveled that playing field so they will never be liked by such players.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19
[I_K_U]
[I_K_U]
Members
49 posts
3,537 battles
54 minutes ago, 9TenSix2Eight said:

:cap_old: CV's the Most OP Class so pls understand why players hate it .

 

End Of Story :cap_like:

 

Question: Have you even played carriers both pre and post patch? Because it seems to me that your just grasping at straws. You can't just call something over powered without having proof, anyone who actually has played carriers would know that there is no such thing. Yes there are balance issues, there will allways be some here and there.  If anything the current iteration neutered the carriers with the only Advantage advantage of being added is the fact that you can literally sit there and now more accurately hit Destroyers.

  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
36
[PISD]
Members
27 posts
539 battles
50 minutes ago, motleytanker said:

I like that fact that not like the past where you sent and computer did the work, you have to do that yourself and you can control your drops.

True, I do think the shift torping bombs was a justified change because I could literally 4 torp one side, and 4 torp the other side of someone and it was instant kill XD. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
964
[PISD]
Members
1,498 posts
5,719 battles
8 minutes ago, hammerfall314 said:

If anything the current iteration neutered the carriers with the only Advantage advantage of being added is the fact that you can literally sit there and now more accurately hit Destroyers.

Well, I remember the glorious ''Cross drop'' that would dev strike DD, something that do not happens anymore. Or being Dev strike by a Graff Zeppelin in my Tirpitz. Fun times.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
36
[PISD]
Members
27 posts
539 battles
1 hour ago, 9TenSix2Eight said:

:cap_old: CV's the Most OP Class so pls understand why players hate it .

 

End Of Story :cap_like:

 

How about this you play CV and I'll even play a dd and tell you my location at the start. I want to see how well you would be able to sink me.

  • Cool 1
  • Boring 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
225
[SWOLF]
Beta Testers
791 posts
7,620 battles
2 hours ago, SteelRain_Rifleman said:

The average CV player before RTS logged more than 8k battles. 

So either this is the NA account or you were really busy the last 5 years. 

To be honest, if you want to make a point OP, then do it in person and not from an anonymous account. 

Because players will get the wrong idea. That, is my advice to you.

perhaps press on his account before making such an accusation - the majority of their games are pre rework CV's. they just dont play many games. it took me literally 3 clicks to find this information.... your assumptions without making the BARE MINIMUM of effort to fact check yourself is rather disappointing....

  • Thanks 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Members
3,420 posts
40,773 battles
21 hours ago, GX9900A said:

perhaps press on his account before making such an accusation - the majority of their games are pre rework CV's. they just dont play many games. it took me literally 3 clicks to find this information.... your assumptions without making the BARE MINIMUM of effort to fact check yourself is rather disappointing....

455 battles dude. That is really low. I can divide that by 5 years and that is what, 91 a year?

 

252 battles in CVs, so 50 games a year?

This player stopped playing a long time ago.

So don't give me that.

It's not the first time players stop playing. They come back when they get an email.

But they also just open another account because they got frustrated by the game and decided to play later on.

Resetting an account. There is more than one way.

How a player does it is doesn't matter.

But if you do, don't use your old account as your sound board because you probably can't use your main account on here because you got..ahem..punished.

I am very skeptical of some posts because some are fishy.

And any player needs to be wary of the obvious and also the subtle ways of manipulated influence of players.

If you got an issue with mechanics of the game, or lament RTS, hate the new BBs, etc?

Well state your case. Show screen shots, replays, and other things with WG CMs. They can relay your information (information, not opinions) to the devs and CS.

Being passionate about the game is not a crime, but being deceptive in pushing an agenda is.

Be an advocate for improvement of the game, and not the flame thrower criticism often seen on Reddit.

When I am not happy with something, I just tell WG what's wrong, ask to fix, and don't sail the ships until issue is resolved.

It's no point in sailing a ship that is crap and it makes you miserable. Only sail ships you enjoy. 

When WG resolves the issues and announces the changes, then that is the point at which you try the ship again.

 

Edited by SteelRain_Rifleman
  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
197
[ANKER]
Members
368 posts
6,366 battles
11 hours ago, SteelRain_Rifleman said:

455 battles dude. That is really low. I can divide that by 5 years and that is what, 91 a year?

 

252 battles in CVs, so 50 games a year?

This player stopped playing a long time ago.

So don't give me that.

It's not the first time players stop playing. They come back when they get an email.

But they also just open another account because they got frustrated by the game and decided to play later on.

Resetting an account. There is more than one way.

How a player does it is doesn't matter.

But if you do, don't use your old account as your sound board because you probably can't use your main account on here because you got..ahem..punished.

I am very skeptical of some posts because some are fishy.

And any player needs to be wary of the obvious and also the subtle ways of manipulated influence of players.

If you got an issue with mechanics of the game, or lament RTS, hate the new BBs, etc?

Well state your case. Show screen shots, replays, and other things with WG CMs. They can relay your information (information, not opinions) to the devs and CS.

Being passionate about the game is not a crime, but being deceptive in pushing an agenda is.

Be an advocate for improvement of the game, and not the flame thrower criticism often seen on Reddit.

When I am not happy with something, I just tell WG what's wrong, ask to fix, and don't sail the ships until issue is resolved.

It's no point in sailing a ship that is crap and it makes you miserable. Only sail ships you enjoy. 

When WG resolves the issues and announces the changes, then that is the point at which you try the ship again.

 

True 

Anyways  just  ignore  them    don't  go   down   on   that  level  :cat_bubble:you  have  already  30k  battles  under  you :cap_like:

Having a argument against  a CV  main is  such a lost of resource.

Let's  just  enjoy  the  game   :cap_win:

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Sign in to follow this  

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×