You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
Hapa_Fodder

Premium Shop: Oklahoma for Collection

34 comments in this topic

[WG]
Administrator, Developers, Community Department, WG Staff, In AlfaTesters
4,017 posts
14,396 battles

Welcome our new American battleship and Halloween Commanders!

Read it on the portal
  • Sad 1
  • Meh 1

[VORTX]
Members
402 posts
6,252 battles
5 minutes ago, SilverPhatShips said:

Don't think many are excited for this one I don't know why

$5 per crate on a ship that should retail for $20 probably has a lot to do with it 🤷‍♂️😬

• Cool 2

[SRPH]
[SRPH]
Members
1,115 posts
4,173 battles
49 minutes ago, Pirate_Named_Bob said:

$5 per crate on a ship that should retail for $20 probably has a lot to do with it 🤷‍♂️😬

Plus at $5 per crate, other events gave you a chance to win a premium ship at that price...this one you might get some FXP or coal, but nothing you can't earn by playing for a few days. Reminds me of when ice cream manufacturers changed the shape of the carton to hold less product but the price stayed the same...

• Funny 1

[ARGSY]
Members
21,632 posts
15,672 battles
1 hour ago, Lancelot0001 said:

I saw a few people buy these containers just for coal.

Yeah, some people think the other content is worth the money (their call; I generally disagree), and if it helps them towards the ship (or whatever else the tokens are for in a given event), that's just icing on the cake. 

I agree it's not the way I'd want to guarantee myself this ship. The only reason would be to be able to do videos as a CC (but I think the CC's have probably all been given her anyway as part of their privileges) or if you were angling to become one/are a hardcore monetized streamer and wanted to write the costs of buying the containers off as a business expense. 

• Meh 1

[HELLS]
Members
2,729 posts
28,866 battles

Why pay when you can get it for free anyway? Just do the grind. I won't pay for this ship but if i have time to get it free, I'll take it as collection completed reward. Historical interest only for me....

[-K-]
Members
8,491 posts
14,883 battles

If we buy it up front, do we get doubloons as compensation once its earned?

• Cool 1

[GWG]
Members
7,215 posts
13,981 battles

Some folks feel better about donating money to their favorite hobby.

And it's not a lot of money we are talking about.

Think about all the things you have around the house that you paid money for...  a $200 picture, a $50 custom toilet seat cover...   

It their money.  Let them spend it how they wish.

• Cool 1

[MR-1]
[MR-1]
Members
1,439 posts
20,395 battles

well i bought  a few crates for the camo, free exp;s ,coal and signals  mostly . as for the ship   it will be tied up  in port next to kansas   and sit there 

• Cool 1
  • Meh 1

[HINON]
[HINON]
Members
8,283 posts
12,162 battles

"Welcome our new American Battleship" to what? the scrap heap? thats about all itd be good for with how trash WG made it

[CRF]
Members
865 posts
8,499 battles

Early American BB's were slow, but once the USN doctrine focus shifted to CV's, the bbs were designed to stay up with the carriers.  These new slow BBs would not have been built...

[RLGN]
Members
14,886 posts
26,419 battles
6 hours ago, Ensign_Cthulhu said:

Yeah, some people think the other content is worth the money (their call; I generally disagree), and if it helps them towards the ship (or whatever else the tokens are for in a given event), that's just icing on the cake. 

I agree it's not the way I'd want to guarantee myself this ship. The only reason would be to be able to do videos as a CC (but I think the CC's have probably all been given her anyway as part of their privileges) or if you were angling to become one/are a hardcore monetized streamer and wanted to write the costs of buying the containers off as a business expense. 

Bought five of the containers to get the collection started, but likely won’t get any more unless I get desperate near the end.

However much it sucks; I wrote a short history about USS Oklahoma once as a casual exercise, and I live in Oklahoma, so I want it.

• Cool 2

[CRF]
Members
865 posts
8,499 battles
1 hour ago, Estimated_Prophet said:

Bought five of the containers to get the collection started, but likely won’t get any more unless I get desperate near the end.

However much it sucks; I wrote a short history about USS Oklahoma once as a casual exercise, and I live in Oklahoma, so I want it.

Different people want a ship for different reasons, and sentimental reasons are just fine.  Take Mikasa for instance - more of a Meme ship than anything else, but she exists in real life and has a bit of history behind her, and is quite the pretty ship.  then you have Enterprise, Arizona, Indianapolis, etc....  No one needs to troll a player for wanting a ship for those reasons...or for spending real money to get her.

Edited by sonoasailor
  • Cool 1

[RLGN]
Members
14,886 posts
26,419 battles
33 minutes ago, sonoasailor said:

Different people want a ship for different reasons, and sentimental reasons are just fine.  Take Mikasa for instance - more of a Meme ship than anything else, but she exists in real life and has a bit of history behind her, and is quite the pretty ship.  then you have Enterprise, Arizona, Indianapolis, etc....  No one needs to troll a player for wanting a ship for those reasons...or for spending real money to get her.

For me, part of the reason I wanted Mikasa is I actually visited her during a vacation in Japan.

iirc, I have all of the US Museum Ships that exist in the game, and have been to them all. Plus Belfast, (a London trip,) and hopefully soon Vampire II.

[CRF]
Members
865 posts
8,499 battles
42 minutes ago, Estimated_Prophet said:

For me, part of the reason I wanted Mikasa is I actually visited her during a vacation in Japan.

iirc, I have all of the US Museum Ships that exist in the game, and have been to them all. Plus Belfast, (a London trip,) and hopefully soon Vampire II.

Planned to go to Japan earlier this year with my son who had signed up for a language course at a school in Sapparo.  Planned to visit the Yamato museum as well as the Mikasa, but Covid intervened, so the trip has been postponed - hopefully not permanently.

Members
28 posts
20 battles

Always Courageous Premium Containers
The event dedicated to American battleships continues. Obtain Always Courageous Premium containers, each of which is guaranteed to include an element of a new same-name historical collection dedicated to the U.S. Navy. Complete the entire collection to obtain Tier V battleship V Oklahoma in the unique Military permanent camouflage, a Commander with 6 skill points, and a Port slot!
The bundles will be available for purchase until: Fri. Dec. 04 3:00 AM PT / your local time: Fri. Dec. 04 5:00 AM

So basically your offering to sell us loot boxes...wow...(slow clap)...just wow, congrats.

Second thing same sale I mean news article

Your last chance to obtain Anchorage
Don't miss your opportunity to complete shipbuilding phases at the Dockyard and obtain American cruiser VIII Anchorage. She comes with the National camouflage, a commemorative flag, and a 10-skill point Commander!

It's no longer possible to progress construction work by completing combat missions, but you can continue to complete shipbuilding phases at the Dockyard by spending doubloons. This way, you'll still be able to obtain the corresponding rewards. You'll receive 7,500 Coal for completing the fifth shipbuilding phase; 100,000 Free XP for completing the twelfth phase; and if you complete all twenty phases, you'll become the owner of VIII Anchorage.

If you haven't completed the first four phases yet, you can still obtain Starter Packs. These will help by immediately progressing you through three or eight shipbuilding phases at a discount.

So in other words you are still offering the ship and commander but you can no longer progress at all in game but can progress by of course spending real money, what a surprise.

Wow Wargaming, just wow, even Bethesda and E.A. know they had to take a break once in a while from behavior like this.

• Cool 2

[_TSA_]
Members
6 posts
11,370 battles

I am happy to be a pumpkin but my account is a steam account do I need to download a WOW version I do have the War gaming consul and aPT account

[-U-R-]
Members
23 posts
3,750 battles

Thanks, but I'll wait till it goes on sale in the premium shop. I would have happily bought Florida if they hadn't nerfed her into oblivion.  

[RLGN]
Members
14,886 posts
26,419 battles
1 hour ago, sonoasailor said:

Planned to go to Japan earlier this year with my son who had signed up for a language course at a school in Sapparo.  Planned to visit the Yamato museum as well as the Mikasa, but Covid intervened, so the trip has been postponed - hopefully not permanently.

You can look at pictures of the Yamato model in the museum and be awed, but there isn’t anything like actually standing next to it and realizing how huge it really is.

Outside I believe is a partial outline of Yamato where its graving dock once stood.

Across the street is the JMSDF museum, don’t forget to include time for that.

I stayed in Hiroshima, and we rode the train from there to Kure. Make time to visit Hiroshima if you can.

Two things; one deadly serious, one a bit silly.

I think in the Yamato Museum there was a picture of the Atomic cloud as seen from Kure... When we went back outside and I looked back across the same mountain in that picture towards Hiroshima I felt a chill... (the echo of history?)

I’d heard rumors of such, and don’t know about now, but the warning at Kure Station that a train is arriving is the theme to Uchuu Senkan Yamato. (Space Battleship Yamato.)

Edited by Estimated_Prophet
Typos, thought I was formatting on Reddit.
  • Cool 2

[WPORT]
Members
6,600 posts
11,609 battles
2 hours ago, Estimated_Prophet said:

:cap_like:

[WPORT]
Members
6,600 posts
11,609 battles
4 minutes ago, Estimated_Prophet said:

You can look at pictures of the Yamato model in the museum and be awed, but there isn’t anything like actually standing next to it and realizing how huge it really is.

Outside I believe is a partial outline of Yamato where its graving dock once stood.

Across the street is the JMSDF museum, don’t forget to include time for that.

I stayed in Hiroshima, and we rode the train from there to Kure. Make time to visit Hiroshima if you can.

Two things; one deadly serious, one a bit silly.

I think in the Yamato Museum there was a picture of the Atomic cloud as seen from Kure... When we went back outside and I looked back across the same mountain in that picture towards Hiroshima I felt a chill... (the echo of history?)

I’d heard rumors of such, and don’t know about now, but the warning at Kure Station that a train is arriving is the theme to Uchuu Senkan Yamato. (Space Battleship Yamato.)

I was stationed in Iwakuni for a year.
Visited Hiroshima a couple of times, including ringing the bell at "Peace Park".

Since I wasn't in Japan as a vacation, there's a lot I missed-out on.  Still, I do hope to go back as a tourist, someday.

[TFK]
[TFK]
Alpha Tester
1,673 posts
20,687 battles

Is this collection because of value or picking up trash after a festival? From what I hear its the later for the Oklahoma

[REQ]
Members
13 posts
7,266 battles

While I won't spend any money to get Oklahoma, I'm also not going to rag on somebody that does.

I do have Mikasa, and occasionally take it out for a spin in a co-op. I've learned to just cruise around, and let the secondaries shoot, as the mains are, well, inaccurate, at best.

• Cool 1