You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
JaegerKhan

For the most part CVs are eh for me but this was a bit much

28 comments in this topic

[TOTO]
Members
10 posts
964 battles

I was in the New Orleans (which granted does not have the best armor) and had full HP and was lobbing shots from behind an island. In about two minutes, I was detected by the Enterprise, and when I saw that it was coming for me I started to back up, deploy my fighters, and selected my priority sector. The Enterprise still got its full attacks off and with only 2 hits I went from 100 % hp to around 5 %. For the most part I can deal with CV's, but this absolute megaton of damage is insane. I have heard that the Enterprise is insanely broken, but I find it amazing that it has stayed like this for so long. I honestly liked the old CV UI better, although maybe you should have the option to go FPV in a ship and lead like that. 

• Cool 1
  • Meh 1

[5D]
Members
1,102 posts
14,288 battles

here the thing if Big E hit  you with only 2 ap bomb it only 12k not all your HP you probably got blapped my another ship ...

[RLGN]
Members
14,910 posts
26,428 battles
8 minutes ago, dad003 said:

here the thing if Big E hit  you with only 2 ap bomb it only 12k not all your HP you probably got blapped my another ship ...

I’d love to just get two hits.

For all some claim the new FPS carriers are ‘easy’ to use; I personally find that to be far, far from true.

• Thanks 2

[BEA5T]
[BEA5T]
Members
450 posts
15,860 battles

1 hour ago, dad003 said:

Big E been nerfed to where its 3 plane attack  2 bombs per plane are only 4900 per bomb.     9 plane squadron....  it would be possible if somehow they managed to score at least 4 + hits being the stock New Orleans hits points are kinda real low  29K.     

The detailed report page should be able to tell how much damage the ship took by Bombs.    

This is from the CV side which shows how much damage I placed upon a particular ship.   Even though I hit that particular ship with 8 bombs but only did 20580 damage.  

CaptureBomb.PNG.263402ed86ff9eb3bbb09471f759e681.PNG

Edited by Noworriesderpy1
add

[KSC]
Members
790 posts
10,953 battles
1 hour ago, Noworriesderpy1 said:

Big E been nerfed to where its 3 plane attack  2 bombs per plane are only 4900 per bomb.     9 plane squadron....  it would be possible if somehow they managed to score at least 4 + hits being the stock New Orleans hits points are kinda real low  29K.     

The detailed report page should be able to tell how much damage the ship took by Bombs.    

This is from the CV side which shows how much damage I placed upon a particular ship.   Even though I hit that particular ship with 8 bombs but only did 20580 damage.  

CaptureBomb.PNG.263402ed86ff9eb3bbb09471f759e681.PNG

The OP didn't say what planes were used against him.  Rockets could do 7-9k a strike, but that's not 95% of his hull.

Unless he ate 6 torps from two drops, I'm really unsure what could have happened.  It's more likely he got spotted and someone shot him with shells while he was lit.

[TIMT]
Members
955 posts
4,172 battles

Guess something else hit the OP at the same time, happened to me before. Sometimes it is more the spotting and the fact you have to move that ultimately kills you, though the CV damage does not help...

[YORHA]
Members
5,137 posts
10,310 battles

As always I suppose posting the replay would be out of the question?

[WOLFG]
Members
30,713 posts
9,292 battles
5 hours ago, shinytrashcan said:

Guess something else hit the OP at the same time, happened to me before. Sometimes it is more the spotting and the fact you have to move that ultimately kills you, though the CV damage does not help...

Especially if, as the OP stated, your movement is only backing up. NO can't afford to be a low-speed target.

What the OP should have done, was not park so that he had to back up to move, and been on the move before the CV spotted him.

It's like being a sniper in an FPS. If the enemy knows where you are, even if they can't see you, it's only a matter of time until something nasty comes for you. (and here, because of tracers, it's easy to figure out where you are)

And once they find you.....

It's like the old pilots' maxim, speed is life.

Edited by Skpstr
  • Cool 1

[S0L0]
[S0L0]
Alpha Tester, In AlfaTesters
4,689 posts
7,084 battles

Yea..... didn't happen as OP states..  Not saying Enterprise can't dump a New Orleans pretty badly, but not on 2 AP bomb hits...  I have a feeling something else struck it simultaneously?    I'm just glad to know someone else can hit anything with the AP bombs anymore.. because I can't make anything but the rockets on that thing work anymore.   Sadly the premium CVs have all taken a pretty good  thrashing with all the ninja "bugs, fixes and reticle "improvements"  over the last two patches...  

[WOLF7]
Members
473 posts
10 hours ago, JaegerKhan said:

I was in the New Orleans (which granted does not have the best armor) and had full HP and was lobbing shots from behind an island. In about two minutes, I was detected by the Enterprise, and when I saw that it was coming for me I started to back up, deploy my fighters, and selected my priority sector. The Enterprise still got its full attacks off and with only 2 hits I went from 100 % hp to around 5 %. For the most part I can deal with CV's, but this absolute megaton of damage is insane. I have heard that the Enterprise is insanely broken, but I find it amazing that it has stayed like this for so long. I honestly liked the old CV UI better, although maybe you should have the option to go FPV in a ship and lead like that. 

Here's an interesting question to ask yourself as a thought experiment: If you had been citadelled by a Tirpitz or Massa in this match that took you from 100% to 5%, would you have made a post about it on the forum?

• Thanks 2

Members
1,567 posts
11,037 battles
3 minutes ago, HamAndCheez said:

Here's an interesting question to ask yourself as a thought experiment: If you had been citadelled by a Tirpitz or Massa in this match that took you from 100% to 5%, would you have made a post about it on the forum?

I can hide from a BB, can't hide from a CV.

Members
1,827 posts
52 battles

I would assume that with "2 hits" OP means taking 2 full attacks, otherwise what he's describing is simply not possible.

Members
1,096 posts
4,792 battles
12 hours ago, JaegerKhan said:

Humph. Sounds like Dive Bombers to me. Enterprise DBs have 4,900 damage per bomb, with six bombs per attack from three aircraft. Those things pack a nasty punch and can even leave battleships severely crippled with just a few good runs. If you can't take my word for it, just ask @El2aZeR, the resident Enterprise spammer, and he'll tell you everything

-Shrayes

[PIG]
[PIG]
Members
1,305 posts
6,112 battles
On 10/30/2020 at 4:32 AM, JaegerKhan said:

Oink! Mmmhhhh... Goltz !!! 

[META_]
Members
2,255 posts
7,485 battles

with nearly 50 Random battles in CVs, including a couple since the rebork, i am fully capable of answering any and all questions pertaining to the new CV meta. 

am currently available, ask away!!

spud

[TOTO]
Members
10 posts
964 battles
On 10/30/2020 at 2:42 AM, shinytrashcan said:

Hello OP here: There was nobody else shooting me. I was behind an island and the whole other team was on the other side of said island. One seconed im at full HP, and one second I am blapped for half hp. The next second after that, im dead. (I also only had one priority target indicator

[TOTO]
Members
10 posts
964 battles
On 10/30/2020 at 10:42 AM, El2aZeR said:

I would assume that with "2 hits" OP means taking 2 full attacks, otherwise what he's describing is simply not possible.

Yeah 2 full attacks

[TOTO]
Members
10 posts
964 battles
On 10/30/2020 at 10:07 AM, HamAndCheez said:

No, because it would have made sense. If i was broadside, then yes my broadside is quite squishy and I would take multiple cits, and I would not complain because I would be an idiot. But even when I had my fighters up and my AA sectors, the CV still got 2 full attacks away.

[TOTO]
Members
10 posts
964 battles
On 10/30/2020 at 8:04 AM, JCC45 said:

As always I suppose posting the replay would be out of the question?

Yeah I kinda forgot to do that before 30 seconds later was up sorry about that.

On 10/30/2020 at 10:24 AM, Daniel_Allan_Clark said:

I have noted instances where CV ordinance did MORE damage than it should...

...but without replay or stat page we cant be sure.

Yeah sorry abt that, kinda realized I should have recorded it it was too late.

Members
409 posts
16,722 battles
1 minute ago, JaegerKhan said:

No, because it would have made sense. If i was broadside, then yes my broadside is quite squishy and I would take multiple cits, and I would not complain because I would be an idiot. But even when I had my fighters up and my AA sectors, the CV still got 2 full attacks away.

But you were backing up... doing maybe 10kts in a straight line. Even marginal CV drivers will hammer you with DBs in that situation. And good CV drivers will use the island for cover, negating your AA sector,

[TOTO]
Members
10 posts
964 battles
On 10/30/2020 at 8:14 AM, Skpstr said:

Especially if, as the OP stated, your movement is only backing up. NO can't afford to be a low-speed target.

What the OP should have done, was not park so that he had to back up to move, and been on the move before the CV spotted him.

It's like being a sniper in an FPS. If the enemy knows where you are, even if they can't see you, it's only a matter of time until something nasty comes for you. (and here, because of tracers, it's easy to figure out where you are)

And once they find you.....

It's like the old pilots' maxim, speed is life.

This is true, I could have/should have done that. What I wanted to do was take it one ship at a time as they came into field of view so im not focused for being the only t7 in a t9 battle.

[TOTO]
Members
10 posts
964 battles
On 10/30/2020 at 9:06 AM, iRA6E said:

Yea..... didn't happen as OP states..  Not saying Enterprise can't dump a New Orleans pretty badly, but not on 2 AP bomb hits...  I have a feeling something else struck it simultaneously?    I'm just glad to know someone else can hit anything with the AP bombs anymore.. because I can't make anything but the rockets on that thing work anymore.   Sadly the premium CVs have all taken a pretty good  thrashing with all the ninja "bugs, fixes and reticle "improvements"  over the last two patches...  

Ummm it kinda was how I started lol. Nothing else hit me but the CV. I think u got confused on the "2 hits", it wasn't only 2 bombs it was 2 squads that got full bombs awat. My bad for not being clear on that though.

[TOTO]
Members
10 posts
964 battles
3 minutes ago, Telastyn said:

But you were backing up... doing maybe 10kts in a straight line. Even marginal CV drivers will hammer you with DBs in that situation. And good CV drivers will use the island for cover, negating your AA sector,

Right, I should not have gone up against that islnad as close as I did. My point is that the Cv got through AA, fighters and some other AA prob and still got 2 full attacks away.

[WOLFG]
Members
30,713 posts
9,292 battles
41 minutes ago, JaegerKhan said:

This is true, I could have/should have done that. What I wanted to do was take it one ship at a time as they came into field of view so im not focused for being the only t7 in a t9 battle.

That's fair. You just have to balance that out by thinking about what you're going to do when you start firing and get spotted.

Although, I can talk about thinking logically and critically here on the forums, but that often goes out the window in battle lol.