Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
sdj_2016

Should I finish the collection or keep taking credits?

German Navy Collection: What to do with Duplicates?  

43 members have voted

1. 1. German Navy collection:  I have 35 of the 36 items collected and have accumulated 100 duplicates.  Collection has nothing useful performance wise and has no end date.  What to do?

• Trade duplicates for Bacon
    • Keep collecting the duplicates for credits
    • Complete the collection

22 comments in this topic

[-UCS-]
Members
102 posts
10,486 battles

German Navy collection:  I have 35 of the 36 items collected and have accumulated 100 duplicates.  Collection has nothing useful performance wise and has no end date.  I say keep collecting the 15,000 credits for every duplicate. What say you?  Also curious if anybody got the "Type VII Submarine" -- wondering if our generous host varies the odds of receiving specific collection items?  

P.S. I am well aware of the ability to trade duplicates and complete the collection.  

image.png.d73dae99ed2ca8989be5ac7afd27ca7c.png

[CO-OP]
Members
2,033 posts
26,054 battles

Unless you want to mount multiple flags on your ships, keep collecting.  You've got 1.5 M in your pool already, you might as well watch it grow until you finally get the missing piece.

[PVE]
Members
6,937 posts
22,691 battles
39 minutes ago, RicketyEdge said:

Bacon. There is no other option. 

I think you are forgetting about bacon 🥓 🥓 🥓 w/a side of bacon 🥓🥓 🥓

• Cool 2

[WOLF9]
Privateers
14,840 posts
4,733 battles

What, like there's only one collection in the world?  Finish it and move on to another.

[POP]
Members
4,659 posts
12,402 battles

If you don’t have any other incomplete subscription collections, might as well keep collecting unless you want the flag/camo for whatever ship type is incomplete. I let mine finish on its own since I didn’t have any other subscription collections. Traded in 120 something duplicates for credits I think. 

[WOOKY]
Beta Testers
1,743 posts
8 hours ago, iDuckman said:

What, like there's only one collection in the world?  Finish it and move on to another.

and when you have all the others done, and there's no new one coming out next week...?

[ARGSY]
Members
21,675 posts
15,719 battles
10 hours ago, sdj_2016 said:

German Navy collection:  I have 35 of the 36 items collected and have accumulated 100 duplicates.

I lost patience at 34 items and 70+ duplicates. Unless you're desperate for the credits, I'd hold out until the day before the next subscription collection opens. 

The only reason to mount two flags is if you regularly play Ranked battles and get the relevant group flags and/or have the Military Month flag and want to stack them for the bonuses they give.

• Cool 1

[WOLF9]
Privateers
14,840 posts
4,733 battles
3 hours ago, Dareios said:

and when you have all the others done, and there's no new one coming out next week...?

IIRC. if you're collecting a completed collection, duplicates automatically will be converted to credits.  So you can have your cake and eat it too?

Can anyone confirm my memory?

Edited by iDuckman

[WOLF4]
Members
895 posts
12,330 battles
15 hours ago, sdj_2016 said:

German Navy collection:  I have 35 of the 36 items collected and have accumulated 100 duplicates.  Collection has nothing useful performance wise and has no end date.  I say keep collecting the 15,000 credits for every duplicate. What say you?  Also curious if anybody got the "Type VII Submarine" -- wondering if our generous host varies the odds of receiving specific collection items?  

P.S. I am well aware of the ability to trade duplicates and complete the collection.  

image.png.d73dae99ed2ca8989be5ac7afd27ca7c.png

I didn't use any duplicates, can't remember how many I accrued, but it was a pile.

Like you, I was down to a single item needed for completion - and was hung there for a surprisingly long time.  Two days ago, the last item dropped in a recources container and the collection finished.

The duplicate trade in resulted in somewhere around 980K credits - and though I was happy I could finally mount that second flag and alternate camo on KMS DDs, I have to admit there was a modicome of sadness that my duplicate collection was finished - ha ha!

Absolutely keep collecting those duplicates - keep it going as long as possible, if not for you - then in remembrance of my duplicate collection, now ended.  For my boy Blue!

• Cool 1

[-UCS-]
Members
102 posts
10,486 battles

Once a collection is complete, your duplicates cash out and the items stop dropping from the containers.

The only way that I know to get the items after that is to buy the containers that were associated with the collection. Can’t see anybody buying the crates just to get credits. 

[WOOKY]
Beta Testers
1,743 posts
3 minutes ago, ddoubletapp1 said:

I didn't use any duplicates, can't remember how many I accrued, but it was a pile.

Like you, I was down to a single item needed for completion - and was hung there for a surprisingly long time.  Two days ago, the last item dropped in a recources container and the collection finished.

The duplicate trade in resulted in somewhere around 980K credits - and though I was happy I could finally mount that second flag and alternate camo on KMS DDs, I have to admit there was a modicome of sadness that my duplicate collection was finished - ha ha!

Absolutely keep collecting those duplicates - keep it going as long as possible, if not for you - then in remembrance of my duplicate collection, now ended.  For my boy Blue!

shot-20_10.21_22_22.51-0096.thumb.jpg.955a3deccd911a765f53a90e82c0435d.jpg

• Cool 2

[-TRM-]
[-TRM-]
Members
1,381 posts
4,923 battles

I'll close out a collection where possible.

The Coal Intensive Italian Grind needed about 4 months production 6000 coal at a time

The German one was fun and enjoyable. Still working  and will be for years possibly. We'll see yet.

[CO-OP]
Members
2,033 posts
26,054 battles
1 hour ago, iDuckman said:

IIRC. if you're collecting a completed collection, duplicates automatically will be converted to credits.  So you can have your cake and eat it too?

Can anyone confirm my memory?

4 minutes ago, sdj_2016 said:

Once a collection is complete, your duplicates cash out and the items stop dropping from the containers.

The only way that I know to get the items after that is to buy the containers that were associated with the collection. Can’t see anybody buying the crates just to get credits. 

I believe that @sdj_2016 is correct.  Once you finish a collection you can't subscribe any longer.

[WOLF9]
Privateers
14,840 posts
4,733 battles
7 minutes ago, HamptonRoads said:

I believe that @sdj_2016 is correct.  Once you finish a collection you can't subscribe any longer.

You may well be right, and I'm thinking of dog tags.

[-AF-]
Beta Testers
711 posts
9,308 battles
41 minutes ago, xHeavy said:

I spent 30k in coal on containers to close out three collections today:

2 years of World of Warships to get:

• a Congratulatory perm camo for 4 tech tree ships I don't have: Kiev, Charles Montel, Monarch Z-23 (for which I already have Steel Rat perm camo)

the Battle for The North Cape to get:

• 2 days of premium time for this weekend
  • Arctic perm camo for Duke of York, a premium ship I don't have

The Hunt for Bismarck to get

• double the permanent camos I already have from two ( Unsinkable Sam and Gothic) to four (the aforementioned ones plus From The Bottom of the Sea and Last Conquest) for a tech tree ship I don't have

I had 400k coal, still have my coal for a ship coupon so I figured today was the day I'd make it possible since I can't get those collections via drops.   Still don't have the Vive Le France collection but I'll build up a bit more coal first since I'm in no hurry to get a French commander.

I'm wondering if the OP's open German Navy collection interferes with being able to get the current "Always Courageous" collection coming from the US Battleships 2 missions? 

[ARGSY]
Members
21,675 posts
15,719 battles
56 minutes ago, sdj_2016 said:

Can’t see anybody buying the crates just to get credits. 

Some of them have flags and camo in them, and if you think the coal or money are worth the price, there is that. At that point, the 15K credits for the dups becomes a tiny glace cherry on the top, but that's all. 

[ARGSY]
Members
21,675 posts
15,719 battles
57 minutes ago, xHeavy said:

For the collections that are completed with coal crates or iimited-availability event crates, HELL YES. Coal might technically be infinitely renewable (in this game at any rate!), but there's no reason to spend more of it on boxes than you have to. Finish them with as few pieces as are necessary. (The French crates in the Armory used to be hideously expensive on a coal-per-crate basis. Then they gutted the contents and reduced the price massively. It was a huge boost to those who were only getting them to earn J.J. Honore, and for that reason it was a good move on WG's part.)

The only ones that are worth dragging out are the ones that drop in regular containers for as long as it takes. And even then, there are ones where it's worth cashing in ASAP sometimes (e.g. the ones that give a permacamo for a tech-tree ship.)

Edited by Ensign_Cthulhu

[CO-OP]
Members
2,033 posts
26,054 battles
18 minutes ago, Altwar said:

I'm wondering if the OP's open German Navy collection interferes with being able to get the current "Always Courageous" collection coming from the US Battleships 2 missions?

The current "Always Courageous" isn't one that you can subscribe.  So, it won't conflict with it.  

Members
125 posts

Doing fine with 125 duplicates and counting.

image.thumb.png.9b53ae2af1cd939e47609bda111c6cc8.png

Unlucky not to get that last drop? No; lucky to be getting 15,000 unearned credits each time. And then the AL collection to carry on next.

[-UCS-]
Members
102 posts
10,486 battles
On 10/30/2020 at 11:23 PM, DanSilverwing said:

Doing fine with 125 duplicates and counting.

Captain Dan has set the pace! 

Sign in to follow this