Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
Young_Gatsu

NERF Manfred von Richthofen you sadists

69 comments in this topic

[CSWLN]
Members
46 posts
11,666 battles

Preaching to the choir here but... 11k salvos from rocket planes is unacceptable WG. 

Removing CV's from the game wouldn't be fair to CV players.

Don't tell me about grouping up in an AA cluster. 

Please nerf this absolute sadism.

Thanks!

• Cool 10
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 3
  • Boring 5
  • Meh 2

[ODIN]
Members
156 posts
8,099 battles

For one, other CV rocket planes also can have 10-11K rocket salvos.

Also, WG has said they don't nerf ships until the data has equalized, so probably won't be nerfed for another month or so. 

[-K-]
Members
8,491 posts
14,883 battles

11k salvos on what, cruisers?

They trade off for that in the fact that MvR is very poor at hunting DDs.

• Cool 3
  • Boring 1

[CSWLN]
Members
46 posts
11,666 battles
15 minutes ago, Ace_04 said:

11k salvos on what, cruisers?

They trade off for that in the fact that MvR is very poor at hunting DDs.

Ah well at least that's good. I was in an Amalfi last night and got chunked while angling. Low HP on that CL...

[ANZ4C]
Members
201 posts
7,289 battles
37 minutes ago, Young_Gatsu said:

Ah well at least that's good. I was in an Amalfi last night and got chunked while angling. Low HP on that CL...

Clearly you weren't angling enough. KM CVs will absolutely nuke you if broadside, or literally nothing when you actually angle. There is no inbetween with them.

• Cool 1
  • Thanks 1

Members
418 posts
20 battles
1 hour ago, Young_Gatsu said:

Preaching to the choir here but... 11k salvos from rocket planes is unacceptable WG. 

Thanks!

MvR will be nerfed, it's only a matter of time. 

WG have already said they are looking at it.  Here are their comments on MvR from last week's Q&A:

"Now the aircraft carrier is really quite effective. To a large extent, its effectiveness is due to not only AP bombs, but also to a new type of weapons for our game - AP rockets, which make a significant part of the damage inflicted by this aircraft carrier. However, it is quite easy to counterplay these rockets, though not usual: just turn the ship towards the attacking squadron and the rockets will not cause much damage, and a small HP of aircraft will not allow the squadron to stay in your AA defense area for a long time for a more successful attack. And the more players learn how to interact with AP rockets, the lower the average MvR efficiency becomes. Of course, the rockets are not the only weapon of this aircraft carrier and many factors should be considered. However, to make a decision on changing this aircraft carrier, data must be collected over a long period of time. It will be possible to make final conclusions not earlier than in half a year."

So it's likely we'll see the first changes to the ship early in the new year.  Having said that, I disagree with the OP, in that I think the AP rockets are fine.  It's pretty easy to flick your rudder over and angle the small amount needed to mitigate the rockets, then flick it back before making yourself vulnerable to enemy surface ships.

There are two main issues with MvR as I see it.  The first issue lie with the AP bombs, which hit a bit too hard, and are too maneuverable without loss of accuracy in the drop.  It surprises me that they did a global AP bomb nerf that included Haku, then released MvR with AP bombs that hit harder than Haku's did before any nerfs.

The second issue is with the fighter consumable.  In standard spec they have 4km concealment, and that means you can drop comfortably within air concealment range of even the stealthiest cruisers, and not have your fighters spotted (and thus not shot down immediately, as any other CV's fighters would be).  How this made it to live I don't know, especially after WG said that they were concerned about spotting by CV's in clan battles.  The MvR is the most effective CV at spotting in the game because of this, by some margin.

I think these are the main two aspects that will be nerfed.  WG have shown in their comment above that they think AP rockets are fine, and are a "learn to play" issue, so I don't expect too many changes there.  I think we'll see concealment nerfs to the fighter consumable, and significant damage nerfs to the AP bombs, starting around December or January.

• Cool 1
  • Thanks 1

[S0L0]
[S0L0]
Alpha Tester, In AlfaTesters
4,697 posts
7,099 battles

I'll take learn to angle for $100 Alex.  

[CLUMP]
Members
1,086 posts
1,345 battles

You do realize that the people that play German CV have masochistic tendencies :Smile_teethhappy:   

• Funny 1
  • Haha 1

[GDUNK]
Members
2 posts
3,227 battles

Just rage quit the after 3 Mainz and 1 Tirptiz game all with MvRH and guess what, either spend 10 min just dodging stupid retarded rocket planes that can generate instant cross fire or just get dumpstered in a BB beside a Massa and Cleveland and still bomber can drop twice for half my HP...UNHEALABLE!! and of course can't do anything about it..IS IS SUPPOSED TO BE FUN??? I mean who designed this??...not to mention if you cue up in a Moskva, I think the record was 2 min into the battle delete.

Does anyone who comes up with these, well not even paper ships really, even play the game??

This ship (plus the TR) is the reason I am not spending anymore money on this game, just ruins your day every time you play. Hope it was worth it WG, I had a nice little list of ships to buy but what is the point. 

NO MORE MONEY FOR YOU!

• Cool 5
  • Boring 1

[LTPTG]
Members
24 posts
5,793 battles

I was just in a match with Salem. Single rocket strike from MvR.  20k hp gone, nearly half the ship's health.  Absolutely lost the desire to play the rest of the match, so I just took my hands off the keyboard.

• Cool 2

[PSP]
Members
549 posts
5,040 battles
56 minutes ago, See_Fuchs said:

Just rage quit the after 3 Mainz and 1 Tirptiz game all with MvRH and guess what, either spend 10 min just dodging stupid retarded rocket planes that can generate instant cross fire or just get dumpstered in a BB beside a Massa and Cleveland and still bomber can drop twice for half my HP...UNHEALABLE!! and of course can't do anything about it..IS IS SUPPOSED TO BE FUN??? I mean who designed this??...not to mention if you cue up in a Moskva, I think the record was 2 min into the battle delete.

Does anyone who comes up with these, well not even paper ships really, even play the game??

This ship (plus the TR) is the reason I am not spending anymore money on this game, just ruins your day every time you play. Hope it was worth it WG, I had a nice little list of ships to buy but what is the point. 

NO MORE MONEY FOR YOU!

"Another satisfied customer!" - WoWs

[FDK]
Members
1,307 posts
On 10/29/2020 at 5:43 PM, Young_Gatsu said:

Thanks!

How about buffin Graf Zeppelin's Torps, secondaries and concealment?

Edited by Xwing_Red1
  • Cool 2

[WKY13]
Members
548 posts
11,177 battles
On 10/29/2020 at 6:43 PM, Young_Gatsu said:

Thanks!

I haven't gotten it yet, so youll have to wait for a nerf still.

[KUK-M]
Members
20 posts
23,446 battles

MVR also has insane torp bombers.   It can drop torps in 2kms and hit all of them.  And some pilots can hit AP bombs with full damage at any angles.  Avoiding ap rockets are not easy.  You have to be broadsided to red ships to avoid rockets.    MVR planes have insane speed so it returns so fast so no way to avoid and clustering aa doesn't help at all.   Spotting is the most serious  problem but every aspects of MVR is like using game exploits.  People who sail MVR should feel guilty for the wow users.

Edited by orangman
  • Cool 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Boring 1
  • Meh 1

[ANK-A]
Members
1,342 posts
11,028 battles
On 10/29/2020 at 8:28 PM, iRA6E said:

Alex:  "For $100....This happens to cruisers who angle to MVR rockets."

Alex, What is getting dev. struck by a BB after turning broadside?

• Cool 3
  • Funny 1

[ANK-A]
Members
1,342 posts
11,028 battles

...let's keep this going....

Alex, I'll take  Balanz for $200

Alex: "According to Maple Syrup, This tech tree ship had the highest avg damage last week."

Alex, What is MVR?

[MNR]
[MNR]
Members
82 posts
4,162 battles

Players: Nerf this.. Nerf that... Wahhhhh I can't win... * Rage quit*....

Me: *drinking coffee with a shot of whiskey*  smh.....

• Cool 1

[TF16B]
Modder
666 posts
818 battles
On 10/29/2020 at 8:28 PM, iRA6E said:

The Daily Double!

[BB35]
Members
457 posts
13,300 battles

Guess you havent been hit by the FDR yet. Planes that hit hard and nearly impossible to shoot down

• Cool 1

Sign in to follow this