• Thanks 3
  • Haha 1
  • Sad 1
  • Boring 10
  • Meh 2

[WOLF7]
Members
55 posts

So CVs are the wheeled vehicles of WoWs!  I'm new to this game but not WOT, everybody always hated arty,  but the wheeled vehicles seem to be the straw that broke the camel's back for a lot of players.

I'm too new to this game to know how bad the CVs are haven't had any problems with it yet up to tier 5.

Edited by Filthywon

[PVE]
Members
377 posts
3,136 battles
1 minute ago, Filthywon said:

So CVs are the wheeled vehicles of WoWs!  I'm new to this game but not WOT, everybody always hated arty,  but the wheeled vehicles seem to be the straw that broke the camel's back for a lot of players.

I'm too new to this game to know how bad the CVs are haven't had any problems with it yet up to tier 5.

Wheeled vehicles are the subs of World of Tanks.  Those things that were never going to be introduced.  Subs and Wheeled vehicles alike.  Stated emphatically if I remember right.  CV's have always been the "arty" of World of Warships.

• Cool 1

Beta Testers
3,497 posts
5,943 battles
Just now, black_hull4 said:

THEN KILL THE CV FIRST

Part of the problem is that CVs are designed to be one of the last kills.  :(

[--K--]
Members
1,351 posts
11,343 battles
5 minutes ago, SkaerKrow said:

And yet you’re still here. 

Correct, sadly.  You’re a sharp fella.

Edited by BarneyStyle
  • Cool 1
  • Funny 1

[SALVO]
Members
4,505 posts
20,707 battles

now that we have constant spotting it's just  who can farm the most.

Truly it's Farmville with military ship avatars 

With constant spotting No concealment no surprises around the next island yeah it gotten pretty boring

Edited by SilverPhatShips

Members
2,352 posts
32,364 battles
39 minutes ago, BarneyStyle said:

The “fun” is gone, you’re just a moving pin cushion.

I haven't heard this analogy before.  I like it!  Just be the pin and not the cushion.

• Cool 1

[WIB]
Alpha Tester
3,978 posts
2,472 battles

Oh give me a break.  There are so many drama queens over CVs in this game.  There is exactly one CV that is broken in this game and it is the FDR which is pure toxicity.  As for all the other general CVs in general gameplay, I hardly even notice they are around and I can sure as hell say that I am killed a bizzillion times more by HE spam or when I am playing DDs, Radar, than I have every been killed by a CV in any class.  Most of the time the planes are just annoying at their worst that is unless I am playing a different version of the game than anyone else is playing.

The only other explanation would be that I play my ships differently than other players and because of that, CVs don't tend to drop on me but if that is the case, then YES YOU TOO CAN LEARN TO PLAY THIS WAY. 

So it one of the three:

1) The version of the game I play is different than everyone else's.

2) I play in a fashion where CV aren't and issue which means the issue is with the players who can't figure out how to play correctly.

3) These people are just drama queens who want to complain.

Honestly I just don't see anything else that it could be.

• Cool 4
  • Boring 1

[SPTR]
Members
27,186 posts
16,913 battles

Its not WoT until friendly fire and global chat is disabled and gold rounds are available 

Edited by Rolkatsuki
Load the gold

[FOXEH]
Banned
14,364 posts
20,006 battles
2 hours ago, Filthywon said:

I don't know whether to laugh or cry, this being both utterly hilarious and incredibly sad!

[PSP]
[PSP]
Members
13,673 posts
3 hours ago, BarneyStyle said:

Complete lack of dynamic gameplay now, just scurry around and pray the CV doesn’t target you.

The “fun” is gone, you’re just a moving pin cushion.

CVs have been a part of the game since it went public five years ago. Why is it, after 10,000 matches played, that they all of a sudden bother you now?

• Sad 1

[BASIN]
[BASIN]
Members
4,336 posts
16,765 battles
3 minutes ago, Snargfargle said:

CVs have been a part of the game since it went public five years ago. Why is it, after 10,000 matches played, that they all of a sudden bother you now?

:Smile_great:You could Counter them 'Before'...............................They weren't OP  like they are now Duh:Smile_facepalm:

Valkyrie Chooser of the Slain#7.png

[PSP]
[PSP]
Members
13,673 posts
4 minutes ago, shadowsrmine said:

:Smile_great:You could Counter them 'Before'...............................They weren't OP  like they are now Duh:Smile_facepalm:

Before what? The rework is nearly two years old. And under the old RTS system your BB could be taken out in a single strike.

Edited by Snargfargle

[--K--]
Members
1,351 posts
11,343 battles
9 hours ago, Snargfargle said:

I would entertain it was far worse after the CV rework, when all nations of CV were extremely broken, but this is more directed at the gameplay and player base itself now.  One vs one, you can’t defeat a CV in any shape or form. Throw in blind spotting fighters, squadron super health, 30k dmg dive bombers that can move with your “dodge” and this game has just devolved into a slap fight between cockroaches while the CV flys around waiting to stomp on one or two ships spotting the rest Willy nilly.  Try ing to make a “tactical move” is a death wish, as soon as you’re out of the AA bubble, here comes the CV to spot you and the rest of the team focuses you, so why bother making a move? The dynamics of the surface ships have all but been eliminated.

Edit:  And the fact that they moved the thread into the abyss speaks volumes. 

Edited by BarneyStyle