Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
collisionSpace

Turret reload timer and colour

7 comments in this topic

Members
837 posts
14,964 battles

The colour and/or contrast used for these indicators has been altered in the latest patch.  They are now so faint that depending on the background it's hard to make out their status.

• Thanks 1

[WG]
Administrator, Developers
1,757 posts
10,396 battles
23 minutes ago, collisionSpace said:

The colour and/or contrast used for these indicators has been altered in the latest patch.  They are now so faint that depending on the background it's hard to make out their status.

Can you provide a screenshot of what you're referring to?

[RLGN]
Members
14,950 posts
26,483 battles
11 minutes ago, Gneisenau013 said:

At work now so I can’t, but agree with the OP.

It’s kind of like the contrast has been reduced or some kind of dimmer was activated. I keep wanting to turn up the dimming switch or something.

[SSG]
Alpha Tester
5,194 posts
12,101 battles

And I have never been more glad to use modded indicators because if people I normally don't see complaining about issues with contrast issues are - I'd be blind as a damn bat with my already existing issues. 

Members
837 posts
14,964 battles
9 hours ago, Gneisenau013 said:

It seems to be if the weapon (main guns, torps) can't target the point being aimed the indicator on the screen gets dimmed. In some cases this makes it harder than it needs to be to see how long the reload will take to complete. 

1. All guns can target the enemy, reload timers / indicators are visible, but not particularly obvious - it's like the colour has been washed out. On a light background (water) it's very faint.

shot-20_10.30_16_31_31-0850.thumb.jpg.050c6df2dab48becd15e145629de2c69.jpg

2. All turrets are reloading. The forward turrets can target the aim point so the reload indicator is visible, but faint. The back turrets cannot target the aim point so the reload timer is almost invisible.

shot-20_10.30_16_27.28-0695.thumb.jpg.b676b07f237cc8b984841e64a56767ef.jpg 

3. Torpedo launchers selected - reload timers for the guns are almost invisible

shot-20_10.30_16_26.39-0494.thumb.jpg.e11624241e944bb44bc55b9be281a839.jpg

There is an 'Increase GUI contrast' option in the controls, but it does not alter the contrast here.

The intent would seem to be to show which weapons are usable. However.. I will always, always want clear information on the reload time for all of the weapons, regardless of whether they can target the point i'm aiming at.

Edited by collisionSpace

[WG]
Administrator, Developers
1,757 posts
10,396 battles
51 minutes ago, collisionSpace said:

Thanks for the context, I pay attention to my UI as well and share this with the dev team!

#anchorsaweigh

Sign in to follow this