You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
Burnsy

Free Stuff for Verizon Customers

45 comments in this topic

[A-D-F]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
7,994 posts

I know not everyone reads the news articles so I figured I would give a heads up.

An article popped up that says if you are a current Verizon customer (which I am) or become a new one, you can click a link that will provide a game code. It will give you a 15% off premium shop coupon, 30 days of premium time, the Arizona, Albany and another 30 days of premium/15% coupon each month for the next 3 months.

I just did it and it worked correctly.

https://worldofwarships.com/en/news/general-news/special-offer-from-wows-and-verizon/

• Cool 4
  • Thanks 6
  • Boring 1

[ICO]
Members
59 posts
1,684 battles

This is really cool! I know there's always twitch and amazon prime things, but I have neither so never get any. I like this WG! maybe you guys should consider partnering with my electric and insurance providers too :Smile_veryhappy:

I'm planning on activating mine when the Halloween event is over (don't need premium time for key battles) to coincide with the new years dockyard to maximize grind potential there. The offer is available until well into 2021 for anyone else who may be wanting to wait for a more opportune moment to activate it.

VZWoWs.png

[WOLF7]
Members
473 posts

I have been a Verizon customer for years and I can confirm that this works. I got Arizona, credit value of Albany (I already owned her), premium time, etc. Great deal just for being a customer.

[WOLF8]
Members
7,592 posts
6,363 battles

Best part for me was the 15% discount coupon for the Premium shop. I immediately bought some doubloons with it, lol.

[A-D-F]
7,994 posts
7 minutes ago, Blorgh2017 said:

Best part for me was the 15% discount coupon for the Premium shop. I immediately bought some doubloons with it, lol.

Yeah I always kinda wanted a Kii and Roma.  If I use the 15% off to buy some dubs, then my normal in game armory 25% coupon, I could get one of them for about $34.  Pretty good deal.

If you are interested in the upcoming dockyard event, you could use it for the dubs for that too.

[NFFS]
Members
207 posts
7,274 battles

Worked just fine for me as well.

I see people speaking about the upcoming dockyard event.  Any news on that?  I have not seen anything, but could easily have missed it.

Be safe!

[FORM]
Members
1,828 posts
12,183 battles
35 minutes ago, Burnsy said:

I know not everyone reads the news articles so I figured I would give a heads up. An article popped up that says if you are a current Verizon customer (which I am) or become a new one, you can click a link that will provide a game code. It will give you a 15% off premium shop coupon, 30 days of premium time, the Alabama, Albany and another 30 days of premium/15% coupon each month for the next 3 months.

I just did it and it worked correctly.

https://worldofwarships.com/en/news/general-news/special-offer-from-wows-and-verizon/

Nice. Tnx.

Small correction though, it gives you the Arizona, not the Alabama. Pretty big difference ;)

Edited by TheArc

[S0L0]
[S0L0]
Alpha Tester, In AlfaTesters
4,689 posts
7,084 battles

Nice!!!      Done & Done....    the tournament is pretty cool too..    Don't do competitive,  but that's as nice of a reward as your going to see in a WOWS tournament... 

[S0L0]
[S0L0]
4,689 posts
7,084 battles
8 minutes ago, TheArc said:

Nice. Tnx.

Small correction though, it gives you the Arizona, not the Alabama. Pretty big difference ;)

No doubt... someone will go snowflake and feel harmed   -  disregard Hapa.. misread.. 

[A-D-F]
7,994 posts
5 minutes ago, TheArc said:

Nice. Tnx.

Opps, sorry.  I corrected the OP.

• Cool 1

[A-D-F]
7,994 posts
2 minutes ago, iRA6E said:

No doubt... someone will go all snowflake and feel harmed   -   Might want to check on this @Hapa_Fodder

No it was me, the article is correct, I typed the wrong ship.  I fixed my post.

[GLF]
Members
1,044 posts
17,168 battles

Does it require you to buy anything if you're an existing customer, or just log in, click a button, and it gives you a code? 

[KWF]
Members
4,929 posts
6,598 battles
31 minutes ago, Burnsy said:

Yeah I always kinda wanted a Kii and Roma.  If I use the 15% off to buy some dubs, then my normal in game armory 25% coupon, I could get one of them for about $34.  Pretty good deal.

If you are interested in the upcoming dockyard event, you could use it for the dubs for that too.

Don't, at least Roma; don't be allured by her amazing lines, strong armor, stealth and comfortable main battery stats. The ship exists to be the ultimate rollercoaster with the downs being far more common than the highs.

I have gotten battles where I citadelled a  GK consistently and was simply an immovable wall,  then at the next battles 30/40 shots hit were overpenetrations or all over the place.

Edited by warheart1992

[A-D-F]
7,994 posts
1 minute ago, AnimaL21 said:

Does it require you to buy anything if you're an existing customer, or just log in, click a button, and it gives you a code? 

Log into Verizon's site and click a link.  It will spit out a game code for you.  No purchase required.

[GOB]
[GOB]
Members
2,394 posts
4 minutes ago, AnimaL21 said:

You just click the link , login to Verizon and there you go.

Ninja'd by Burnsy

Edited by Col_Nasty

[S0L0]
[S0L0]
4,689 posts
7,084 battles
9 minutes ago, Burnsy said:

No it was me, the article is correct, I typed the wrong ship.  I fixed my post.

Yea caught that a few seconds after I hit enter..  I've  killed too many brain cells 

[-K-]
[-K-]
128 posts
9,530 battles

Given the way this is worded it also seems to imply we get 30 days of premium for each month for the next 3 months (why not just make it 90 x 1) as rewards. Yay 120 days of premium? 

[A-D-F]
7,994 posts
14 minutes ago, ToxicSymphony said:

Given the way this is worded it also seems to imply we get 30 days of premium for each month for the next 3 months (why not just make it 90 x 1) as rewards. Yay 120 days of premium? 

Just a wild guess and I don't know, but you might need to go into Verizon's site each month and click something to get the next 30 days.  It's possible this is one of those things that they are banking on a certain percentage of people, forgetting to claim it.

I don't know that that's the case though, we will have to wait and see.  I set an alarm on my phone for 30 days from now, to remind myself to check for another month of premium and new coupon.

[W-P-E]
Members
321 posts
23,587 battles
22 minutes ago, AdmiralThunder said:

Good deal but unfortunately for me my phone is on a family members plan so can't. Good for the rest of you though.

Suppose can try again tomorrow, I'll do that with my business phone as well.

29 October: The offer is now available for primary account owners subscribed to Verizon Wireless plans.*
30 October: The offer becomes available for the rest of Verizon Wireless customers.*

Edited by o4x4

[POP]
Members
4,657 posts
12,375 battles
28 minutes ago, AdmiralThunder said:

Good deal but unfortunately for me my phone is on a family members plan so can't. Good for the rest of you though.

Same. Here’s hoping the ‘offer becomes available for the rest of Verizon wireless customers’ works for us.