You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
Qilang

Elite XP

11 comments in this topic

[CO-OP]
Members
2,000 posts
25,983 battles

If you're talking about elite ship XP, you can only convert it.  Otherwise you can accumulate it for bragging rights.  If you're talking about elite commander XP, you can use that to advance other captains, or save it for the upcoming 21-point change. 

[HAI]
Members
109 posts

thnx!

I am talking about Elite ship XP.

whats the diff on this between tech ship and premium ship?

[CO-OP]
Members
2,000 posts
25,983 battles
10 minutes ago, Qilang said:

thnx!

I am talking about Elite ship XP.

Tier 10 ship XP, functions the same as premium/special ship XP.  The only thing you can do with it is convert it to FXP.

[WOLF9]
Privateers
14,801 posts
4,733 battles

Sometimes Elite XP is actually useful.  I have 350K or so on Colorado and will be able to unlock Kansas next patch immediately.

Trying to second guess line splits, though, isn't an efficient strategy.

[HINON]
Alpha Tester
24,689 posts
19,834 battles
29 minutes ago, Qilang said:

Nothing. Though on a premium ship you start collecting elite XP right away, on a tech tree ship you first have to research everything on it, including the next ship up. But elite XP is elite XP, regardless what ship you earned it on.

[WIB]
Alpha Tester
3,978 posts
2,472 battles

Yeah unfortunately,  Elite XP is virtually worthless unless you have literally have hundreds of dollars to spend on this game.    The conversation rate is horrendous at 1 doubloon for 25 XP.  That is 40,000 doubloons or $160 for 1 million FXP which is ironic because the Friesland, which costs 1 million FXP, can be bought for $77 dollars in the premium shop which is less than half of what it would cost to convert XP to FXP to get it.  Even when you catch a special and can covert 35 XP for 1 Doubloon, it still doesn't make sense. 

Overall a pretty big fail on WG'ing part though I am sure they have made at least some money on it over the years.  That just goes to show you how crazy some players are.

[GWG]
[GWG]
Supertester
27,103 posts
14,728 battles
25 minutes ago, Midnitewolf said:

Yeah unfortunately,  Elite XP is virtually worthless unless you have literally have hundreds of dollars to spend on this game.    The conversation rate is horrendous at 1 doubloon for 25 XP.  That is 40,000 doubloons or $160 for 1 million FXP which is ironic because the Friesland, which costs 1 million FXP, can be bought for $77 dollars in the premium shop which is less than half of what it would cost to convert XP to FXP to get it.  Even when you catch a special and can covert 35 XP for 1 Doubloon, it still doesn't make sense. 

Overall a pretty big fail on WG'ing part though I am sure they have made at least some money on it over the years.  That just goes to show you how crazy some players are.

They made a huge mistake in not providing a really poor free conversion rate when the game launched but there is so much out there now, I would need over 800k doubloons to convert all of mine, that even a 1000 to 1 conversion rate would flood the game with free xp.

[WIB]
Alpha Tester
3,978 posts
2,472 battles
19 minutes ago, BrushWolf said:

They made a huge mistake in not providing a really poor free conversion rate when the game launched but there is so much out there now, I would need over 800k doubloons to convert all of mine, that even a 1000 to 1 conversion rate would flood the game with free xp.

Yeah I never felt Elite XP was a well thought out mechanic by WG especially since the conversion rate was so bad.  My guess is that WG couldn't come up with anything better and did it this way figuring that it would be just be something that they might be able to make a few bucks off here and there.  If that was their goal, I am sure it worked out because I know many people have converted XP, even if it was just a few dubs worth here or there to get over the hump on researching fire control or a hull on a stock ship or that last 100 XP to finish up getting to the next Tier.  

However, because they didn't apparently think it out, it just stands out as a glaringly broken game mechanic.  I mean it is pretty obvious something is broken when you are sitting on so much EXP that even if you converted it all, you could never find enough things to spend it on.  

Edit and Add:  You know it would be nice to have something you could spend your EXP on, like maybe buying signals,  camos, module upgrades, etc.  I mean I would have no issues paying 10k EXP for say 20  x Equal Speed Charlie London flags or some such.  

[PQUOD]
[PQUOD]
Members
4,783 posts
16,923 battles

I imagine for the time being it will just continue to accumulate. I would be for as mentioned earlier changing it into a currency to buy flags and camo. I’m not holding my breath on that one though.