You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
Sabot_100

Strange game freezes after last patch

74 comments in this topic

[CVA16]
Members
5,658 posts
17,441 battles

After the previous patch, my game would completely freeze up about the time combat was joined. The only way out  was to exit and try to make it back before the game ended or I was sunk. The WG  solution was to set my graphics to the lowest levels. This fixed it MOST of the time

The latest patch has made things very strange. Game starts off fine. Guns  work, torpedoes get the lead indicator and the tubes train. At some point I notice I no longer get shell animations (mine or theirs). The shells still can hit but I have no idea where. If there are torps in the water they are frozen in place. These torps can still hit things so gamewise they are still moving. My ship still moves but the minimap is frozen. I still get the torp lead indicator but my tubes are frozen so I have no idea where they are aiming as the aiming indicator is frozen or missing.

I also notice the sound will stutter, especially if I am in close proximity to enemy ships.

In a game yesterday shells continued splash around me even though all the nearby enemy ships were dead and I was undetected. Appeared to be secondary gun splashes finally animating long after the guns were fired. At first I thought I was being shelled by friendlies.

Anyone else?

• Thanks 1

[TWE]
Beta Testers
93 posts
23,109 battles

Just to let you know, yes, I had the same issue yesterday, but only in one game out the of many I played.

• Thanks 1

[R_N]
Supertester
149 posts
9,594 battles

Two back to back battles game freezes up and I get disconnected from the battle server and have to re-log in.

[WG]
Administrator, Developers
1,752 posts
10,357 battles
7 hours ago, Sabot_100 said:

After the previous patch, my game would completely freeze up about the time combat was joined. The only way out  was to exit and try to make it back before the game ended or I was sunk. The WG  solution was to set my graphics to the lowest levels. This fixed it MOST of the time

The latest patch has made things very strange. Game starts off fine. Guns  work, torpedoes get the lead indicator and the tubes train. At some point I notice I no longer get shell animations (mine or theirs). The shells still can hit but I have no idea where. If there are torps in the water they are frozen in place. These torps can still hit things so gamewise they are still moving. My ship still moves but the minimap is frozen. I still get the torp lead indicator but my tubes are frozen so I have no idea where they are aiming as the aiming indicator is frozen or missing.

I also notice the sound will stutter, especially if I am in close proximity to enemy ships.

In a game yesterday shells continued splash around me even though all the nearby enemy ships were dead and I was undetected. Appeared to be secondary gun splashes finally animating long after the guns were fired. At first I thought I was being shelled by friendlies.

Anyone else?

I would start off by performing a "check and repair" of the client.

If that doesn't resolve the issue, run a WGcheck report and shoot it over to the Support team so they can have a look at what's happening.

The report will let the see where the issue lies whether it is client, hardware, or network related.

#anchorsaweigh

[WORX]
Members
11,409 posts
19,183 battles
24 minutes ago, Ommi said:

everythin in screen is freezing, even enemy ships dissapearing

shot-20.10.30_14.04.37-0148.jpg

I see (in the pic) a smoke screen and some LOS issues being blocked by an island... These points are known for making red ships disappear (other then sinking them of course).

The freezing can be cause by many factors. Most common are

• Drivers needing updated and installed properly
  • Cabling from the monitor to the card is attached wrong or loose.
  • Resources of your PC are so high, its  getting to the point of freezing,
  • LAN issues (your ping is in the triple digits).

I would check there first.

[KAG]
Members
10 posts
15,440 battles
9 minutes ago, Navalpride33 said:

I see (in the pic) a smoke screen and some LOS issues being blocked by an island... These points are known for making red ships disappear (other then sinking them of course).

The freezing can be cause by many factors. Most common are

• Drivers needing updated and installed properly
  • Cabling from the monitor to the card is attached wrong or loose.
  • Resources of your PC are so high, its  getting to the point of freezing,
  • LAN issues (your ping is in the triple digits).

I would check there first.

thank you for the suggestions,
as i have more than 10k battle i think i know how the game mechanic as los etc, and this glitch happen just after i update to 9.10.
before it never happened.
for ping, im from asia and having stable 100-180 ping.

shot-20.10.29_06.53.15-0979.jpg

• Thanks 1

[WORX]
Members
11,409 posts
19,183 battles
3 minutes ago, Ommi said:

i think i know how the game mechanic as los etc

I didn't suggest you didn't, I was only noting what was in the pic.. Not questioning what you know...

You might want to *slightly* lowering your graphics lvl (if its found to be on the graphics side).

If by what I suggested you find nothing wrong with your gear/gear set up or connection...

Then just a simple 5 min cold (without power) shut down of your

• PC
  • Modem
  • Router.

After that, do a check and repair in WGC... Simple restart, then run the game again..

If you still see the problem, run it on safe mode... It maybe just a mod issue..

[ROCKR]
Members
352 posts
14,440 battles

If it helps, I ran mine with and without mods. Client checker. Hard wired into industrial wi fi, and have only had a problem a couple of patches ago. Now its every freeking game it stutters/freezes. I know, I know - tickets, waste time, hardware double check, etc. Only game that freezes and stutters. Getting fed up with the state of things. Maybe if you introduce a Nuclear CV, for 500 dollars with jets and cruise missiles it'll make it better.

• Thanks 1

[CVA16]
Members
5,658 posts
17,441 battles

A new "feature" to my strange freezes is invisible ships. I can see the HP banner over a red ship which shows the range and health, except these are frozen too.  The range does not change or health decline even though the ship is moving and taking fire. I can sometimes see slight anomalies around  where the ship is which helps me aim but of course my shells are also unseen so it is all best guess. Fortunately I run the mod that shows target angles which helps my guessing. This doesn't start immediately and sometimes things go back to normal before the game ends.

Just to make it harder to prove, I have watched the replays and none of these glitches show up there. Everything looks fine although my aim will sometimes appear incredibly bad.

• Thanks 1

[WOLF1]
[WOLF1]
Members
36 posts
6,481 battles

this has been happening to me game freezes. but the key battles seem to work fine. so today i tried to play a random game  I could not zoom in to target anything then the camera stoped fallowing my ship and was stuck in one spot i could still move my ship around out of the camera where it stoped back and forth and what not it was odd and not fun i could not even move the guns around i threw the replay in the uploaded files i dont really no what to do to fix the game my i guess i will play key battles since thats all that works

20201108_185613_PASC510-Alaska_46_Estuary.wowsreplay

• Thanks 1

[-BMV-]
Members
14 posts
8,801 battles

Same problems here.  If you have problems post and send reports.  I sent one.  The more people who send reports will bump this up  the priority list for WG.

Again, this problem happened just after the last update.   Wish we could revert,  maybe it will go away when the Halloween event is over...

Good luck fellows..

[KAG]
Members
10 posts
15,440 battles
Spoiler

torp bug(cant torp), consumables freeze

shot-20_11.10_09_31.42-0473.thumb.jpg.2b2619d42cbf3cd68abbf1c5cfd7a5dd.jpg

shot-20_11.10_09_32.23-0261.thumb.jpg.8b66c5d0c97a35bbd6610c1c0097cc28.jpg

Spoiler

how many differences?

shot-20_11.10_09_38.02-0303.thumb.jpg.b1cc6aedffeb9b9f64b70f579e9a50d1.jpg

shot-20_11.10_09_37.03-0707.thumb.jpg.da9a170017dd92fd136d5d375b091612.jpg

this still happening to me, just cant play anymore, maybe its time to move on :(

[WORX]
Members
11,409 posts
19,183 battles
5 minutes ago, Ommi said:
  Hide contents

torp bug(cant torp), consumables freeze

shot-20_11.10_09_31.42-0473.thumb.jpg.2b2619d42cbf3cd68abbf1c5cfd7a5dd.jpg

shot-20_11.10_09_32.23-0261.thumb.jpg.8b66c5d0c97a35bbd6610c1c0097cc28.jpg

Hide contents

imageproxy.php?img=&key=44b63c92bbf32eaehow many differences?

shot-20_11.10_09_38.02-0303.thumb.jpg.b1cc6aedffeb9b9f64b70f579e9a50d1.jpg

shot-20_11.10_09_37.03-0707.thumb.jpg.da9a170017dd92fd136d5d375b091612.jpg

this still happening to me, just cant play anymore, maybe its time to move on :(

This can be two issues...

1. A driver issue...
    • GPU
    • CPU
    • Bios
      • OR
  2. A high resource issue

Check out which one is the issue and determine a good action to fix it.

[_WP_]
Members
2 posts
3,827 battles

FWIW --- I've been having these exact same issues since the last update.   Tried a bunch of different graphics settings, hoping to fix it. 

Today I did a verify game file integrity and two 'extraneous' files were found (and deleted).    But also I changed my screen from 'full screen windowed' to 'full screen' @ HD (1920 x 1080) and the problem seems to have stopped.   

Not sure which action fixed it.  But seems like one of the two did.   I have about a dozen games in a row w/o issue.   If that changes (i.e. bug reappears), I'll post back here. 

EDIT 12/5 ---  Still have not had recurrence since I took the actions described above.  Probably dozens or maybe hundreds of games since then.  FWIW  ;)

Edited by Ghobern1

[THREE]
Members
2,454 posts
13,673 battles

Hey

Since the last patch.  I have problem where the games crashes; I see the mouse freezes and then game freezes, then the screen goes black and then my computer shuts down and reboots.  Tonight, when this happened, I loaded back in but the ships carousel reset all parameters, all of the settings for spotting, potential damage, interface setting changed, the game loaded in as coop instead of random and at the far left of my ship list, and all of the audio setting were reset and audio's maxed out, and I lost my task bar at the bottom of the screen.   Never had this issue until the last patch.  I updated windows 10, no changed.  Check all video drivers, they were fine.  I'm finding it's not worth playing anymore if all your going to have is one aggravation after another, even besides the game play these days, just another nail in the coffin I think.

Pete

Edited by sasquatch_research

[WOLF1]
[WOLF1]
Members
36 posts
6,481 battles

gonna try to do updated i found something about windows 10 h20 that just came out maybe i just need to update who knows will try to see it that helps

[CVA16]
Members
5,658 posts
17,441 battles
1 hour ago, sasquatch_research said:

Since the last patch.  I have problem where the games crashes; I see the mouse freezes and then game freezes, then the screen goes black and then my computer shuts down and reboots. 

Sounds like a problem I had a couple of patches ago. Setting my graphics down may have mitigated it, or maybe it was a coincidence. On mine I had to exit on my own after I realized things were frozen.

My current issue seems to be worse when driving ships with torpedoes. DDs were the worst. Then cruisers. BBs don't seem to be as affected as often but have had some games. One of the things that freezes is the tubes. Can't aim the torps but the guns work normal even if the enemy and my shells are invisible. Hoping WG gets this fixed. 

[THREE]
Members
2,454 posts
13,673 battles
1 hour ago, littleflips said:

gonna try to do updated i found something about windows 10 h20 that just came out maybe i just need to update who knows will try to see it that helps

Hey

I did 2 Windows 10 updates after the problem started with this last wows patch, but it did nothing to fix the problem.  There is nothing to indicate when it's going to happen either  The first game today I played was bad in that I was getting only about 50 FPS and very erratic, and after I died and was in specs was when it crashed and my computer rebooted.  When I made it back in, the FPS was the normal 77fps that I always see, ping was rock solid the whole time.   Played tonight and everything was fine except for blow outs in almost every game, 4 losses, 1 win.  I quit at that point.

Pete

[CVA16]
Members
5,658 posts
17,441 battles

One other weird artifact I have noticed lately is that  when a match ends there is a brief still shot of the final screen from the previous battle (no flags or stats) before returning to the final scene of the current battle with the flags and battle totals. This happens whether there was other weirdness in the match or not and only lasts a few seconds.

Has WG even acknowledged these multiple issues? Torp tubes freezing/won't train, torps won't fire,  Invisible enemies, invisible shells, huge lags where shells fired long ago finally animate.

DDs for me are now unplayable due to the torp mounts freezing. 

Edited by Sabot_100

[TRETA]
Members
224 posts
21,647 battles
19 hours ago, Sabot_100 said:

Has WG even acknowledged these multiple issues?

Not in the foruns of course. They said to me in a ticket they were working in the issue. Three weeks and the same bug continues, dozens of ppl with the exact same problem in the reddit and eu forum.

[THREE]
Members
2,454 posts
13,673 battles
22 hours ago, Sabot_100 said:

One other weird artifact I have noticed lately is that  when a match ends there is a brief still shot of the final screen from the previous battle (no flags or stats) before returning to the final scene of the current battle with the flags and battle totals. This happens whether there was other weirdness in the match or not and only lasts a few seconds.

Has WG even acknowledged these multiple issues? Torp tubes freezing/won't train, torps won't fire,  Invisible enemies, invisible shells, huge lags where shells fired long ago finally animate.

DDs for me are now unplayable due to the torp mounts freezing. 

Hey

I had the exact same thing yesterday; but today I didn't see that.  I did have 2 crashes today while in game, freeze up, screen goes black, and then my computer shuts down and reboots.  Once I logged back into the game (one of the two games) had audio but no control of any kind, then rebooted and came back in a second time and it was fine and finished out the game of about last 4-5min.  Frustrating, had no issues with prior patch.  It started with the spotting FPS drops.  Yesterday I loaded into the first game and had a FPS of 50-60 and very erratic, then game crashed.  Loaded back in and it was normal 77FPS.  I am temped to just uninstall this game and call myself done.

Pete

Members
3,429 posts
6,898 battles

Sometimes as a last resort just uninstall and then download once more for clean install.    I had to do that once as my replay would not work couple of patches ago.