You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
SPjN

Doubloons bought on Steam Market not available in game?

8 comments in this topic

[BBB]
Members
3 posts
3,273 battles

I bought 1000 doubloons on Steam Market but only 250 were made available in the game.  Cannot find any option for making the remaining doubloons shown in steam inventory transfer to game, nor found any answer in the forum so far.  What am I missing?  Thank you!

Members
3,415 posts
40,676 battles

Sounds like you got taxed for about 75%.

Does a certain senator from Vermont run Steam now? Single...er.. Steam payer, working as intended.

Joking aside, given that Steam is not working well since WG finalized the rollout of the Game Center, mainly because of reasons known specifically between WG and Steam players, it would seem that this is a sign of WG going it alone with their platform.

This is a clear indication that using Steam account is actually discouraged.

WG wants to eliminate the middle man as it were. 🤔😏

Edited by SteelRain_Rifleman
  • Funny 1
  • Meh 1

[RCNW6]
Members
154 posts
3,486 battles
5 minutes ago, SteelRain_Rifleman said:

Sounds like you got taxed for about 75%.

Does a certain senator from Vermont run Steam now? Single...er.. Steam payer, working as intended. 🤔😏

On the bright side, those taxes are used to buy rowboats for less fortunate captains so it's all good. 

Members
3,415 posts
40,676 battles
Just now, WaywardVariable said:

On the bright side, those taxes are used to buy rowboats for less fortunate captains so it's all good. 

One hospital, everyone uses it. No sideshow clinics. No surprise bills that show up a full calendar year later. ACA allowed that. Because insurance drives the market and the quality. Get rid of insurance. Just build ginormous hospitals everyone has to go to. 

Rowboats are not equal if a BB rams it.  If a Steam player wants to help the less fortunate player. Give them a premium ship, not rowboats. Rowboats are limited by the sea state. They sink fast in a storm. 

Rowboats have small seperate ports. Premiums have big ports.

Seperate doesn't make it equal, but equal looks lately, like it's still seperate.

If I am that Steam player, I would want my 750 spent on premiums for the less fortunate. Then it's equal, right?

• Meh 1

Members
3,415 posts
40,676 battles
6 hours ago, SPjN said:

I bought 1000 doubloons on Steam Market but only 250 were made available in the game.  Cannot find any option for making the remaining doubloons shown in steam inventory transfer to game, nor found any answer in the forum so far.  What am I missing?  Thank you!

You can try their customer service. Show them the transaction number. If you did it on PayPal, I would hold off on a refund until you got an answer.

Then get the refund.

If you are not registered at WG site, then I suggest you get that done. If there are issues with that, then ask why. Find a way to get your account off of Steam account.

Because from what I have been hearing from other players, Steam is fast becoming a hassle as a go between with WG. The sooner you move to Game Center the better. Because I think you might not be able to access content in the future. 

At least that is my observation. From a business and technical side of view, WG needs to be able to control certain things and track certain things. Such things are difficult if a third party server is in the way. Bandwidth could be throttled down by Steam for instance to give priority to say another game.

It's kind of ironic that a Russian company detests red tape and bureaucracy. 😏😂

[WG]
Administrator, Developers, Community Department, WG Staff, In AlfaTesters
4,017 posts
14,396 battles