You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
xTheCanadianx

These new American BB's

38 comments in this topic

[CYPHR]
Alpha Tester, Members, Beta Testers
3,665 posts
19,081 battles

So.....................

California is great,

Florida is ok................

Kansas and Minnesota,

So. where to begin?  sufficient to say playing these ships makes me want to tie myself to an anchor and jump overboard, I mean I see the logic of their guns, throw enough crapat the wall it will stick....the problem is the crap ain't sticking!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!.

Can you please, maybe just please fix these floating turds before Vermont releases??????????

Cuz you have never released ships this bad..........ever

Edited by xTheCanadianx
  • Cool 5
  • Thanks 2

[PQUOD]
[PQUOD]
Members
4,796 posts
16,934 battles

If a person’s style is to sit at spawn and be arty on a fortress these are the ships for you.
If you prefer brawling, pushing, kiting. These may not be the ships for you

[-GOD-]
[-GOD-]
Members
1,298 posts
1 hour ago, Capt_Ahab1776 said:

If a person’s style is to sit at spawn and be arty on a fortress these are the ships for you.

Problem is Sigma so bad can't spawn-snipe and reloads so bad can't brawl lol

• Cool 2

Members
61 posts
8,947 battles

12 big guns for nothing, why u gonna snipe if no shell penetrate nothing , total waste of time, 40 seconds? is a .......g joke? I propose a solution

Remove 1 turret, set 2.0 sigma and reload to 35s and that's it

And range to 21kms

Chat banned & Pissed.

• Meh 1

[REVY]
Members
8,091 posts
6,118 battles
5 minutes ago, Orderofchaos said:

Cant wait to sell these worthless bbs , wargaming what were you thinking ?

It's revenge against the US for winning the Cold War.

• Cool 3
  • Funny 4
  • Boring 1

[GGWP]
Members
7,114 posts
16,390 battles

The true potential of these ships is in coordinated team play. A triple Kansas div is where you truly start to see their effectiveness. 

:Smile_trollface:

• Funny 1
  • Haha 2

Members
4,478 posts
19,839 battles
1 hour ago, bosco1111 said:

Problem is Sigma so bad can't spawn-snipe and reloads so bad can't brawl lol

Hell, the pathetic speed is enough to guarantee that you cant brawl. And even if you could get to close range the dispersion is so bad that you'd still be missing your target after the guns finish reloading tomorrow.

These are without a doubt, the worst ships that the devs have ever created. Why did they even bother?

• Cool 1

[SALVO]
Members
25,457 posts
27,411 battles
2 hours ago, Capt_Ahab1776 said:

I'm not sure about brawling, but you can push and kite in these BBs.  Particularly kite.  One of the nice things about having 6 guns fore and 6 guns aft is that you still have a decent salvo to fire if you have to show only your stern or bow to the enemy.  I don't think that I'd suggest close range brawling in them because of their slow reload and slow speed.  Most enemy BBs will out maneuver you whenever they want.  Better to keep the range somewhat open (say, 10+ km) and brawl in the mid ranges.

Also, unless you get a juicy broadside on a BB that you just can't pass up, these BBs may be better off trying to delete cruisers.  Not so much because of their pen, but because these BBs are so slow that they're nice, fat damage piñatas for HE spamming cruisers.  All the better to try to send the HE spammers to Davy Jones' locker.

And for what it's worth, in my limited experience with my Minnesota, its accuracy seems acceptable.  I deleted a CV on an over 20+ km snipe last night with a single 33k damage volley, landing 8 out of my 12 shells on target.  But I will say that if you like fast paced action in a high tier BB, then these new USN BBs probably aren't for you.  It's like playing mid tier USN BBs all over again, just at higher tiers and with bigger guns.

[INTEL]
Members
13,459 posts
37,304 battles

I finally took Kansas into Randoms. It is garbage all the way along the line -- eats cits, eats pens, no AA, horribad guns, terrible reload and dispersion, awful speed. Only its range is good, which is meaningless since you can't hit anything at that range.

It's a complete failure of a ship. May well be the worst in the game at the moment. Just another one of those middle fingers from the devs to the player base.

• Cool 4

Members
4,354 posts
4,615 battles

They already broke both knee caps of the IJN, wacked some high tier Italian, Pan-asian and French ships. I guess they looked at what they could do to break some US bones and instead thought it was a better idea to invented a line specifically to smack around and get the US player base to stop bugging them for more US ships. :Smile-_tongue:   

[--V--]
Members
1,458 posts
13,765 battles
8 hours ago, DuckyShot said:

The true potential of these ships is in coordinated team play. A triple Kansas div is where you truly start to see their effectiveness. 

:Smile_trollface:

O man,, ,I laughed out loud at this.   This is really funny.  3 Kansas'.  Can't hit anything close or far and can't take damage.   Yea,, that's a real win for the team their on.

LOL

Members
42 posts
2,966 battles

Who even wants more snipey battleships any way? The community has been pestering wargaming for more brawlers to get BB players closer to the front, and not 20km from the nearest enemy. If i were them i would buff their armor into some of the best, their guns into decency, keep the speed, and lower their range. Pretty much making them slow Russian bb's that have AA that doesn't die instantly that are also able to hit something over 15kms.

[XXX]
Members
594 posts
1,429 battles

Kansas needs the following buffs IMO.

1) 1.8 Sigma, 1.5 is hilariously bad for the 40 second reload.]

2) Much improved AP shells. She's currently using the Colorado 406mm shells and not the NorCal 406mm shells. She has better Velocity but way worse pen, I suspect most people would exchange better pen for more floatiness.

Minne buffs.

1) She's using the same shells as the Kansas...yes you read that right, she's using tier 7 shells (technically tier 6 shells since the West Virginia is using them) at tier 9. She needs to get the Iowa 406mm Super Heavy shells.

2) Buff her reload, even if it's only a 2 second buff to 38 seconds.

I suspect they were worried about making these ships OP and went too far the other way. However I also suspect it'll be about 6 months before they see any buffs because currently they're leaving both the tier 8 and 9 as the 'free XP ships' in order to get to the Vermont (which has MUCH better sigma, 1.95 to be exact) which seems like ridiculously huge upgrade in every single way. It's like going from the Lion to the Conq and the Lion is currently in contention for worst tier 9 ship now she's had her citadel raised.

[IRNBN]
Members
3,691 posts
10,730 battles
10 hours ago, Taichunger said:

I finally took Kansas into Randoms. It is garbage all the way along the line -- eats cits, eats pens, no AA, horribad guns, terrible reload and dispersion, awful speed. Only its range is good, which is meaningless since you can't hit anything at that range.

It's a complete failure of a ship. May well be the worst in the game at the moment. Just another one of those middle fingers from the devs to the player base.

Everyone's entitled to their opinions, and to me the whole new line, Oklahoma included, is one big steaming pile of fresh-dropped fertilizer.

The only rationale I can see here is two-fold: whales will buy anything, and they want more fat, slow CV targets.

• Cool 5
  • Boring 1

[WOLFG]
Members
30,666 posts
9,285 battles
2 hours ago, Yandere_Roon said:

Much improved AP shells. She's currently using the Colorado 406mm shells and not the NorCal 406mm shells. 

Actually no. The Kansas shells are Mk5, like Colorado, but they're also "Mod1".

LWM dug up some data, and while the two Mk5s have the same velocity, the "Mod1" is lighter, and has a worse Krupp value.

It's more like a stock Colorado shell.

I would actually play the ship if it had (upgraded) Colorado shells.

Edited by Skpstr
  • Thanks 1

[XXX]
Members
594 posts
1,429 battles
1 hour ago, Skpstr said:

Actually no. The Kansas shells are Mk5, like Colorado, but they're also "Mod1".

LWM dug up some data, and while the two Mk5s have the same velocity, the "Mod1" is lighter, and has a worse Krupp value.

It's more like a stock Colorado shell.

I would actually play the ship if it had (upgraded) Colorado shells.

Sweet Jebus it's actually WORSE than the Colorado...so both the Kansas AND the Minne are using shells that are bad even at tier 7 (unless the Minne is using actual Colorado shells, in which case that almost as bad)...

[FOXY]
Members
1,196 posts
5,458 battles
15 minutes ago, Yandere_Roon said:

Sweet Jebus it's actually WORSE than the Colorado...so both the Kansas AND the Minne are using shells that are bad even at tier 7 (unless the Minne is using actual Colorado shells, in which case that almost as bad)...

Minnie uses mod 1 as well.

its VERY noticeable at long range. i had a  salvo land 10 shells of which 1 over-penned, and 1 penetrated, the other 8 were non pens :/

[TOG]
Members
4,213 posts
25,120 battles

A Kansas Player chat after being sunk:

Spoiler

shot-20_10.29_15_26.30-0349.thumb.jpg.38aa54fc9e5ad35cf33c7cdeb14cd2f8.jpg

He was trying to support a push to B. Unfortunately, the cruisers fled, leaving him the sole target. He was under fire for a minute or two from 5 ships. That includes a gearing and a smolensk under 10 km.

[WOLF9]
Members
901 posts
20,846 battles

My opinion:

If you look at the USN BB line from T1 - T7, then these 3 new BBs are just a continuation of them (ignore NC, Iowa, Monty).  They are big, heavily armored, hard hitting guns (accuracy?  What's that?)  If the shell hits, it will hurt.  They are also SLOW.  New Mex and Colorado feel like they are sailing uphill all the time.  These guys just continue in that tradition.

I guess this leads me to the question - Where did the NC / Iowa / Monty come from since they are so unlike the rest of the line?