Jump to content
You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
Akeno017

Torpedo Bug with Bearing Locked armament is back.

77 comments in this topic

Recommended Posts

Members
2,237 posts
9,842 battles

Easy to replicate, just do Ctrl+X and  try to fire torps throughout the battle.

Fire in random directions, or just don't fire at all.




Don't bother using ships with torpedos for the next three patches if you are affected. They never fix this bug quick.

  • Cool 1
  • Thanks 3
  • Sad 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Members
71 posts
15 minutes ago, Akeno017 said:

Don't bother using ships with torpedos for the next three patches if you are affected. They never fix this bug quick. 

I confirm, today it was impossible for me to play with dds ewe

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Members
1,701 posts
2,065 battles
21 minutes ago, Akeno017 said:

Don't bother using ships with torpedos for the next three patches if you are affected.

How about if I get so close to my target(s) the torpedoes can't miss?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Members
2,237 posts
9,842 battles
3 minutes ago, Narcolepsia said:

I confirm, today it was impossible for me to play with dds ewe

Thats a lucky salvo, usually mine goes complete backwards and hits teammates.

  • Funny 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8,174
[WORX]
Members
14,359 posts
20,908 battles
27 minutes ago, Akeno017 said:

Easy to replicate, just do Ctrl+X and  try to fire torps throughout the battle.

Fire in random directions, or just don't fire at all.




Don't bother using ships with torpedos for the next three patches if you are affected. They never fix this bug quick.

Do what I suggested to @Narcolepsia, Send your tickets up to CS with WGC check, along with your evidence... I would also put it in the BUG 0.9.10 section of the forums. 

In his video, I assume (until proven wrong) its his connection. I have nothing to go by in your case to judge correctly.

That is the course of action I recommend you follow.

Edited by Navalpride33

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Members
2,237 posts
9,842 battles
1 minute ago, Navalpride33 said:

In his video, I assume (until proven wrong) its his connection.

Dude you can clearly see the torps firing at large angles away from his cursor.

It's not like this isn't a well known, re-occurring bug either. We know what it is, have seen it plenty before, and its every bit as infuriating as last time.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8,174
[WORX]
Members
14,359 posts
20,908 battles
32 minutes ago, Akeno017 said:

Dude you can clearly see the torps firing at large angles away from his cursor.

It's not like this isn't a well known, re-occurring bug either. We know what it is, have seen it plenty before, and its every bit as infuriating as last time.

I can translate what I told him too.(about his video).

Dear, what I see happening is the following ...
 

  1. Your connection
    • I can't confirm the number, I can only see three digits. Especially when the fight gets intense
  2. Recording or capturing the video / image.
    • As your connection is high / slow, what the recording captures is not what is currently happening.


EMO, I think it is a connection problem.

Edited by Navalpride33
  • Meh 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
255
[-RUM-]
Members
364 posts
6,350 battles
1 hour ago, Navalpride33 said:

I can translate what I told him too.(about his video).

Dear, what I see happening is the following ...
 

  1. Your connection
    • I can't confirm the number, I can only see three digits. Especially when the fight gets intense
  2. Recording or capturing the video / image.
    • As your connection is high / slow, what the recording captures is not what is currently happening.


EMO, I think it is a connection problem.

I'd like to refer you to this thread. Check my replays if you don't believe it

 

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8,174
[WORX]
Members
14,359 posts
20,908 battles
12 minutes ago, FullMetal_Inferno said:

I'd like to refer you to this thread. Check my replays if you don't believe it

 

@Akeno017

@Narcolepsia

@SmithWinston_655321

 

 

I just tested the torp mechanic in CO-OP, I can report no bugs encountered .. It was literally my first battle of the night....Most importantly, no other human players in the match were appeared to have any problems with the torp mechanic.

Here is the pic

449091465_Screenshot(266)_LI.thumb.jpg.e0dbfca6a88cc53a54e1f877b6c2ecca.jpg

Importantly, Here is the Replay file .

20201028_203242_PJSD025-True-Kamikaze_08_NE_passage.wowsreplay


I strongly recommend to do a 5 min (with out power) of your

  • PC
  • Modem
  • Router.

After that... Do a Check and repair of your system...

Sorry guys, I do not see based on trying to replicate in normal battle of Co-op... Of Seeing the bug as bad as was shown in the video or as you guys described.

GL and HF.

Edited by Navalpride33
  • Cool 1
  • Meh 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Members
2,237 posts
9,842 battles
7 hours ago, Navalpride33 said:

just tested the torp mechanic in CO-OP, I can report no bugs encountered .. It was literally my first battle of the night

Do you not listen?

Ctrl + X locking the armament, and its random chance over multiple battles using that. Its bloody nothing to do with internet.

I'm playing from the UK, if i was going to have internet related issues, they would've surfaced LONG ago.(Like the desynch bug with shells)
This is a longstanding bug on WG's side, we know this because its the third time it's appeared, in an identical fashion.

I'm going to politely ask you to leave this thread and bug alone now, because you greatly reduce the chances of a quickfix by giving false information and it makes the game completely unplayable for any ship that uses torps.

  • Cool 1
  • Meh 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8,174
[WORX]
Members
14,359 posts
20,908 battles
1 minute ago, Akeno017 said:


Ctrl + X locking the armament,

Why would you do that anyways ??? That is usually done on guns... I've never used it for torps... Anyways

IF your situation is different from the other 2 players... I'll tested out the torp mech. on Co-op...

As far as a general torp mechanic bug as the others described and shown on the clip... I did not found it in my playing session... (provided replay and a pic of the match).

Oh well. I'll test it out later

  • Meh 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Members
2,237 posts
9,842 battles
Just now, Navalpride33 said:

Why would you do that anyways ??? That is usually done on guns...

Yes, you lock your IJN dd guns because they'll slowly turn while you fire torps and you wont be able to use them.

First battle of the day, only 2 out of all the torp launches works. The rest straight don't fire.

20201029_112754_PJSD107-Akatsuki_35_NE_north_winter.wowsreplay

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8,174
[WORX]
Members
14,359 posts
20,908 battles
23 minutes ago, Akeno017 said:

Yes, you lock your IJN dd guns because they'll slowly turn while you fire torps and you wont be able to use them.

As I stated, as I posted as proof... Regular torp mech. works fine (without using guns or CTR X).

  • Neither did I notice problems with other players as they're torping and gunning.
  • Niether did I notice anyone complaining in chat (battle or in general) about aiming issues.

So basically, its not a server wide issue like say the FPS drops of last patch. This looks like (what I suspect)a few isolated players issue.

Mind you, I am not repeat not dismissing your claims or the evidence of others... All I am saying, its not the server side issue that is affecting everyone... Its a local issue.

That is how CS is going to see it as well.(unless proven false by their more adv. tools).


As stated, I will test the Ctr X torp aiming mech. later...

Edited by Navalpride33

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,547
[FOXY]
Members
3,358 posts
8,167 battles
1 hour ago, Navalpride33 said:

As I stated, as I posted as proof... Regular torp mech. works fine (without using guns or CTR X).

  • Neither did I notice problems with other players as they're torping and gunning.
  • Niether did I notice anyone complaining in chat (battle or in general) about aiming issues.

So basically, its not a server wide issue like say the FPS drops of last patch. This looks like (what I suspect)a few isolated players issue.

Mind you, I am not repeat not dismissing your claims or the evidence of others... All I am saying, its not the server side issue that is affecting everyone... Its a local issue.

That is how CS is going to see it as well.(unless proven false by their more adv. tools).


As stated, I will test the Ctr X torp aiming mech. later...

The "Its a local issue" is the information thats wrong, *IF* its appeared 3 times before, and its varying to different people, thats not local at that point.

 

Just tried it in my Mass, first game, encountered it. screenshots attached. I launched my torps on the grey line, they launched nowhere near the launch point. And that was *WITHOUT* the armament being locked.

552990_20201029093633_1.png

552990_20201029093636_1.png

Edited by Princess_Daystar
  • Cool 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3
[MOOBS]
Members
11 posts
5,652 battles

Nice, thanks for this post! I noticed it yesterday in my French and IJN dd's, same as you have. Torps were launching in front and behind the aiming cone. With the french dd with a middle launcher, it refused to fire out of the side opposite to the licked guns.
Have played for a year and never heard of this bug before.

People reporting it on Reddit, without some dropkick in the comments section too.. - https://www.reddit.com/r/WorldOfWarships/comments/jkdte1/torpedo_controls_broken_after_update/

 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8,174
[WORX]
Members
14,359 posts
20,908 battles
8 hours ago, Princess_Daystar said:

The "Its a local issue" is the information thats wrong, *IF* its appeared 3 times before, and its varying to different people, thats not local at that point.

Refer to the evidence I tested in post #9...TY.

 

 

  • Boring 1
  • Meh 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Members
1,806 posts
11,098 battles

Ahoy Fleet,

I've also tested this in various destroyers and haven't noticed anything wrong with the torpedo spread angles.

Try doing a check and repair of the client to see if any game files were incomplete or damaged during installation of the update.

If you're still experiencing the same behavior, create a WGcheck report and send it over to the Support team for review.

You might also want to attach a clip of the replay so the Support team can have context of the behavior.

#anchorsaweigh

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,547
[FOXY]
Members
3,358 posts
8,167 battles
27 minutes ago, Navalpride33 said:

Refer to the evidence I tested in post #9...TY.

 

 

Yes..and then i encountered on my first time out in a DD since the patch, i did lock my guns at the beginning of the match but if thats all it takes to trigger it, OOF. 

 

23 minutes ago, Gneisenau013 said:

Ahoy Fleet,

I've also tested this in various destroyers and haven't noticed anything wrong with the torpedo spread angles.

Try doing a check and repair of the client to see if any game files were incomplete or damaged during installation of the update.

If you're still experiencing the same behavior, create a WGcheck report and send it over to the Support team for review.

You might also want to attach a clip of the replay so the Support team can have context of the behavior.

#anchorsaweigh 

Just an FYI, im encountering it and i did the client repair the previous day after the download of the patch. ill see about getting some replays, but i have to play live games to do it, it may not happen as i really dont want to get impacted negatively by this.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8,174
[WORX]
Members
14,359 posts
20,908 battles
1 minute ago, Princess_Daystar said:

Yes..and then i encountered on my first time out in a DD since the patch, i did lock my guns at the beginning of the match but if thats all it takes to trigger it, OOF. 

As I stated in a prev post.

"Mind you, I am not repeat not dismissing your claims or the evidence of others... All I am saying, its not the server side issue that is affecting everyone... Its a local issue. "


If its not a repeatable bug in where everyone in the server is affected, then its not a server side bug... @Gneisenau013 is also informing us its not a server issue...

From here, you can follow my advice in last part of post #9 OR follow @Gneisenau013 instructions and send a ticket in...

 

  • Meh 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,547
[FOXY]
Members
3,358 posts
8,167 battles
10 minutes ago, Navalpride33 said:

As I stated in a prev post.

"Mind you, I am not repeat not dismissing your claims or the evidence of others... All I am saying, its not the server side issue that is affecting everyone... Its a local issue. "


If its not a repeatable bug in where everyone in the server is affected, then its not a server side bug... @Gneisenau013 is also informing us its not a server issue...

From here, you can follow my advice in last part of post #9 OR follow @Gneisenau013 instructions and send a ticket in...

 

 

The thing is its random so it may not affect everyone, INCLUDING Gneisenau013, and im not getting team kill penalties for my torpedoes launching were they arent supposed to just to capture evidence of it.

 

Screenshots in a training room are all im willing to do since it doesnt make replays apperently, and im doing it now. Because it is happening to me. Ill park my DDs for the time being and focus on other lines as it doesnt seem to be affecting cruisers or BBs with Torps.

 

Edit 1: OKAY. Think i have it figured out at least the bug IM encountering at least. The Torpedo tubes seem to be fused together, it is *ONLY* targeting off whichever torpedo tube spawns the aiming line first, the only way i can get them to function separately is *IF* i use shift X, then it forces them into separate operation.

Getting screenshots of this now.

edit 2: Getting screenshots is gonna be harder than i thought, it comes and goes with each and every salvo of torps.

Edited by Princess_Daystar

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8,174
[WORX]
Members
14,359 posts
20,908 battles
4 minutes ago, Princess_Daystar said:

 

The thing is its random so it may not affect everyone, INCLUDING Gneisenau013, and im not getting team kill penalties for my torpedoes launching were they arent supposed to just to capture evidence of it.

 

Screenshots in a training room are all im willing to do since it doesnt make replays apperently, and im doing it now. Because it is happening to me. Ill park my DDs for the time being and focus on other lines as it doesnt seem to be affecting cruisers or BBs with Torps.

 

OKAY. Think i have it figured out at least the bug IM encountering at least. The Torpedo tubes seem to be fused together, it is *ONLY* targeting off whichever torpedo tube spawns the aiming line first, the only way i can get them to function seperatly is *IF* i use shift X, then it forces them into separate operation.

Getting screenshots of this now.

Since I've already shown the torp mech. works... Why not enter the game in "safe mode" and see if that will fix it for you...

As stated, its a local issue and maybe running the game on safe mode will help fix it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,547
[FOXY]
Members
3,358 posts
8,167 battles
5 minutes ago, Navalpride33 said:

Since I've already shown the torp mech. works... Why not enter the game in "safe mode" and see if that will fix it for you...

As stated, its a local issue and maybe running the game on safe mode will help fix it. 

Cant do "Safe Mode" Through steam AFAIK, i dont see an option -anywhere for such a thing, and a client repair didnt fix it, neither did uninstalling mods.

 

And after restarting my replays from the training room are working, and i got it on replay. Awwww yisss.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8,174
[WORX]
Members
14,359 posts
20,908 battles
1 minute ago, Princess_Daystar said:

Cant do "Safe Mode" Through steam AFAIK,

Oh, you have a steam acct... Then ignore what I stated in the previous post... Its my fault in assuming you had the regular WGC version of WOWS.

This could be a steam issue not a WOWS issue...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,547
[FOXY]
Members
3,358 posts
8,167 battles
1 minute ago, Navalpride33 said:

Oh, you have a steam acct... Then ignore what I stated in the previous post... Its my fault in assuming you had the regular WGC version of WOWS.

This could be a steam issue not a WOWS issue...

Working as intended comrade.

 

you see ivan, when fire torpedoes towards allies, enemies think you are one of them and dont shoot.

They launch toward the right and immediately turn around and go to the left. GLORIOUS!

I had to do about 7 battles before getting *THIS* exact bug to appear, and that was launching salvos the entire time as quickly as i could. The "Thank yous" are cause F12 is my screenshot key too..

552990_20201029190229_1.png

Edited by Princess_Daystar

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×