Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
Spooky39

a 40 Sec Reload on Oklahoma?

16 comments in this topic

[MNR]
[MNR]
Members
82 posts
4,281 battles

I have no idea what in those vodkas they been drinking, but I ( and many other players) do not see the reason for this 40 sec reload on good ole Oklahoma, she was standard slow BB and that it and to top it off she never saw service again after they raise her from Pearl Harbor. So what the trade off for the long reload? She got nothing to offer. Might as well get her the 30 sec reload time and call it a day. 

Edited by Spooky39
  • Cool 3
  • Meh 2

[SYN]
Members
15,996 posts
12,803 battles

ah, they must have forgotten to dry out the electric hoist motors before using them.

[STW-A]
Alpha Tester, In AlfaTesters, Beta Testers
1,461 posts
21,476 battles

40 seconds is even harsh on the new t8-10. Even New Mex and Arizona are 34.2 seconds. Feels like a comfortable not-too-slow compromise for the increased accuracy/high damage salvos they dish out. But, the 40s is just a bit much.

[BERYL]
[BERYL]
Members
156 posts
5,993 battles

I guess they figured since the 40 sec reload time worked out so well for the Kansas they'd bless the Oklahoma with it as well.

Praise be to WG! 

• Haha 1

[MNR]
[MNR]
Members
82 posts
4,281 battles
Just now, RicketyEdge said:

I guess they figured since the 40 sec reload time worked out so well for the Kansas they'd bless the Oklahoma with it as well.

Praise be to WG! 

They sure are blessing the wrong ship. Okie never saw service again after they rise her.

[O_O]
[O_O]
Members
5,781 posts
24,954 battles

But a secondary-spec'd Oklahoma has a rang of 8.3 km. Fun!

Members
735 posts
20 battles

Comparing Oklahoma to New York, the decidedly average tech tree T5 US BB, NY is faster (how can NY be faster than anything, this is hilarious), has the same number of the same calibre guns with more damage per shell and a 30s reload vs Oklahoma's 40s reload (mind blown here), has more range, and more health. The only thing Oklahoma has over NY is better concealment, and many more secondaries, that are much more accurate and have slightly longer range. Note that when I say longer range, Oklahoma has 4.5km base secondary range vs 4.0km for NY...

How they think Oklahoma is a balanced ship I have no idea.

• Cool 1

[ARS]
Beta Testers
6,748 posts
6,865 battles
Just now, Moggytwo said:

Comparing Oklahoma to New York, the decidedly average tech tree T5 US BB, NY is faster (how can NY be faster than anything, this is hilarious), has the same number of the same calibre guns with more damage per shell and a 30s reload vs Oklahoma's 40s reload (mind blown here), has more range, and more health. The only thing Oklahoma has over NY is better concealment, and many more secondaries, that are much more accurate and have slightly longer range. Note that when I say longer range, Oklahoma has 4.5km base secondary range vs 4.0km for NY...

Oklahoma's gun layout is substantially superior as well.

Edited by Helstrem

[7-TH]
Members
243 posts
19,099 battles
40 minutes ago, Moggytwo said:

The rang of the secondaries was buffed. With flag/AFT/module range is 8.3. So could be viable as brawler and tier 5 DD's will hate it. I have not seen any reviews with full secondary build yet though.

[WIB]
Alpha Tester
3,978 posts
2,472 battles

I really don't understand WG'ing obsession with the long reload timers either.  Ships with guns that take the long to reload just aren't fun to play.  I mean think about it.  A match is 20 minutes long.  Figure it will take 3-5 minutes to get into a position to fire your guns, then add in all the time you spend sailing around without a target to shoot at and you will realize with a 40 second reload that you get to shoot your guns maybe 15 times an entire match if that.  Oh boy, that fast paced action just gets the heart pumping <sarcasm off>.

• Cool 1

[MNR]
[MNR]
Members
82 posts
4,281 battles

yeah 40 long seconds... whats in their vodka I do not know. My Texas loads faster then that.

• Cool 1

Members
4,479 posts
19,839 battles
3 hours ago, Midnitewolf said:

I really don't understand WG'ing obsession with the long reload timers either.  Ships with guns that take the long to reload just aren't fun to play. 

I find BBs with 30 second reloads boring to play. But 40 seconds? Like on Kansas, my newest port queen for that reason.

With loooong reloads, one is more of a spectator than a participant in a battle.

Edited by ReddNekk

Members
13,459 posts
40,194 battles
4 hours ago, Moggytwo said:

You got me. Remember when after much complaint they lowered NY's reload? You'd think they would have learned their lesson from that one.... 

...it sucks that it will be another 2 years before they revisit the reloads of Kansas and Oklahoma and Minnesota. But dont worry, you'll have another navy's worth of Russian paper ships in the meantime!

• Cool 1

[4HIM]
Members
3,412 posts
16,527 battles

I've yet to figure out how WG is hung up on giving the new US BB's such an awful reload.  I did manage to unlock the Kansas and play it enough to grind out the 500k damage mission.  Managed to get the hideous parade float camo for it as well.  Now it will simply be a port queen and played during snowflake events.  If I can, I'll get through the missions for the Slowklahoma, but it will likely get the same treatment.  

Slow ships = Boring

Long reload = Boring

Combined = Dreadfully BO-RING

Sign in to follow this