You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
Efros

US BBs 2 Well that was quick!

78 comments in this topic

[CO-OP]
Members
2,721 posts
30,135 battles

First lot of directives demolished in 5 games, I think, I wasn't really paying too much attention to them.

• Cool 3

[PVE]
Members
14,736 posts
31,368 battles

Pt 2 done

Good thing the tasks are so easy and this gets done quick as the ultimate prize if you get enough crates to finish the collection is really bad (Oklahoma). 

Week 2.jpg

• Cool 2

[CO-OP]
Members
2,721 posts
30,135 battles

Knowing my luck with this sort of thing I'm going to get a lot of dupes but not enough to get me the whole collection.

[PVE]
Members
7,589 posts
5 minutes ago, Efros said:

Knowing my luck with this sort of thing I'm going to get a lot of dupes but not enough to get me the whole collection.

I saw the stream code for a mission chain to earn more containers wasn't doable in co-op.  I have no idea if you can even finish the collection with only doing the US BB part 2 missions that are doable in co-op.  I won't be getting upset since I have absolutely no interest in the Oklahoma.

[CO-OP]
Members
2,721 posts
30,135 battles

It can be completed with the containers in the directives... if RNG smiles upon you.

[PVE]
Members
7,589 posts
7 minutes ago, Efros said:

It can be completed with the containers in the directives... if RNG smiles upon you.

But that doesn't happen.  I think you need 4 to 1 duplicates for this collection.  

[PVE]
[PVE]
Members
10,401 posts
26,840 battles
7 minutes ago, Slimeball91 said:

But that doesn't happen.  I think you need 4 to 1 duplicates for this collection.  

It is 4 to 1 so RNG needs to be good. Each crate costs 1750 doubloons if you buy them in the Armory and IMHO, the Oklahoma isn't worth buying even one crate.... It kind of sucks but the OK is a pointless boat if you have NY and/or Texas.  I can only think of two good reasons to try for the Oklahoma. One is you won't get it in a super container. The second is the ship is crap and everyone knows it is crap, so it MAY get a buff later on down the road. 

Edited by Taylor3006

[WOLFG]
Members
13,424 posts
12,847 battles

I think it was five games and done (credits took a little longer).  Can't complain too much about crappy reward (Oklahoma) when it takes almost no effort to complete, especially with the coal.

[CO-OP]
Members
3,930 posts
31,870 battles
2 hours ago, DrHolmes52 said:

I think it was five games and done (credits took a little longer).  Can't complain too much about crappy reward (Oklahoma) when it takes almost no effort to complete, especially with the coal.

Took me about 10, but half of those were grinding Minnesota, and that isn't a good ship to farm spotting damage, potential damage or credits.

[BEA5T]
Members
5,504 posts
26,109 battles

Took me 9.  I just played my 19 pointers tier 10 and down.  Of course, free stuff is free stuff; and, as said above, who needs another US BB clone that is only good for Snowflakes (what little value they are becoming......)

[WOLFG]
Members
13,424 posts
12,847 battles
8 hours ago, HamptonRoads said:

Took me about 10, but half of those were grinding Minnesota, and that isn't a good ship to farm spotting damage, potential damage or credits.

I had one game yesterday where I got 58K spotting in a Jean Bart. :cap_look:

[WOLFG]
Members
13,424 posts
12,847 battles
46 minutes ago, ZARDOZ_II said:

Second crate I opened was a dupe. 

Same.  Not that I really wanted the Oklahoma anyways, but It never feels good to start a collection that way.

[CO-OP]
Members
2,721 posts
30,135 battles

Yeah if I get to the end of this and don't have the OK I really doubt I'll be investing any cash to complete.

[WOLF9]
Members
4,679 posts

Part 2 got done mainly in one shot, as I ground out the 450,000 damage with Mogami;  Wichita; Fiji; and Helena  5 Epochs mission.    The kill mission was done over the course of a few very short days.   It'd have been done faster, if I wasn't being stubborn and playing BB's...   Several days of wth matches, credit losses, frustration, and early shut downs.   You have to be a masochist to play BB's in Co-op now- or near the end of a grind you WANT done, lol.

That campaign mission was finished in one shot.   A couple hours of really fun,  VERY productive games- nearly all of which were in the 2 torpedo-less US cruisers.   And, oh yeah- the BB mission part 2  completed itself in the background.   AND all 6 dailies, too.

Gotta say (again!)  Wichita is some of the best $$ I've spent on this game!  Despite all the moaning on the boards- it's fun to play, and a gd beast!    It's like it fires laser beams- that hurl freight trains at your enemies, lol.

[WOLFG]
Members
13,424 posts
12,847 battles

Still got spots to do, but my two additional duplicates (out of 3) are now safely in my collection.

[CO-OP]
Members
3,930 posts
31,870 battles
39 minutes ago, Fletcher7_1944 said:

Part 2 got done mainly in one shot, as I ground out the 450,000 damage with Mogami;  Wichita; Fiji; and Helena  5 Epochs mission.    The kill mission was done over the course of a few very short days.   It'd have been done faster, if I wasn't being stubborn and playing BB's...   Several days of wth matches, credit losses, frustration, and early shut downs.   You have to be a masochist to play BB's in Co-op now- or near the end of a grind you WANT done, lol.

Been grinding the Minnesota the past couple of days, and it hasn't been that bad.  Yes, some games I got shut down, but most of the time I would make credits.  I don't think battleships are really suffering too badly.  

[ARGSY]
Members
25,666 posts
19,741 battles

My calculations:

1) What we are given.

image.thumb.png.37d1fec898ded51c8912bbfb6286f021.png

Exchange rate is 4 to 1.

2) What follows as a corollary: 

Those who can complete the Twitch missions (and this isn't necessarily me, even though I do play Randoms) can get 41.

Those who can't or won't get 31. 

If you get a perfect run, zero duplicates, you need 16 boxes.

If you get one duplicate, you need 15 + 4 = 19 boxes (pulling the duplicate out and regarding it as separate from the unique pieces) to guarantee a finish.

If you get two duplicates, you need 14 + 8 = 22 boxes.

If you get three duplicates, you need 13 + 12 = 25 boxes.

If you get four duplicates, you need 12 + 16 = 28 boxes. THIS IS WHERE I AM NOW. :cap_wander_2:

If you get five duplicates, you need 11 + 20 = 31 boxes. 

If you get six duplicates, you need 10 + 24 = 34 boxes. SIX DUPLICATES IS A NO-FREE-FINISH FOR CO-OP PLAYERS. BUY MORE* OR WAIT FOR THEM TO BECOME COAL BOXES.

If you get seven duplicates you need 9 + 28 = 37 boxes.

If you get eight duplicates, you need 8 + 32 = 40 boxes.

If you get nine duplicates, you need 7 + 36 = 43 boxes. THIS IS THE NO-FREE-FINISH CONDITION FOR THE HARD-GRINDING RANDOMS PLAYER.

* = If you're going to buy extras, have the mindset that you're doing it for all the other stuff in them and the ship is a cherry on top.

Be sure you think the contents are worth it before dropping the $$$.

Edited by Ensign_Cthulhu

[BEA5T]
Members
5,504 posts
26,109 battles

A few minutes ago, I received the last of the daily rewards and they were a new collectable and a duplicate of that new collectable....!!!  That's twice that has happened....  So far, 5 duplicates:  I'm 11/16. 

Asked Hapa if there is any "calculating algorithm" (because, I've experienced ^^^^) and he said, as far as he knows, it's a Random draw......  Let's see what happens when I get two more crates next week and draw a new and a duplicate of that brand new collectable.....   Three times?  We'll see.

[CMFRT]
[CMFRT]
Banned
16,985 posts

Not entirely keeping up, I think I've played one night this week.   

Enthusiasm waning, and this event does nothing to renew it. 

[PVE]
[PVE]
Members
10,401 posts
26,840 battles
4 hours ago, KilljoyCutter said:

Not entirely keeping up, I think I've played one night this week.   

Enthusiasm waning, and this event does nothing to renew it. 

I actually had a bit of fun using carriers for the 30 spotting ribbons. I launched right at the bots, get 5-7 spots per match and then use the carrier to ram something if possible. It was actually hilarious and the most fun I have had with a CV since the rework. They are fun if you are not actually looking to use them for anything but battering rams. Flying the planes is stupid as all get out and I feel like a mental midget using them, but ramming is always fun. 

Edited by Taylor3006

[4HIM]
Members
3,422 posts
16,578 battles

So far, 4 items, 3 dupes.  I have a feeling this 'mission' is going do dupe us to death.  

[WOLF9]
Members
4,679 posts
1 hour ago, michael_zahnle said:

I like how people with around 20k battles, 19 point captains and Tier 10 ships brag about how quickly the burn through a mission.

In this Co-op meta, it's almost easier to do it in mid tier ships.    High tier ships are so powerful offensively, the bots hardly stand a chance, and the match is over as soon as it begins, lol.    I don't even play my tier 10 ships any longer- there's more fun to be had down lower.

My Dallas has an 8 point captain in it- and worked great for doing this mission  (AND working on 5 Epochs stuff)  Omaha's is 11, and Marblehead's is 10.   Helena has a 12 pointer in it.    It's not the commander, it's the player- and understanding what your ship can do.   The all important survival skills are the first ones you get, anyway- the next 9 take forever, lol.   Wichita DID have a 19 pointer in it, but it's skills merely help it stay afloat a bit longer or enhance what it already has slightly.    I bought the ship, because US heavys are about my favorite to play.     It just so happens that an accurate, hard hitting, fast reloading cruiser like Wichita is a great choice for the games right now.     That seems to be the key to getting these done in a reasonable amount of time without pulling your hair out, lol.

Pick a ship which can do well in the mode you play- it needn't be THE right ship, or the OP ship of the week;  just one whose capabilities make it a good choice for the meta.   I found that out the hard way, pounding my head against a brick wall trying to play BB's in a meta  that heavily favors DD's and cruisers.   If ya can't beat em, join em!    DD's like Nicholas, Hill, Acasta, Jaguar etc  can clean UP just as well as a high tier one can.  (and the mid tier bots aren't quite as psychotically good at punishing DD mistakes as the high tier ones are...)

And, of course,  changing my goals to working on something other than these stupid directives, lol.   They're set up perfectly to be completed in the background, while you have fun playing favorite ships, grinding new ships, or working on campaigns for example.    Less sweating, more fun playing.

When I switched from trying to complete the BB missions in the 5 Epochs campaign, to doing the cruiser and DD ones- it was like a light came on!   Click!  Suddenly progress came a lot faster, I was more successful, and started actually having fun!    The directives just completed themselves.   So, maybe change things up some,  try something different- and see if that helps get er done.     There are a LOT of excellent ships in the mid tiers to play- and less gimmicks and other annoying crap.

Now if only the damn islands would quit ramming my ships...