Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
Chain_shot

How does R&D resturcture impact WOWS?

12 comments in this topic

Beta Testers
3,497 posts
6,969 battles
5 minutes ago, Chain_shot said:

https://80.lv/articles/wargaming-shuts-down-its-r-d-department/

" Publisher and developer Wargaming has decided to close its R&D division, App2Top reported. "

So is this going to impact the development of WOWS? How will it if it does?

Sounds like a cost saving type deal probably leading to even more copy pasta.

• Funny 1

[SALVO]
Members
9,549 posts
6,988 battles

Would be interesting to know what their R&D was doing in the first place

• Cool 1

[INTEL]
Members
3,474 posts
20,562 battles

R&D can mean work on new technologies and new games, not necessarily on specific technologies of existing games.  It may be that they are focusing resources in the individual game teams.

I don't really know of course, but the companies where I worked R&D didn't really work on existing product or their technologies.

[S0L0]
[S0L0]
Alpha Tester, In AlfaTesters
5,273 posts
8,381 battles

How quickly we forget that Lesta studios is responsible for development of this game?   This would possibly affect World of tanks?..  WG does not work WOWS in house...  I think this studio is still stand alone despite being owned by WG?   

[46856]
Members
2,256 posts
1 minute ago, iRA6E said:

How quickly we forget that Lesta studios is responsible for development of this game?   This would possibly affect World of tanks..  WG does not work WOWS in house...  

How sure are you that its just tanks? They did not specify which games were intertwined with the restructuring.

[FOXEH]
Banned
14,364 posts
21,670 battles
1 hour ago, ArIskandir said:

Finding new ways to make CVs difficult to sink.

[S0L0]
[S0L0]
Alpha Tester, In AlfaTesters
5,273 posts
8,381 battles
1 minute ago, Chain_shot said:

How sure are you that its just tanks? They did not specify which games were intertwined with the restructuring.

Lesta is still operated, since purchase as a separate entity to best of my knowledge? .. original Wargaming development team is Minsk, which worked WOT?    

Here's translated original source article, seems more of a dollars and cents move..  They have a lot of separate teams with all their acquisitions..  

https://app2top.ru/industry/wargaming-rasformirovala-r-d-podrazdelenie-v-kompanii-idet-restrukturizatsiya1-175646.html

Beta Testers
3,497 posts
6,969 battles
7 minutes ago, iRA6E said:

Lesta is still operated, since purchase as a separate entity to best of my knowledge? .. original Wargaming development team is Minsk, which worked WOT?    

Here's translated original source article, seems more of a dollars and cents move..  They have a lot of separate teams with all their acquisitions..  

https://app2top.ru/industry/wargaming-rasformirovala-r-d-podrazdelenie-v-kompanii-idet-restrukturizatsiya1-175646.html

Lesta could still have been using their input and resources in some way even if not directly affiliated.

[SALVO]
Members
3,718 posts
7,576 battles
1 hour ago, ArIskandir said:

Would be interesting to see if this had to do with their sourcing of OG material ( sifting through blue prints and finding napkins).  Or if this is in regards to developing new game ideas. 

1 hour ago, iRA6E said:

How quickly we forget that Lesta studios is responsible for development of this game?   This would possibly affect World of tanks?..  WG does not work WOWS in house...  I think this studio is still stand alone despite being owned by WG?   

Well I am guessing this could be part of their historical research division.   Say guys like Nicholas Moran aka "The Chieftain".   He did comment on historical ships and their research from time to time.  Also he is the infamous source of "there will never subs in WoWs". 

[SALVO]
Members
9,549 posts
6,988 battles
2 minutes ago, eviltane said:

Would be interesting to see if this had to do with their sourcing of OG material ( sifting through blue prints and finding napkins).  Or if this is in regards to developing new game ideas. 

Well I am guessing this could be part of their historical research division.   Say guys like Nicholas Moran aka "The Chieftain".   He did comment on historical ships and their research from time to time.  Also he is the infamous source of "there will never subs in WoWs". 

Being sketchy, it looks like they are moving away from being direct Developers into a Publisher oriented approach while letting subsidiaries and third party studios take care of the development aspects. 

Sign in to follow this