You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
torino2dc

Workaround for "hotkey reserved" ?

2 comments in this topic

[KSC]
Volunteer Moderator Probationary
66 posts
25,568 battles

I am looking to move my key assignments from the standard 'WASD' to 'ESDF' -- in essence moving every key assignment one column to the right. [If you're interested to know the 'why?' I can provide an explanation below].

Unfortunately, WoWS will not let me reassign the '4' key — I get an error message saying "hotkey reserved". This is a bit of a roadblock because the '4' key would be my new torpedo key, i.e. a spatial relationship on my keyboard that has 20k battles worth of muscle memory behind it. I would like to keep that spatial relationship the same.

I remember seeing a post on working around reserved hotkeys when depth charges were first announced, but my searches have so far come up empty.

I am hoping someone on this forum has some knowledge on how to solve this issue. Thanks in advance. o7 ~torino

image.png.95aeffbc03e6574d8db8527239ebaa7d.png

[RCNW6]
Members
425 posts
22 minutes ago, torino2dc said:

I am looking to move my key assignments from the standard 'WASD' to 'ESDF' -- in essence moving every key assignment one column to the right. [If you're interested to know the 'why?' I can provide an explanation below].

Unfortunately, WoWS will not let me reassign the '4' key — I get an error message saying "hotkey reserved". This is a bit of a roadblock because the '4' key would be my new torpedo key, i.e. a spatial relationship on my keyboard that has 20k battles worth of muscle memory behind it. I would like to keep that spatial relationship the same.

I remember seeing a post on working around reserved hotkeys when depth charges were first announced, but my searches have so far come up empty.

I am hoping someone on this forum has some knowledge on how to solve this issue. Thanks in advance. o7 ~torino

image.png.95aeffbc03e6574d8db8527239ebaa7d.png

I'm going to assume you're a windows user and suggest that *maybe* the Microsoft Windows Keyboard Layout Creator is something worth looking into, it's a (free) tool that allows you to create your own custom keyboard layouts; basically create a custom keyboard layout for how you want it in game, switch windows to that layout before starting the game and then you don't need to change any of the in game keyboard settings at all since you'd be redefining them at the OS level.

DETAILS

Ever wanted to quickly and easily define your own keyboard layout for a language Microsoft doesn't support? Or define your own keyboard layout so you can quickly and easily enter your favorite symbols with a simple keystroke? Well, want no more: the Microsoft Keyboard Layout Creator is here!

The Microsoft Keyboard Layout Creator extends the international functionality of Windows 10, Windows 2000, Windows XP and Windows Server 2003 systems by allowing users to:

• Create new keyboard layouts from scratch
  • Base a new layout on an existing one
  • Modify an existing keyboard layout (.KLC) file and build a new layout from it
  • Package the resulting keyboard layouts for subsequent deployment and installation

Download @ https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=102134

Just a thought.