Jump to content
You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
Buckeyefan21x

Halloween 2020 mode rewards are extremely weak.

22 comments in this topic

Recommended Posts

168
[KAG]
Members
209 posts
11,448 battles

Anyone else think the rewards for the Halloween mode this year are extremely weak? I mean no chance to get premium pumpkin containers or the cool looking monster camos from years past.  No new camos, we cant some meaningless commanders with nothing specials about them and the same tier 8/9 camos from last year. They cant even give us a tier X camo as a reward.   I mean Wargaming the rewards are pretty damn [edited] by your standards compared to past events.  I mean come on now, you guys can do way better than this especially when a lot of us are paying customers.  

Edited by Buckeyefan21x
  • Cool 8
  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
197
[NAVAL]
[NAVAL]
Members
171 posts
13,135 battles

last years event was way more fun. tried it on test server, tried it today on na server, just isn't for me. 

 

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2,452
[REVY]
Members
8,099 posts
6,118 battles
1 minute ago, Buckeyefan21x said:

I mean come on now, you guys can do way better than this especially when a lot of us are paying customers.  

Covid.  Or maybe you're a freeloader and don't deserve it.  Who knows.

  • Funny 1
  • Confused 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3,384
[KWF]
Members
4,960 posts
6,612 battles

Personally Raid for the Filth was the most successful Halloween event in WoWs; while there was still an RNG element with the bundles, with a medium amount of effort the tier IX and VIII camouflages were easy to get.

My guess for this year is that they are working on some other stuff down the line. If you check up whats coming on Christmas Holidays the amount is insane.

  • Cool 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,252
[WIB]
Alpha Tester
3,978 posts
2,472 battles

Yeah the rewards are pretty weak and honestly not enough for me to spend any significant amount of time playing Key Battles.   I am a bit weird I think though.  I have a very hard  time playing WoWS without progress being involved in the process.  If I don't feel my activities are allowing me to progress something, i.e. gain XP on ships I am working on, grind out credits that I so desperately need,  earning some sort of good reward, etc I just don't find myself wanting to play.

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
162
[BOMBL]
Members
159 posts
6,017 battles

Didnt you used to be able to flag up your ships in last years mode too ? I remember being able to grind crazy amounts of FXP etc   That actually made it worth doing too.

Doesnt look like you can this year?  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4,244
[A-D-F]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
8,055 posts
56 minutes ago, Midnitewolf said:

Yeah the rewards are pretty weak and honestly not enough for me to spend any significant amount of time playing Key Battles.   I am a bit weird I think though.  I have a very hard  time playing WoWS without progress being involved in the process.  If I don't feel my activities are allowing me to progress something, i.e. gain XP on ships I am working on, grind out credits that I so desperately need,  earning some sort of good reward, etc I just don't find myself wanting to play.

You can exchange the battle points (for which there is no limit), for either credits or the premium camos.  It would be a lot better if credits earned themselves, like normal, but you can technically grind one of those things.  You can't gain any XP along the way though....

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Members
3,443 posts
41,004 battles

I read that pumpkin🎃 pie when served with roasted turkey 🦃or chicken🐓 is an aphrodisiac.🔥🗼🌋

The combination of the antioxidants found in the pumpkin and the L-triptophan in roasted poultry. 🤔

In the US, June, July, and August historically have the largest birthrates.🧐

It affects both man and woman. Makes them feel pretty guuuudd. Think weapons grade Viagra.🍆🍒💞💮🍑🙈🙉🙊

I just thought I should share this free content and PSA.😏

Especially since this event has a lot of pumpkins and turkeys. And most of us are hanging on to dear life with videos from streaming services. We can only watch so much Ranma 1/2.

WG didn't even have a 4 ft 11 inch vampire 🦇 to offer as a captain, Or a giant squid girl.🦑

Missed opportunity I dare say!

Even Count Dracula has stated: "Bucharest on a Sunday night used to be the least exciting (#1), but this year's WG Halloween event has knocked Bucharest off the top of the list. Congratulations Bucharest, you are more exciting than WG. Blah!"🦇

This Halloween🎃 already sucks, but WG made it official.😭

 

 

 

Edited by SteelRain_Rifleman
  • Confused 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
815
[PHD]
Members
868 posts
5,878 battles

This new mode, while somewhat fun, is too grindy. I managed to sucessfully exit the portal once and got less BP than in the previous match in which I got destroyed in the octagon. So, with roughly 5000 BP at best per battle, I'd need 60 battles to get a single tier IX camo. Nope. Way too grindy for my taste for a mode which I have to dedicate exclusively and leave my tech tree ships grind alone.

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
257
[WWJWD]
Beta Testers
243 posts
9,550 battles

Just did the tally.  Played 10 games, earned ~25k BP.

So at that rate, I can play 50 more battles to get the tier 8 Infernal camo that I don't really care about getting, a bunch of awful Halloween camo, credits I don't need, or a few premium days I don't need.

I'm ok with the changes from prior events like no credit gain, no FXP gain, no commander XP gain...but the rewards for this are really paltry.  The mode is fun, and that makes it worth playing some.  But with as grindy as it is and without the gain of any other resources, the rewards offered in exchange for the BP should have been much better.  Especially since there are no other items gained by playing.

Maybe that will change with upcoming missions.  One never knows what's coming next (hint: because they never tell you).

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
105
[WOLF7]
Members
175 posts
1 minute ago, WarStore said:

This new mode, while somewhat fun, is too grindy. I managed to sucessfully exit the portal once and got less BP than in the previous match in which I got destroyed in the octagon. So, with roughly 5000 BP at best per battle, I'd need 60 battles to get a single tier IX camo. Nope. Way too grindy for my taste for a mode which I have to dedicate exclusively and leave my tech tree ships grind alone.

Same thing happened to me.  On first game I got to octagon and was destroyed and had 4526 battle points.  Next game I managed to get more damage and also get a key and exit portal and only got 3800 battle points.  What the h !!  Seriously considering just forgetting this mode.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
815
[PHD]
Members
868 posts
5,878 battles
1 hour ago, gslick said:

Same thing happened to me.  On first game I got to octagon and was destroyed and had 4526 battle points.  Next game I managed to get more damage and also get a key and exit portal and only got 3800 battle points.  What the h !!  Seriously considering just forgetting this mode.

So, I was the only survivor in the octagon and got 10k BP. Just go fight monsters, let people kill each other and get everything you can to survive. Fast consumable reload, vampirism, invincibility and you are good to go.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Members
125 posts
3 hours ago, Buckeyefan21x said:

...when a lot of us are paying customers.  

It's really pointless having Premium time during this event then, if there are no credit or XP earnings to multiply.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
421
[-1]
Members
753 posts
10,602 battles

This mode is a great success. It sucks all these yoloing people out of randoms making life better. I strongly suggest to keep it permanent. This is the best reward so far.

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Members
222 posts
9,986 battles

I'll probably try it but I was kind of looking forward to grinding for a t10 camo :( 

Without that to chase hardcore grinding of a mode where folks are backstabbing each other doesn't sound like my thing.

Edited by PowerSurged
  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
196
[WOLF9]
Members
916 posts
20,977 battles
5 hours ago, warheart1992 said:

Personally Raid for the Filth was the most successful Halloween event in WoWs; while there was still an RNG element with the bundles, with a medium amount of effort the tier IX and VIII camouflages were easy to get.

My guess for this year is that they are working on some other stuff down the line. If you check up whats coming on Christmas Holidays the amount is insane.

Plus throw in that commander skill rework right after the Holidays is a time consumer for them as well.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5,925
[WOLFG]
Members
30,795 posts
9,354 battles
4 hours ago, SteelRain_Rifleman said:

I read that pumpkin🎃 pie when served with roasted turkey 🦃or chicken🐓 is an aphrodisiac.🔥🗼🌋

I can see it with the turkey.

I mean, every time I eat turkey, I've already got my belt undone and heading for the couch as soon as I leave the table lol.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5,925
[WOLFG]
Members
30,795 posts
9,354 battles
1 hour ago, PowerSurged said:

I'll probably try it but I was kind of looking forward to grinding for a t10 camo :( 

Without that to chase hardcore grinding of a mode where folks are backstabbing each other doesn't sound like my thing.

First match I played went well. Another player offered me a div, and when we dropped a lobster thingy, I let him have the key. Then we ganged up on another player and I stole his key, and the two of us hightailed it for the portal.

Played two more before I realised I wasn't getting credits or any type of XP. Back to Randoms, I've got ships to buy.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×