Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
WhiteCoatClubber

Requesting Advice - Best use of Free XP

Best use of Free XP  

27 members have voted

This poll is closed for new votes
  1. 1. For 1,000,000 Free XP - Get Alaska or 3 tier 10s (GKF, Nevski and Z-52)

• Alaska
    • GKF, Nevski and Z-52

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 11/01/2020 at 10:10 AM

11 comments in this topic

[BUF]
Members
56 posts
5,616 battles

Need everyone's advice

I have been saving my free XP to get the Alaska and now I have enough but I am now wondering if there is a better way to use it. 

In preparation for the snowflake event I looked at which tech tree ships I had that were close to having enough ship XP to get the next ship.  I started grinding those ship as my goal is to maximize the number ships in port that qualify for rewards.

Now I have been thinking.  By my calculation, I could free XP three tier 10's (GKF, Nevski and Z-52) with my free XP instead of the Alaska.

My question is: Alaska or three bare tier 10 ships for the containers?

Thanks for your input

Regards

Whitecoat

[TDR]
[TDR]
Members
898 posts
10,622 battles

I’d get Alaska and grind what you can between now and end of year. Also if Christmas patch is similar to last year you might even get an extra week or so of grind time to get the other tier x’s and the gifts

Members
1,528 posts
10,937 battles

Never fxp a ship unless you absolutely hate it to the point that playing it is painful. You have 6+ weeks to the snow flake event, that's more than enough time to grind the ships.

Members
131 posts
20,402 battles

Get alaska and grid the others. Or use fxp from playing Alaska to fxp the others. But really, play out what you can. You have a while before Christmas and even longer before those gifts expire. 

[-TRM-]
[-TRM-]
Members
1,270 posts
4,889 battles

I generally let them sit until "Its time" and not a moment before.

The Z-52 is a good DD, but not a Gearing in terms of firepower. US DD's can kill a German any time by gunfire. Which requires use of smoke for concealment and torps if needed to simply delete the Gearing etc.

The Alaska is on the back burner for me. Maybe at some point I will pick it up. After all a few million unconverted XP becomes a few more millioner given enough time. Ive no place to really use it all so I am careful and picky.

[CO-OP]
Members
1,985 posts
25,808 battles

According to the DevBlog, clearing a snowflake from a tier 9 ships will give you steel, and a tier 10 will give you "Santa's Gift."  I might wait until you know what "Santa's Gift" means.  In the meantime, you can still grind out the three lines, and save your FXP to get Alaska when the time comes.

[DVYJC]
Members
3,541 posts
8,090 battles

Don't decide now. Just keep hoarding it until you can make an informed decision. My personal opinion is that you should grind as many lines to Tier X as you can in anticipation of snowflakes and then use the spring and summer to grind FXP ships. 

• Cool 1

[NDA]
Supertester, In AlfaTesters
2,370 posts
12,775 battles
3 minutes ago, RainbowFartingUnicorn said:

Don't decide now. Just keep hoarding it until you can make an informed decision. My personal opinion is that you should grind as many lines to Tier X as you can in anticipation of snowflakes and then use the spring and summer to grind FXP ships. 

This. Grind away for the next 6 weeks and re-evaluate then.

[POP]
Members
4,624 posts
12,241 battles
1 hour ago, HamptonRoads said:

According to the DevBlog, clearing a snowflake from a tier 9 ships will give you steel, and a tier 10 will give you "Santa's Gift."  I might wait until you know what "Santa's Gift" means.  In the meantime, you can still grind out the three lines, and save your FXP to get Alaska when the time comes.

Last year’s ‘Santa’s Gift’ was a regular base Santa’s gift container (the $1 ones that mostly just had signals and camos), so I’d assume it’s the same since every other snowflake reward is too. 

[4HIM]
Members
3,234 posts
13,788 battles
3 hours ago, MidnightPhoenix07 said:

Last year’s ‘Santa’s Gift’ was a regular base Santa’s gift container (the $1 ones that mostly just had signals and camos), so I’d assume it’s the same since every other snowflake reward is too. 

So, three extra T10's will (probably) net you 3 additional $1 loot boxes.  Alaska is in the store for $77.  

[PYK]
Beta Testers
208 posts
2,395 battles

It depends on how much Alaska fits your playstyle. It plays 80% USN CA and 20% USN BB. From my experience, its armor is weak and unreliable at any angle. Its guns have more of a BB feel with relatively high alpha, long reload, and slow shell velocity. If that's not what you're looking for, get the Tier 10 ships.

Sign in to follow this