You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
USMC2145

WG plz explain this change to CV!

33 comments in this topic

Members
1,465 posts
7,121 battles
Just now, LastRemnant said:

That sounds like another nerf disguise as a new feature  :Smile_sceptic:

What it will do is make it easier for CV and harder to shoot them down.

[A-D-F]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
7,931 posts

I saw that and the only thing I can figure, is that it would be used to skip out of the "attack" when you are dumping off planes on purpose in open water, before you go into heavy AA.  "Pre dropping" or whatever it's called. So you don't have to just sit there and watch them drop on nothing.

I hope that's what it is anyway...

• Cool 1

[A-D-F]
7,931 posts
6 minutes ago, USMC2145 said:

I don't think I want to give up the invulnerability window of planes that are out of my control, if I am anywhere near your ship.

I might do it by mistake or something by fat fingering a new key I have to learn to avoid, but I am pretty sure that I won't be happy I did it and you will.

It doesn't really get "easier", than invulnerable.

[ANKER]
Members
363 posts
6,275 battles
25 minutes ago, USMC2145 said:

Looks  like  another  Buff  for   the  royalty.

• Cool 1

[HC]
[HC]
Beta Testers
3,284 posts
12,963 battles

Assuming that "possibility" means it's something the CV player can choose to do, I can see a few, minimal advantages.

I'm also assuming it doesn't affect the cooldown between attacks.

If you're pre-dropping, you can get control of your aircraft faster.

If you're attacking a ship with poor AA, you can get turned around faster to attack again, at the cost of taking more damage, which if you choose right won't mean any more lost planes.

If you're using Royal Navy level bombers and you've made your last attack, you don't have to wait until the parachute bombs finally get to the water to grab your next flight of planes.

The possible drawbacks are accidentally skipping the attack animation, and losing a bunch more planes, or it not being the CV players choice, and it simply being a way for CV's to lose more aircraft.

Edited by SgtBeltfed
  • Cool 1

Members
842 posts
1,237 battles
42 minutes ago, USMC2145 said:

What are you thinking...sigh  

WHAT!!!.jpg

What would this actually look like? Does it fix that you can't return to ship in an attack? Because I've been in an attack run several times where I can't do anything when the torpedo alarm goes off.

[CAST]
[CAST]
Members
2,618 posts
10,469 battles

I read it as the ability to skip the animation, but you skip the immunity for the skipped animation time period.  So, basically, if the animation is 10 seconds long, and you skip it, you skip the immunity for that same 10 seconds.  It just doesn't exist.  The plane still goes where it normally goes, so the immunity area would still be the same, it would just not be seen.

[INTEL]
Members
13,459 posts
37,252 battles

It would be awesome if the devs would actually explain the effects of these changes in simple and clear language.

• Cool 1

[A-D-F]
7,931 posts
7 minutes ago, Taichunger said:

It would be awesome if the devs would actually explain the effects of these changes in simple and clear language.

You and I agree on something.  I don't know what to do here...  The manual doesn't have a protocol for this event.:Smile_teethhappy:

• Cool 1

[TARK]
Members
7,331 posts
2,734 battles
13 minutes ago, Taichunger said:

It would be...

...but, the new normal is not to even document all the changes.

We still dont have complete patch notes for 0.9.9...and given the complete silence on that issue...I am betting we never will.

Cant admit to doing individual ship nerfs on premiums sold for money...despite the fact that we all saw it done.

[B_Y_F]
Members
583 posts
14,227 battles

So, I guess this is the compensation for the hidden CV neff hit last patch?

I definitely noticed the additional plane lost after the last patch hit if I'm lazy and don't do the proper per-drop. That neff  forced CV player to make sure they only bring minimal planes for every single drop if you want to be efficient. (beside German AP bomber because they recall almost instantly) 

This change just make per-drop a little bit easier. 

[TARK]
Members
7,331 posts
2,734 battles
51 minutes ago, sapient007 said:

So, I guess this is the compensation for the hidden CV neff hit last patch?

I definitely noticed the additional plane lost after the last patch hit if I'm lazy and don't do the proper per-drop. That neff  forced CV player to make sure they only bring minimal planes for every single drop if you want to be efficient. (beside German AP bomber because they recall almost instantly) 

This change just make per-drop a little bit easier. 

They mention in the 'detailed' notes that they 'fixed' the issue from 0.9.9 for plane loss.

They provide NOTHING in the way of information allowing us to verify this fact.

I think they are too afraid @LittleWhiteMouse or someone else similarly detailed will do a deep dive into the mechanics and show how it is not working the way it should...like the turning circle investigation.

[B_Y_F]
Members
583 posts
14,227 battles
2 minutes ago, Daniel_Allan_Clark said:

They mention in the 'detailed' notes that they 'fixed' the issue from 0.9.9 for plane loss.

Except they didn't? I play some CV games almost every day and the plane lost increase is significan to be noticed. (It's not 1 but 2-4 more pre run) It's not the first time somethings was call fixed in patch note without proper address. 

[TARK]
Members
7,331 posts
2,734 battles
15 minutes ago, sapient007 said:

Except they didn't? I play some CV games almost every day and the plane lost increase is significan to be noticed. (It's not 1 but 2-4 more pre run) It's not the first time somethings was call fixed in patch note without proper address. 

I was referring to the patch notes for 0.9.10...

[-K-]
[-K-]
111 posts
9,492 battles
2 hours ago, Your_SAT_Score said:

For most drops, you want to ride out the full immunity period to avoid unnecessary damage. 

but what if it were to be combined with an adjustment to the time it takes planes to reach safe altitude *thonk* :etc_red_button:

[INTEL]
Members
13,459 posts
37,252 battles
1 hour ago, Burnsy said:

You and I agree on something.  I don't know what to do here...  The manual doesn't have a protocol for this event.:Smile_teethhappy:

lol. We used to div together at Hoperations, didn't we? ... those were days.

[A-D-F]
7,931 posts
15 minutes ago, Taichunger said:

lol. We used to div together at Hoperations, didn't we? ... those were days.

Once or twice for Narai I think.  The only CV is an XP pinata so there really wasn't much to debate about. :Smile_teethhappy:

[A-D-F]
[A-D-F]
Members
2,309 posts
3 hours ago, Taichunger said:

They would have to KNOW the effects of what they are doing in order to explain them. Have you seen any evidence of that lately?

• Cool 1

[INTEL]
Members
13,459 posts
37,252 battles
1 hour ago, Doombeagle said:

They would have to KNOW the effects of what they are doing in order to explain them. Have you seen any evidence of that lately?

Oh snap!